Question SW Illustrated set

Wha-?!? Huh? When was THIS one announced? It's based on the SW Radio Drama (of ANH, not all 3) from NPR in the 1980s. It looks nice (I saw a couple packs in Target: 12 cards for $4.99 in those Jumbo Pack double-sided wrappers), is only 100 cards in the basic set, and I got two chase cards (One Year Ago subset).
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I saw these at Target last night for the first time. If the lines weren't so long, I would've bought a pack or two. I didn't see the jumbo packs but will look for them.

This set was announced earlier this year. I first read about it in the late summer or so, about the same time I started looking for GF 2 cards.

Bought three packs today, and the artwork is AMAZING!!! Bright colors. It's a different take on the familiar story, but I really like it.

There was one card I'm gonna have to investigate further. It's a Vader card and there's a code on the back to unlock a sequence or something. Don't know if it's game-related or what, but I will look into.

Just glad to see some SW cards at retail for once.

I saw some "regular" packs at Target ($2.99 for 6), along with the jumbo 12-packs ($4.99). I ordered a set online, plus one of the insert sets (think it was the Movie Posters one), that I'm still waiting on... until it came in today's mail.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 11-23-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Mail call!

I finished reading the set's card backs. Aside from the small font (I don't think it's cheaper to use tiny words, is it?), I'd put this set up there with my all-time faves. It was like reading the radio dramas all over again; if you haven't ever heard/read them, as a SW fan, you need to (they expand upon scenes with more detail, and give more character development and insight).

I have extras of this set, if any of ALL OF YOU COLLECTING CARDS out there have some other extras of insert sets (like One Year Ago, The Mission, or etched foils) to trade. Or not.

I picked up the second set of promo cards last night. Didn't like having to buy a second copy of the SW Insider but the artwork is sharp.

The local comic shop had the hobby packs for sale, $5. With 25-percent off during its annual Christmas sale, I picked up a couple of packs. No autos but one foil, a couple One Year Before cards and one or two illustrated cards.

Think that will be the last of the individual packs I buy. Gonna wait and see if I can find a complete set for a decent price.