Young Han Solo origin movie to start in-between movies in 2016

2015 - Episode 7 starring Jaina Solo w. her parents Han / Leia and Jedi Master Luke, and cousin Ben, niece Allanah.
    This will be the female Jedi lead story of the SW movies, with Jaina possibly being as old as 32, and maybe just prior and or becoming the Empress Jaina Fel.

Jacen Solo (Anakin Solo as well, obviously to those who read NJO books) and Chewbacca will be dead. Harrison Ford has requested a significant storyline for Han Solo to get him to sign his 3 movie contract, with an additional clause to star in Indiana Jones 5.

2016 - Young Han Solo (Ep. 3.85 ) - an origin story where they will cast SOMEONE YOUNG TO PLAY HAN SOLO age 19 - 23 years old, and maybe even another actor to play him even younger.

This movie will likely feature a new actor playing CHEWBACCA, capable of meeting the demand for action sequences.

We might see Bollux and Blue Max!

Boba Fett (perhaps played by Daniel Logan?)

Emperor Palpatine - by Ian McDiarmid

Darth Vader - by Hayden Christensen

Jabba the Hutt

Bail Organa - by Jimmy Smits

Princess Leia as a 9 year old or slightly older

Lando Calrissian - by a new actor around age 21

Lt. Soontir Fel - Imperial TIE Pilot

Mallatabuk - Chewie's wife (probably before Lumpy is born)

Ithcy - Chewie's dad

Bossk - bounty hunter

Dengar - a little older than Han, I suspect, Swoop Bike Racer

Bria Tharen - Han's girlfriend? Turns Rebel Alliance

Senator Garm Bel Ibis - Corellian in the Imperial Senate (secret Rebel)

Mon Mothma

Captain Antilles - Alderaanian I think

Gallandro - assassin works Corporate Sector contracts

Garris Shrike - trafficker in human children for slaves (and other species' youngsters for slaves)

This story might be closest to following the A.C. Crispin / Brian Daley Han Solo stories.

However, the time Han spent as an Imperial Lt. / Capt. and prior to that at the Academy, was never allowed to be elaborated upon by the Exp. Univ. authors.

I doubt a movie will re-do a book, so this might be Han's rescue of Chewie from Imperial contracted Trandoshan slavers. Then his winning the Millennium Falcon.

This IS NOT ENTIRELY DESCRIBED IN ANY EU BOOK BY WAY OF SPECIFIC DIRECTIONS FROM LUCAS.

************************************************** *******************************

2017 - Episode 8

Likely sarring Ben Skywalker as the lead, while Luke tries to make sure he does NOT follow in Cousin Jaina's footsteps to rebuild a benevolent Empire.

Empress Fel is not going to be a bad girl, just a rogue like her father Han, but with terrible relations with her parents who fought to overthrow Empires.

Jaina will found the Imperial Knights. Basically Royal Guards with lightsabers who do not wear helmets with their armor.

************************************************** ********************************

2018 - a between movie

Vader? Episode 3.25?

Yoda Clone Wars - Episode 2.5?

Boba Fett - Episode 3.5?

************************************************** *******************************

2019 - Episode 9

Starring Ben Skywalker, Jaina Fel, possibly showing Allanah Solo come of age, now most likely in her upper teens like Anakin was shown from age 9 to age 19 in Ep. 1-2.

Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill may still have big parts - Harrison contracted for that. Wouldn't do it if his story arc wasn't great, he's reported to have made sure.

************************************************** *********************************

2020 - between movie

Again, Fett, Vader, Yoda, Jabba, Obi-Wan - all possibilities.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ewan McGreggor is in all of these movies as Obi-Wan - sometimes made to look like old Alec Guiness' ghost for 7,8,9.,

I love Ewan in Star Wars, so I'm fine with that.

************************************************** **********************************

Finale for the time being.

Perhaps a Jaina, Ben, Allanah movie with the new generation cast so that SW can go on into the future?

