The Black Series 6" Wave 6: Yoda, TIE Pilot, Clone Trooper Sergeant

This wave is now hitting some stores - I got it from TRU the other day (I'll be getting them as gifts and opening them then). I'm glad to see stores finally getting something new for this line.

The wave also includes a repack of ROTS Obi-Wan, now on the blue-accented box, which will surely pegwarm just as his black-and-orange version already is.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    What does Lucasfilm consider canon? Check the list!
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

Might this wave get under ordered by retailers as it's an end of the year one? I'll skip the Clone Sargeant but would hate to miss out on the TIE Pilot.

Saw this wave at a comic book shop last week and couldn't skip past the Yoda and Clonetrooper fast enough to get to the TIE Pilot near the back of the display. I put the figure in with my stack of comic books and took it to the register without even bothering to look at the price (and without even bothering to give any of the other 6" figures a second glance).

Turned out I paid $29.99 for it, but that's okay. This is literally the first Star Wars purchase I have made in months, so an extra $10 is worth having the figure in hand and not having to worry about trying to track it down.

I snipped off the holster almost immediately after opening him and there are some minor nitpicks I have with the helmet and his overly skinny legs, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9097_2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	28525
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The TIE Pilot looks fantastic!

So far I've only opened the Clone Trooper Sergeant. The paint is better than on my normal clone, and you pretty much know what to expect if you have the other clone, but it's a very nice figure.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    What does Lucasfilm consider canon? Check the list!
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

I saw this wave, or at least remnants, at two different Walgreen's locations so be sure to take a look there.

I bought only the TIE Pilot. Wasted money already on the 3.75" Yoda and didn't really want to do that again with the 6".

I found only the Clone at my Target.

I'm not interested in purchasing any from this wave, though I'd be happy to see Yoda. I like the snake. Reminds me of the vintage figure.

But I went home and was glad to have a ton of 1/6 scale Yodas and that satisfies me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I picked up the Clone Sergeant at Toys'r'Us yesterday. I saw the Yoda figure at Target. It is not worth $20.00. It looks like this is destined to be the new Slave Leia/Greedo.

Why? (words added to make post long enough. question still stands.)

by the way: they need to make Snaggletooth or Hammerhead to help Greedo sell.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm not being entirely negative when I say it surprises me that they're still making these. I've never seen anyone buy one, they seem to clog pegs with a vengeance, and I've never seen one that looks worth $20 (in person, since they've woefully underproduced Vader and Fett and I don't think those two exist).

If you like them, that's great. I just am shocked every time I see new ones because I always expect the previous wave would've been the last to actually get released.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I only own a few. Luke Bespin, Obi-Wan ROTS, Sandtrooper, Luke Jedi (wanted Jabba's Palace style though), and Chewbacca.

I might try to online order R2D2 now that I've reconsidered getting several that could pair with TFA releases (R2 and Chewie). I'm just holding out for a Snowtrooper myself.

I thought they'd be a nice gift for BobaFrett, so I buy along a theme for him - everything to do with Mos Eisley. It's difficult for him to collect in his new married life. I got him R2, Sandtrooper, Greedo, Han, Fett, Chewie thus far.