Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    It's a rather elaborate application process that requires multiple verifications (the details of which are available on the CCI website) and is due in October of the year before the convention. You should do it, Tycho.

It's like free admission? I could because I hired my artist from Comic Con. But I need exhibitor space. Thing is, I'll have to run around and see everybody before the hall opens. Can't get into panels any more anyway.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    General onsale was this morning and everything sold out in an hour, more or less.

For the first time in a long, long time I'll actually be there from preview night to Sunday and not need any SSG help to fill any missing days!!
    Congrats Figgy B! My gal told me about the sell-through in an hour thing and first person I thought of was you with all the troubles you've had the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Glad to hear that, FB. I submitted my pro-registration paperwork in October and was sent an email stating I was accepted, which was very good news to receive. Now to make sure I actually get a badge during the pro-registration window in March. If that works out, then I think I may be going for the full show. But I have to say, waking up at home last year on SDCC Saturday and just reading the twitter updates from Hall H was a LOT more relaxed than waiting in line for it. And the one day meet up with all of the SSG locals was a true highlight. Had I not gotten in as a pro this year, I would have still come down to hang out for a few hours on Thursday.
    Congrats! You know, you could read those tweets on your phone while you're in line for something not as frustrating as Hall H.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hotelpocalypse 2015 was this morning and truly, truly, truly there is not an aspect of SDCC that does not have tremendous potential for disaster.

Clearly, the link to the registration site as well as the form itself were not tested properly. The drop down menus did not even work for many, many registrants. From what others are saying, there was tremendous difficulty with load balancing (whatever that is).

Once again, we had a situation where the expected rise in demand led to new software and servers being put in place, only these new solutions just create even more problems.

I had a meeting at work, so I couldn't get on until 9:45 - 45 minutes after the opening salvos of the apocalypse. I just picked Mission Valley hotels, which hopefully will be okay. I've just got to get onto the shuttle route, no need for walking distance for me.

Aside from my top 2 choices, the other 4 were either ones I didn't actually pick or they're in the wrong order.

I'm not the only one this happened to either so clearly, the form was not working and not properly tested.

So I received the email I had been dreading: all rooms were taken prior to my request. I am roomless for the show. Guess I'll just be going down for one day again.

So sorry to hear that, Maradona.

I was waiting all night for that email too and got nervous when hearing about others receiving reservations for hotels that were on my list. However, by the time I went to sleep, no one had received any for my first choice. It arrived early this morning and like in years past I'll be at the Sofia.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    So I received the email I had been dreading: all rooms were taken prior to my request. I am roomless for the show. Guess I'll just be going down for one day again.
    Check into motels, they did me pretty well (minus the lockout night) in terms of price and distance.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Check into motels, they did me pretty well (minus the lockout night) in terms of price and distance.
    I've done motels before with mixed results. I was really hoping to get onto the shuttle routes, as they are so convenient. If I can't get anything when the leftovers go on sale next week, I'll start working on motel options.