Note, they are NOT making movies out of any of the EU books, just preserving a continuity that has ready-made product (books, comics, action figures, art, more) that they can continue to profit from.

Jaina Solo is the highest selling Kotobukiya statue of all time, they said at Comic Con 2013.

Her inclusion and major bit of casting E7 is almost imminent.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Is this all just conjecture?
    Yes. The only things we know about the spinoff films is that Lawrence Kasdan is writing one and Simon Kinberg is writing another. We know nothing about content, characters, or timeline. The early rumors said they would involve Han Solo, Boba Fett, and/or Yoda, but those are just that - rumors. They were planned to alternate with the new trilogy annually, but I have a hard time believing that they can bust them out so quickly.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Yes. The only things we know about the spinoff films is that Lawrence Kasdan is writing and Simon Kinberg is writing another. We know nothing about content, characters, or timeline. The early rumors said they would involve Han Solo, Boba Fett, and/or Yoda, but those are just that - rumors. They were planned to alternate with the new trilogy annually, but I have a hard time believing that they can bust them out so quickly.
    This jives with what I had come to understand. And I also don't think these films can be doled out in such haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    This jives with what I had come to understand. And I also don't think these films can be doled out in such haste.
    Planes was.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It's not an issue of "can" Disney do Star Wars film releases every year. Disney is busting out 6-7 films a year.

The question is, WILL Disney release a SW film each year?

I'm sure when they planned this they expected to be running multiple productions simultaneouly, and that by staggering them with Trilogy material and stand alone films set in different eras they would be able to get aways with different crews working on each film.

This has the potential to run into continuity issues, there has to be a fair amount of collaboration between projects.

I would gladly trade more films for better quality.

However, let's not forget this is Disney we are talking about and they could easily decide to go with animated films to fill in some of the material.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    It's not an issue of "can" Disney do Star Wars film releases every year. Disney is busting out 6-7 films a year.

The question is, WILL Disney release a SW film each year?

I'm sure when they planned this they expected to be running multiple productions simultaneouly, and that by staggering them with Trilogy material and stand alone films set in different eras they would be able to get aways with different crews working on each film.

This has the potential to run into continuity issues, there has to be a fair amount of collaboration between projects.

I would gladly trade more films for better quality.

However, let's not forget this is Disney we are talking about and they could easily decide to go with animated films to fill in some of the material.
    Don't forget that it's still actually Lucasfilm making the films, under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy. They just report to their Disney bosses. While theoretically Disney could do whatever they wanted, so far they haven't really done that with Marvel. The closest example of them making something based on one of their companies' properties is Planes, based on Pixar's Cars, but there's already a lot of cross-pollination with John Lasseter as the head of animation at Pixar and Disney so perhaps that was inevitable.

Who knows how far along they are with the spinoffs? There's been basically no news on that front since they were announced, so the reality of the situation is anyone's guess. But it seems that Lucasfilm is busy with Episode VII, and Lucasfilm Animation is busy with Star Wars Rebels.

As to continuity, the Lucasfilm story group is ensuring that future projects fit together much better than what has come before, with the help of folks like Pablo Hidalgo and Leland Chee, who I believe previously had to make things fit after the fact.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

There's now a lot of buzz that Jack O'Connel has been cast.

He looks more Ben Skywalker than one of the Solo boys or Jag Fel, or Zekk.

There is also a statement by Kasdan or someone, I forget which (just Google Star Wars 7 and you guys will get all the speculative rumors I'm reading) and they said they are not covering book (Expanded Universe) material.

However, that doesn't mean they won't leave the continuity intact to continue to profit from sales of the old book titles (the Thrawn series (HTTE) and so forth) that will make them ready-for-sale more money as new fans read old books they've already paid for.

Again, Del Rey ordered up a 3 book Jaina Solo series to begin in 2014 and release 1 every 8 months or so.

That could mean a few things:

1) they are catching audiences up to where Jaina will be in the continuity once Ep. 7 hits.

2) they are going to kill her off in a grand way, or invoke "Star Trek" time-travel to make it so the Solo kids' continuity never happened and the movies can continue from a post-ROTJ up to before HTTE point (Jaina was born during the Thrawn series - but Leia could lose the twin babies in an alternate reality).

3) They are going to end Del Rey's novel relationship with Lucasfilm or they are going to stop the continuity with closure so they can restart a new continuity before HTTE (The Thrawn series) should Del Rey be maintaining their SW book license.***

***Note: the single titled on-going series by Dark Horse Comics, simply titled "Star Wars" that takes place right after The Battle of Yavin, is boring as anything. Han, Luke, Leia, and Chewie running around an over-trampled era in SW history does very little for me. ESB is the climax of this era before Luke embarks on his course to become a real Jedi Knight (starting with his resuming training with Yoda on Dagobah in Episode 5).

A continuity with new characters and additions like Han and Leia's children and the DEATH OF CHEWBACCA makes me care about what happens to these people.

In Episodes 7,8,& 9 I hope we see the death of all the Big 3 (Han, Luke, Leia) - though rumors are also saying Harrison Ford negotiated a big role for Han Solo, so we know he won't die (if he does ever die) until Episode 9 at the earliest (unless they use flashback scenes - never done in SW - just as time-travel has never been done).

Personally, I do not want SW's format to change: no time-travel and no flashback scenes.

As to deaths:

Han - not going to happen until at least Episode 9 by Harrison's contract, if true. (Plus he gets Indiana Jones 5). Unless Han dies and Harrison stars as Han in flashbacks.

The young Han actor and the Chewbacca actor will be for a between-movie. Also scratch rumors of Ian playing the "Ghost of Palpatine." Though actually that might be cool, I think Ian will return to a pre-ROTJ era when Palpatine was alive. He might even play the Chancellor version in a live action Clone Wars.

Oh - and as to animated movies? I don't think they'd be casting a new actor to play Chewie if they were doing animated. They can use Ben Burt's sound effects just fine. Now if Chewie's NJO Ex.Uni. death is negated by discounting the EU or by rebooting it with time-travel or setting it before NJO somehow? Yeah, maybe the actor is for Ep. 7. But that's a financial loss on additional money they could make to recoup their $4 billion on product (NJO books) they already have in play and can sell more of to people who haven't read them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

killing Leia - possible. Leia contributes the least in so much as character development and star-power (Carrie Fisher) to Episodes 7-9.

Her death would greatly affect any children she had with Han (who would be Jedi of the Skywalker line).

However, she might be portrayed (by Fisher) as now a fully trained Jedi Knight. But we've never seen Leia Solo this way. (She will definitely be Leia Solo, you'd think, if Harrison is going to be in all 3 movies).

However, if Han and Leia were never married after ROTJ and broke up... and Leia's kids were by a different father? Maybe Han's even a step-dad? It could be interesting, but I don't think Disney wants to step in and desecrate the way Lucas set up Han and Leia's relationshop to go.

And with Jaina being very popular (Google Jaina Solo or Jaina Fel before you comment), if they have kids, regardless of whether it's the Jaina you come up with on your Google search, why not name the daughter Jaina anyway?

There's so much hype building up for Jaina, that I think she's a done deal.

Hunger Games and Angelina Jolie as well as Buffy The Vampire Slayer have come up through the comic and action-heroine media that a female lead (skimpy, sexy clothing on a hot actress please! - uh in addition to the X-wing flight uniform) is a marketable way to go. And it sets the sequel trilogy apart from the male-hero oriented previous two films.

Anyway, I think Leia could be one contender for more-likely to die. I haven't heard much about whether Carrie Fisher is signed for 3 movies.

I don't think Leia would appear as a Force-ghost but could do R2D2 holograms in every movie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Killing Luke Skywalker - hmmm.

OK - Mark will be in all 3 films. He is growing into the old Ben Kenobi role in SW. He'll be a Force ghost eventually. Though it might not be until Episodes 10-12 - probably still portrayed by Mark Hamill.

That he's working out and shaping up into the role of the Jedi Master, I don't think he'll be a Force-ghost in 7-9. He'll be very much a living Jedi Master. Maybe he dies before 8 or 9.

I'm thinking to be different, Luke does NOT die.

Qui-Gon did, but he was only the star of 1 movie. Luke is by far way bigger of character than Qui-Gon.

Ewan McGreggor might be back for every Star Wars movie (7 or more) made! [Hell, I wouldn't mind! He's the best SW actor and majorly enthusiastic about it (unlike Harrison) since Ewan's the same age as many of us on this site and a big fanboy since Dennis Lawson starred as Wedge (Ewan's uncle).

If they need a Force-ghost in 7-9, Ewan's on call. He can play the living Obi-Wan in a live-action Clone Wars or between ROTS-and-ANH film as well.

There is the EU situation where by HTTE, Obi-Wan informs Luke he will not appear to assist him any longer (or was that the S-Sruuvi invasion books?) but who says he can't appear to Leia. The princess knows her adopted father Bail Organa trusted him, she might have met him if he left Tatooine post ROTS (for brief times he did in comics and books), and since he was present at her birth in ROTS, he might be familiar to her subconsciously.

Could there be Ewan / Carrie Fisher scenes? Possible. Maybe interesting. But Ewan / Mark Hammil scenes would be more interesting.

For all the above, I don't think killing Luke off in 7-9 makes any sense.

With Han living through Ep 9 (provided no flashbacks), would Luke's ghost to Jaina, or even Leia, saying "don't give your father (Han) any grief" be compelling enough for them to do their duty or not turn to the Dark Side? I say no.

Han Solo will struggle with being the ONLY ONE of this family, unable to feel or connect with The Force. That's a good arc for him, since he'll most likely have Force-Sensitive children. And if they leave the EU continuity intact - knowing that both his sons have died serving the Force and his daughter had to kill her own twin - I think that will really taint his view on the Jedi and whether he wants his children involved with The Force at all. We know Han's a begrudging believer.

Also, if the entire EU is intact, and Jaina has given a re-birth to The Empire as Empress Jaina Fel (or Princess if Baron Soontir Fel is still alive in the movie - the military type around 70 that they are casting for - I don't think Jagged Fel is the first good Emperor, but rather his father), Han Solo (and Leia and Luke) will not be at all happy with Jaina. A great source of conflict to work around and incorporate her example as "what not to do" in Episode 8 - "The rise of Ben Skywalker," as instructed by his father, Luke.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Big 3 die, Leia might go first. Han might go last. But I don't think Luke will go yet.

Han will not die necessarily. And if Han doesn't die, Leia might not either.

The 20-something / 30 something characters will have to take over for it to fit the SW pattern.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND YES, SIMULTANEOUS PRODUCTION:

It makes sense if they have rebuilt the Millennium Falcon!

Similar reasoning if they have built star destroyer or Rebellion era (Mon Cal) capital ship sets or life-sized X-wings and Slave-One.

[Dude - Slave-One would be awesome!!!]

Interior star destroyer sets could also double as Republic Cruiser sets for The Resolute for any need for Clone Wars live-action, or between movie live action scene sets.

The Blockade Runner (Tantive IV is one of my favorite SW ships) but I hope its use is limited to pre-ANH movie use).

It wouldn't feel like we were moving on if Jaina Solo were walking the halls of a Blockade Runner - though she does even in the EU I imagine.

If Mara Skywalker is NOT in the movies (she can be in between-movies, you know...) having the JadesFire with Luke remembering her (with Ben) in some scenes could be interesting. She might very well be dead in 7-9 and if cast, work when she's young between movies.

In fact, Mara with Ian as the Emperor, would be quite awesome!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.