Thumbs up Doors on the Gunship.

I was watching the trailer online and I noticed the Gunship DOES have doors, they slide towards the back. Even though it doesn't show them opening, the doors in the back match up with the openings.

here is pic
    "God's in his Heaven, All's right with the World." -NERV

I was pretty sure...

I was pretty sure those things were on the toy as well. I think they just had them both open at Toy Fair so that people could see inside from either angle. Thanks for helping me verify this!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

In the trailer you see the panels slide into that rear position but they don't appear to be big enough to cover the whole of that opening. They only cover about half of it. Which is probably to take into account the swing out bubbles that hold a trooper and have guns in them.

The toy version didn't appear to have sliding panels, they looked molded in place as part of the side of the vehicle. it didn't have the swing out gunner bubbles either. But maybe that's because the toy was a prototype and the people in charge of displaying the toys have no idea about what they're showing or how to set up a display. Rank amateurs!

It'll be interesting to see what the boxed version looks like like unpacked when we finally get to see a boxed version that is...

Jargo is right. The Toyfare pics I have definitely don't have moveable doors. Whether its because this was just the prototype, or bnecause the finished product won't have them, I couldn't say.

But I'm sure they'll probably include the turret/bubbles. They just won't be big enough to fit a figure inside
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    In the trailer you see the panels slide into that rear position but they don't appear to be big enough to cover the whole of that opening. They only cover about half of it. Which is probably to take into account the swing out bubbles that hold a trooper and have guns in them. The toy version didn't appear to have sliding panels, they looked molded in place as part of the side of the vehicle. it didn't have the swing out gunner bubbles either. But maybe that's because the toy was a prototype and the people in charge of displaying the toys have no idea about what they're showing or how to set up a display. Rank amateurs!
    It'll be interesting to see what the boxed version looks like like unpacked when we finally get to see a boxed version that is...
    I think you're right on the money Jargo, the toy is a prototype and since it's not due til Fall there is still plenty of time to add onto it and change things. Though I wonder how they are gonna handle the gunner bubbles since the ship isn't 100% to scale, or if they are just going to leave them off the ship. Since it appears that there are supposed to be gunners in the wing bubbles as well, then they will no doubt not be able to hold a figure. Mostly likely they just were not attached for Toy Fair.

It's also possible that they are not on all of the Republic Gunships in the movie, and Episode-x.com is saying that there is 2 different versions, the LAAT/c (Low Altitude Assault Transport/cargo) which is used just for to transport large amounts of troops to the battle field, and the LAAT/i (Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry) which seems to be the combat version. Quite possible the only ones with gun pods are the Infantry type, and the other ones axe the extra gunner pods instead, for more troops/cargo space.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 03-13-2002 at 03:33 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.