Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Celebration Anaheim: April 1619, 2015

Will there be "Celebration VII" gear like "Blue Harvest," to throw off the scalpers and press? Should we open a whole new thread for Anaheim?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Will there be "Celebration VII" gear like "Blue Harvest," to throw off the scalpers and press? Should we open a whole new thread for Anaheim?
    Nope. Just repainting old molds... and now it's about 3 months away.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Any of the locals going? I've only been to CIV in LA, so I'm still debating how I want to approach this one given its relatively close proximity.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Any of the locals going? I've only been to CIV in LA, so I'm still debating how I want to approach this one given its relatively close proximity.
    I'm going!

I'm still not sure if I'm going, leaning toward no. I expect it to be entirely E7-focused, and I really can't bring myself to care at all about "Ultimate Universe" Star Wars.

I do have Disney passes so I'll definitely go out that way, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I moved the Anaheim posts here from the CVI thread.

I may not be local, but I'm definitely going! I'm planning on being at Disneyland the Tuesday and Wednesday before Celebration, and attending Celebration all four days.

I'm very glad to see that AOTC and ROTS will both be shown there in 3D. The AOTC test footage at CVI was simply awesome! TPM looked great in 3D so I'll try to catch that one again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I'm still not sure if I'm going, leaning toward no. I expect it to be entirely E7-focused, and I really can't bring myself to care at all about "Ultimate Universe" Star Wars.

I do have Disney passes so I'll definitely go out that way, though.
    The original Celebration was definitely TPM-focused, but while the others celebrated the release of the subsequent prequels and the anniversaries of the OT films, there was plenty to do for fans of all stripes and all levels of fandom. I expect much of the focus to be on TFA here, but there will be lots of Rebels coverage as well, including at least one panel with the cast and Dave Filoni and the premiere of season two. There's always a collecting panel track, fan films, trivia, art galleries, costume pageants, and deep-dive panels like a super interesting one on the cantina aliens at CVI. As always, they'll promote the new comics, books, and collectibles. Of course, they're starting to announce more and more about what's planned, so we'll see what the balance is between TFA and everything else (and I wonder how much TFA stuff they'll actually even show since it's so far in advance of the film), but I fully expect there to be a wide variety of content there. Hell, the official logo has artwork based on Han, Leia, and Vader from ANH.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    What does Lucasfilm consider canon? Check the list!
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

I will definitely at least consider it strongly. One minor issue is that it's partly during the week while school is still in session. I'm pretty big on my daughter not missing school except for emergencies (though it seems like I'm the only parent left who feels that way sometimes).

I know of at least one SSG forumite who hasn't posted in a while will probably be going (don't want to announce on someone else's behalf), and strongly suspect another former forumite from a decade or more ago will as well.

In any case, barring some sort of financial calamity to anyone, dinner at Storytellers perhaps? (Just want to throw that out there; I'm always up for that place, but it is kinda pricey so I like to have a stronger excuse than "I want to binge on chicken nuggets and Haagen-Dasz.")
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Why Storytellers? Because it doesn't require a park ticket, or is it good? I've only looked inside, never been, I generally eat in the parks.

Anyway, right now I'm expecting to go, and I have a premium annual pass so I'm always up for going to the park itself. But 3 months away, yeesh! How can this be so soon?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Both. I've never ordered off the menu, but they have one of the best buffets I've been to. It's not a huge selection, but everything's great, even the chicken nuggets and mac and cheese they put out for the kids.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've eaten there and I endorse it. When I was chaperoning my last Grad Nite (which is now actually Grad DAY and Nite), we had dinner there and the buffet was just what the doctor ordered at 9PM after twelve hours of walking around the park and two hours of gathering new grads into the buses before leaving school.