Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Possession Arrow! (college basketball start-up)

There is still time before NCAA basketball games really mean something, but it's another season again!

Ohio State breaks Marquette's long home win streak. YSU goes up against a big boy in UMass and as expected, doesn't win. Pitt's going for a 3-0 start. But the Div. III player who scored over 100 points last year did it again this year; his scoring average is 90.0 ppg now!

The fall and winter tournaments should be starting soon, too!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Pitt played YSU... and my team won! Panthers remain undefeated with a pretty tame schedule so far (just wait 'til they get their first ACC games in). Buckeyes are also unblemished in the loss column, also with an easy schedule. YSU's Penguins are a respectable 7-5 to begin the year.

Didn't realize that YSU would get national airtime: they hung in there for most of the game against St. John's; MOST of the way. But the Penguins, should they make the NCAA tourney, could upset some upper seed IMHO. Yeah, I'll admit, I turned off the last 2:00 or so of the OSU/ND game, and therefore missed a nice comeback win. I also missed Pitt's 1-point loss to a quality opponent (Cincy) this week, instead of their common cupcake teams they beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    There is still time before NCAA basketball games really mean something, but it's another season again!

Ohio State breaks Marquette's long home win streak. YSU goes up against a big boy in UMass and as expected, doesn't win. Pitt's going for a 3-0 start. But the Div. III player who scored over 100 points last year did it again this year; his scoring average is 90.0 ppg now!

The fall and winter tournaments should be starting soon, too!
    The source vs mu game was terrible, wisconsin I soggy to a great start, but for the most part NCAA basketball gets a "meh" from this guy.

No shame in losing at Michigan St., but still sad to see the "chance" at an undefeated season go for the Buckeyes.

YSU gets its 10th win, and first conference victory.

Pitt won its second ACC game in as many games, only 1 loss in 15 played overall.

Pitt's transition into the ACC has been pretty strong, despite a loss to Duke (not an uncommon happening) at home recently. Ohio St. is... not so strong in their run of Big 10,11,12 Do I Hear 13,13? Conference games (they go to Madison for UW today). YSU's been steady after a strong start to the season, losing on late FTs yesterday.

Duke vs. Syracuse will have two 900+ win coaches squaring off. Let the hype begin!

It's been tough lately: yesterday's comeback win only put YSU at one game over .500; Pitt loses yet another close one versus a traditionally strong ACC team (UNC, after the buzzer-beater loss to former Big East power 'Cuse); OSU wins at Illinois by coming back, after other losses in recent weeks.

Conference tourneys (many of the "big" ones) start (or end) this week. YSU lost in early rounds last week, but worse than that, finished 15-17 and are not going to receive any post-season bids. Pitt finished in 5th place in their first ACC year, while OSU was also 5th. We'll see how those tournaments go, but I'm sure both will make the NCAAs, likely no higher than 4 or 5 seeds, unless either wins this week or makes a long run there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    We'll see how those tournaments go, but I'm sure both will make the NCAAs, likely no higher than 4 or 5 seeds, unless either wins this week or makes a long run there.
    No worries about a long run, as both Pitt and OSU lose 3-point semi-final games. Tomorrow's the bracket reveal; I'd guess OSU will get a 4 (or maybe a 5) seed, while Pitt would end up as a 6 or 7.

... or, Pitt and OSU could both end up with terrible draws. Pitt a #9, and up against a likely Florida game after opening games; Buckeyes in the same regional.

My Sweet Sixteen:
    Florida/UCLA, Ohio St./New Mexico
    Virginia/Michigan St., Iowa St./St. Joe's
    Arizona/San Diego St., Baylor/Oregon
    Wichita St./Louisville, Duke/Michigan

Final Four:
    Ohio St. beats Michigan St. in a Big 10 rematch, while Louisville takes out local Cinderella San Diego St. The Buckeyes win it all, in my dreams.