Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

will Leia use a lightsaber in Ep. 7? How about the big 3 again?

So the current word is Han, Luke, Leis are taking the center seat.

How do you feel about a SW movie about old people?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

If it's as awesome as old Harrison in Indiana Jones IV!

Oh, wait.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

They will all be droids and stormtroopers. In credited roles.

I think those actors' ACTUAL children should reprise their SW characters!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

The primary appeal of Star Wars is that it's a story about youth. So, making Hamill, Ford, and Fisher the main characters for Ep7 is a HUGE mistake that would not only guarantee a crappy sequel, but would likely diminish my appreciation of the Original Trilogy as well. Much like Indy 4 did for my appreciation of the Indiana Jones series.

Then bring on Jaina, Allanah, and Ben.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I thought the first Trilogy was about old people. Obi-Wan, Yoda, Emperor, not to mention all the supporting cast Tarkin, Owen, Beru, Madine, Mon Mothma. Fisher is only 57 and I suspect she's working out and eating right to get ready for the part, Hollywood seems to have the best personal trainers outside professional sports.

I'm sure they will bring in a younger cast to support the wise older characters.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I thought the first Trilogy was about old people.
    Well, the core characters were Luke, Han and Leia and Lucas wanted to cast young actors in those roles for a reason. Obi-Wan, Yoda, the Emperor, etc. were all supporting characters and not the main focus of the story. When I say that the story is about youth, that doesn't mean that the entire cast has to be made up exclusively of young people.

It's the same with Indiana Jones. He's not an iconic character because of Harrison Ford, the whip, or the hat. He's a film icon because he represents a masculine ideal that men can aspire to and women feel attracted to. An important part of that ideal includes being young and virile. So when they made Indy 4 with a nearly 70 year old Harrison Ford, it ruined the primary appeal of the character. Most guys would want to be Indiana Jones in the first three films, but I doubt any guy wants to be Indiana Jones in 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'.

Harrison Ford was 35 when EP IV was released. ;-)
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Harrison Ford was 35 when EP IV was released. ;-)
    That doesn't matter and I'm not sure if you're missing the point on purpose or what. The appeal of Star Wars is that it's about youth. Not youth as in little kids, teenagers, or any specific age range; but youthful attitudes and youthful energy. Youthful ideals, not necessarily young people (although 35 isn't really that old). You can't get that with senior citizens complaining about how old they are like Indiana Jones in KotCS.

So, no "I'm getting too old for this poodoo" or "it's not the years; it's the parsecs" lines?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega