Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

Who's going to Wondercon? Looks like the Comic Con people are keeping it in Anaheim another year.
    I plan to go, but making it on Easter weekend is king to complicate matters for me.

JT, you're right. Last year I got Thurs, Fri and Sunday.

It was quite aggravating to see this yellow banner on screen which read "unfortunately, not everyone qualified for pre-reg will get badges. However, we will have plenty more for sale during the general sale".

Yes, BUT there are also a lot more people vying for badges during that sale.

So that hotel lottery that I've been lucky with every year? Not anymore. Looks like I'll have to stay all the way out in Mission Valley this year.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    So that hotel lottery that I've been lucky with every year? Not anymore. Looks like I'll have to stay all the way out in Mission Valley this year.
    The free shuttles and complimentary breakfast make that ok for me. I traditionally stay there. And they are also more affordable, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    The free shuttles and complimentary breakfast make that ok for me. I traditionally stay there. And they are also more affordable, if I remember correctly.
    I'll be at the Hilton and not Town & Country and I don't think they provide a breakfast. Anyhow, if you're staying out there again, I may need some help transporting Hasbro hauls back. Though I'm hoping to not buy as much as last year - Metroplex, Jetfire, MP Soundwave...

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I'll be at the Hilton and not Town & Country and I don't think they provide a breakfast. Anyhow, if you're staying out there again, I may need some help transporting Hasbro hauls back. Though I'm hoping to not buy as much as last year - Metroplex, Jetfire, MP Soundwave...
    Yeah, we really scored last year. I hope that Hasbro doesn't have any exclusives. If I do go, which is in question still, you can rely on me to help. If I don't go, it will be the first time in 20 years that SDCC is not part of my summer.

Stupid lottery is just as frustrating as the rest of Comic-Con now, just everything good selling out before the majority can get to it.

Yeah, sadly there's no breakfast at the Hilton Mission Valley, I just checked the list.

Looks like I'll be staying in Mission Valley as well, how are the Comic-Con shuttles?

Maradona, I thought you had a trip coming up this summer to visit family.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

Maradona, I thought you had a trip coming up this summer to visit family.
    Absolutely correct. The dates are fluctuating now and I may end up going mid June instead of mid July. My cousin who is commissioning as an officer in the US Army (and getting his master's degree from Claremont Graduate University) next month may be coming with me, but his deployment situation is still undetermined, so I'm waiting on him. He's never visited our ancestral lands and is an overall super kid, so I don't mind adjusting my plans to accommodate him. I should know for certain in the next few weeks.

JT, they did it that way last year as well.

You might have gotten a press badge and entered the show differently.

But the badges were handled the same way.

When you're in the system, you can buy as many days as you want (theoretically - since I only got TH and SU - but live in the same building as a Comic Con mgr who alluded to saying I should plan on going all days anyway... but we'll see).

Anyway, in theory, if I could select all 4 days, a 5th option would appear and be SPN.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.