Thumbs up Star Wars Holiday Special Rifftrax - Now Available As VOD!!

While the MP3 version has been available for years....

Rifftrax.Com recently put up a VOD version of the Holiday Special.

One wonders if this is due to the Disney deal. And them not hating it as much as Lucas.

It's $9.99 and the video is obviously from one of the better bootlegs floating around.

Just thought I would let folks know as it's a must watch Rifftrax for the Holidays.

http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/star-wars-holiday-special

Here's a 10 minute or so "Best Of" video from YouTube so you can get a feel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pR6gtr01Sc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWHS Rifftrax.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	28069  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The site says it's been available since December 10, 2007 - but that could mean the mp3. But there's no way in Mustafar that Disney would approve this kind of thing - they halted Detours so that the audience wouldn't think of Star Wars in a primarily satirical way, so they're not about to start parading the Holiday Special. And they certainly wouldn't do it through a bootleg (which are easily and readily available online, so it wouldn't have been hard for these guys to whip up the video themselves).

Anyway, this sounds like a fun listen.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'd like to check this out. Honestly, even with these guys doing it, I'm not sure it can match the inane comments from forcing a few friends to watch it (including alcohol, of course, for maximum effect).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The site says it's been available since December 10, 2007 - but that could mean the mp3.
    Yeah... the MP3 version was released back in 2007. But the VOD version is brand new.

But there's no way in Mustafar that Disney would approve this kind of thing - they halted Detours so that the audience wouldn't think of Star Wars in a primarily satirical way, so they're not about to start parading the Holiday Special. And they certainly wouldn't do it through a bootleg (which are easily and readily available online, so it wouldn't have been hard for these guys to whip up the video themselves).
    Rifftrax is VERY careful about making sure they have license rights before doing any VODs.

The do MP3's all the time for blockbuster movies and stuff they don't have the rights to.

But they are not the sort to risk the wrath of lawyers for hosting bootlegs. Not after the MST3K days.

And nobody on the forums has any answers as to what the deal was. So... who knows?

But it went up a few days ago and hasn't been yanked down as of yet. So.... who knows what is up.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

"Well, what do you know? It's not every day you see the stupidest thing you've ever seen." - the volcano-head guy pours his beverage into the top of his head.

Perhaps the SoCal gang should do a December get-together to watch this around Life Day.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'd be down for that. :mabs:

Damn, I forgot the :mabs: smiley was from swcollecting. Not here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

There's someone I know that knows someone who might be related to the same person who knows the knowing who has a copy. Or not. I'm not sayin' nuthin'.

But I've seen it. If you have a problem with forming tears in your eyes, this will cause them to flow easily. And make it hard to breathe, with your sides hurting. Fun times. No alcohol was involved, either.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(