Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Judging by the most recent offerings in the 6", Saga Legends, and premium 3.75" line, it's obvious that you guys have just completely shut down your quality control department. So, what was the reasoning behind that exactly? Saving a buck or two while charging record high prices for a sub par product? Do you plan to reinstitute some level of quality control in the future or should we just accept the fact that Hasbro's days of producing high-quality merchandise is a thing of the past?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Judging by the most recent offerings in the 6", Saga Legends, and premium 3.75" line, it's obvious that you guys have just completely shut down your quality control department. So, what was the reasoning behind that exactly? Saving a buck or two while charging record high prices for a sub par product? Do you plan to reinstitute some level of quality control in the future or should we just accept the fact that Hasbro's days of producing high-quality merchandise is a thing of the past?
    We have to ask these in person, so would you really feel comfortable saying that to someone's face, someone who worked 18 months on each product that they hoped we'd enjoy, watching their joy at the infinite promise of any potential question turn into a stinging criticism of their failings wash over their faces as you continued to press your point?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    We have to ask these in person, so would you really feel comfortable saying that to someone's face, someone who worked 18 months on each product that they hoped we'd enjoy, watching their joy at the infinite promise of any potential question turn into a stinging criticism of their failings wash over their faces as you continued to press your point?
    Heck no! That's why I want you to ask it.

Seriously, I'm just venting some frustrations here. This is a hobby that I used to care about a great deal and wouldn't mind caring about again. Unfortunately, Hasbro's recent QC issues are making that nearly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Heck no! That's why I want you to ask it.

Seriously, I'm just venting some frustrations here. This is a hobby that I used to care about a great deal and wouldn't mind caring about again. Unfortunately, Hasbro's recent QC issues are making that nearly impossible.
    I understand, but was hoping you'd use that to make a usable question, better to have something constructive come from it. Believe me, I'm there, nearly every 6" figure I've gotten has had to go back, only Leia and Han, and Leia I was able to select from several to find one with normal-painted eyes, so the only figure I got right on the first try without effort was Han. But what would you want to say constructively?

Honestly, the 6" line seems to be the only line Hasbro can make me care about anymore, the 3.75" line at $10 has not gotten one iota of interest from me unfortunately, so QC is far from my biggest problem there.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've updated the first post with JT's question and a few of my own.

BigB, what QC issues would you like us to address? The paint has been pretty poor across the board lately, but what else specifically?

So, here are the previous questions, for posterity's sake:

