As always, Hasbro will be at conventions and events this year, and at some of them we're hoping to get one-on-one interview time. First up is Toy Fair on February 15; it's not guaranteed that we'll get any interview time, so unused questions will be saved for future events.
Voting is not needed as the questions will be chosen on an editorial basis, but feel free to voice support or suggest changes to existing questions.
Also, please keep in mind that we'll be asking these in person, so keep questions respectful and reasonable.
Go ahead and voice support for these questions, and suggest your own:
- - A few figures from the cancelled Legacy Collection/Droid Factory revival have yet to make it out - A-wing Pilot, realistic phase I Captain Rex, Jabba’s droid R5-X2, and Mace’s droid R8-B7. Will we still see these released somehow, perhaps either as part of another multi-pack or individually?
- - We finally got the second Imperial Scanning Crew member in the Kmart sets – any updates on the second Utai?
- - Many figures across the new lines have been falling right off the cardbacks, especially in the 3 3/4” Black Series, making it impossible for carded collectors and frustrating for everyone else. What was causing this issue, and has it been fixed going forward?
- - At the launch of the 6” Black Series line last year, you stated that the future of both 6” and 3 3/4” was dependent on the level of fan interest. At the same time, the 3 3/4” Black Series line faced a number of issues right out of the gate – commonplace distribution issues; characters that collectors have seen multiple times; Target placing Black Series under Vintage Collection’s DPCI; many Walmart locations refusing to carry anything but role-play lightsabers; online stores selling out of the hotter items very quickly. And all this is coming off the back of 2012, another very difficult year in Star Wars collecting. Collectors still want to buy new and interesting figures, but all of these issues are actively preventing that from happening. So when you gauge fan interest and decide the future of the line, do you look only at the hard data, or are these issues and roadblocks taken into account?
- - Obviously you can’t predict the future, but you’ve stated that figures would be released in more sensible quantities going forward. Now, figures like Episode II Anakin, Biggs, and the Biker Scout are packed two to a case and carried forward, all of them are figures that have been available in recent memory, and none of them seem to be moving very well, stopping subsequent waves from arriving. This has happened over and over again – what will have to change to ensure that this is the last time?
- - The 41st Elite Corps Clone Trooper is getting a running change to replace its missing paint applications on the shoulders and lower legs. It's better, but still not correct – the hands, midsection, and belt are all still missing their gray paint. Will these issues be addressed going forward?
- - In the 6” line, collectors have noted that R2-D2 seems to be of a smaller scale compared to the other figures. Was this an intentional choice, or did he come out smaller than expected?
- - The 6" R2-D2 includes an action feature – turn his head, and his middle leg pops out. Knowing that this is a collector-focused line and collectors typically don't care for action features like this, why was this choice made, and will we be seeing features like these on future figures?
- - 6" Boba Fett is still an incredibly hot seller even after first debuting at Comic Con. Will he be repacked in future cases? Why was Han chosen as a wave three carry-forward instead of him?
- - We’ve seen the Inquisitor from Star Wars Rebels as a Saga Legends-style figure. Will we see any Rebels figures in Black Series style as well – either 3 3/4” or 6”?
- - So far the $20 Class II line has only consisted of resculpts of existing vehicles, but will we see any never-before-made ships there as well?
- - Many stores still have pegwarmers from this time two years ago – Walmarts have the Discover the Force 3D repacks, and everyone has the Vintage Collection Episode I wave. Are there any plans to remove these figures from shelves?