1. - A few figures from the cancelled Legacy Collection/Droid Factory revival have yet to make it out - A-wing Pilot, realistic phase I Captain Rex, Jabba’s droid R5-X2, and Mace’s droid R8-B7. Will we still see these released somehow, perhaps either as part of another multi-pack or individually?
    2. - We finally got the second Imperial Scanning Crew member in the Kmart sets – any updates on the second Utai?
    3. - Many figures across the new lines have been falling right off the cardbacks, especially in the 3 3/4” Black Series, making it impossible for carded collectors and frustrating for everyone else. What was causing this issue, and has it been fixed going forward?
    4. - At the launch of the 6” Black Series line last year, you stated that the future of both 6” and 3 3/4” was dependent on the level of fan interest. At the same time, the 3 3/4” Black Series line faced a number of issues right out of the gate – commonplace distribution issues; characters that collectors have seen multiple times; Target placing Black Series under Vintage Collection’s DPCI; many Walmart locations refusing to carry anything but role-play lightsabers; online stores selling out of the hotter items very quickly. And all this is coming off the back of 2012, another very difficult year in Star Wars collecting. Collectors still want to buy new and interesting figures, but all of these issues are actively preventing that from happening. So when you gauge fan interest and decide the future of the line, do you look only at the hard data, or are these issues and roadblocks taken into account?
    5. - Obviously you can’t predict the future, but you’ve stated that figures would be released in more sensible quantities going forward. Now, figures like Episode II Anakin, Biggs, and the Biker Scout are packed two to a case and carried forward, all of them are figures that have been available in recent memory, and none of them seem to be moving very well, stopping subsequent waves from arriving. This has happened over and over again – what will have to change to ensure that this is the last time?
    6. - The 41st Elite Corps Clone Trooper is getting a running change to replace its missing paint applications on the shoulders and lower legs. It's better, but still not correct – the hands, midsection, and belt are all still missing their gray paint. Will these issues be addressed going forward?
    7. - In the 6” line, collectors have noted that R2-D2 seems to be of a smaller scale compared to the other figures. Was this an intentional choice, or did he come out smaller than expected?
    8. - The 6" R2-D2 includes an action feature – turn his head, and his middle leg pops out. Knowing that this is a collector-focused line and collectors typically don't care for action features like this, why was this choice made, and will we be seeing features like these on future figures?
    9. - 6" Boba Fett is still an incredibly hot seller even after first debuting at Comic Con. Will he be repacked in future cases? Why was Han chosen as a wave three carry-forward instead of him?
    10. - We’ve seen the Inquisitor from Star Wars Rebels as a Saga Legends-style figure. Will we see any Rebels figures in Black Series style as well – either 3 3/4” or 6”?
    11. - So far the $20 Class II line has only consisted of resculpts of existing vehicles, but will we see any never-before-made ships there as well?
    12. - Many stores still have pegwarmers from this time two years ago – Walmarts have the Discover the Force 3D repacks, and everyone has the Vintage Collection Episode I wave. Are there any plans to remove these figures from shelves?

And these were answered in our interview at Toy Fair. The question about 6" R2-D2's scale was either never asked or redirected toward another team member that I forgot to ask, so if it still needs to be addressed, I'll add it again.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Not really SW, but can someone who's going to Comic-Con ask a few questions of Hasbro?

1) Circuit Breaker has been, to put it mildly, problematic from a rights perspective, being a Transformers character who debuted in Secret Wars but was otherwise never seen outside the original Transformers comic. A character in a similar situation, Death's Head, is being released this year in the Avengers line, giving some hope, but he's appeared in far more comics, and more recently. Might there be some chance of doing Circuit Breaker as a convention exclusive Marvel figure, just so fans who aren't customizers can have her in their collections?

2) There are a lot of non-transforming characters in Transformers who are roughly on scale with the Transformers themselves. Since we've seen non-transforming Transformers toys, could some of these come out in a special subline at some point? Obvious examples include Nightbird, the Mecannibals, Autobot Spike, the Deathbringer, Quintessons, Bob the Insecticon, Garnak, and, for all intents and purposes, Rung, but there are a lot more possibilities.

3) Both GI Joe: Resolute and Renegades ended on cliffhangers that are unlikely to ever be resolved. At the same time, with the exception of the continuation of the original A Real American Hero series, IDW's comics have been struggling for a while. Would it be possible to have those series continued in comic form so fans get some sort of resolution?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Not to ignore Chux's off-brand questions, but I have a SW question I was curious about - why do only the armored figures get double-jointed elbows? I'm sure it's aesthetics, but it feels like Hasbro got the double-jointed knees right on those non-armored figures.

I added it. All this double-elbow talk got me wondering about the Dagobah Luke, so I also added one of my own.

We're a month out from the show, so chime in now!

I added a few questions about exclusives at other retailers, which might end up not getting asked depending on what's revealed there.

If we're allowed to ask non-Star Wars related toy questions, this one involves Marvel Comics toys:

Considering how Marvel's All-New X-Men has consistently been one of their best selling titles for two years now and the most recent hardback collected edition made it onto the New York Times Bestseller list, are we going to see you guys focusing more on characters from that series? Of course, we got the All-New X-Men Marvel Legends TRU boxed set recently, but are we going to see any of the original five X-Men in their awesome new costumes worked into the character selections for Marvel Legends and/or the Marvel Infinite lines?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis