Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Funny. Bel-Cam Jos
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    That doesn't matter and I'm not sure if you're missing the point on purpose or what.
    Of course I'm missing the point on purpose, that's why I did the and the ;-)

My only serious line was that I'm sure they will bring in a younger cast to support the older characters.

I suspect it will be done much like the other films with the focus shifting from certain characters to others. Probably the Solo kids and/or Ben running around at the direction of Han, Leia, Luke etc. With the occasional scene of the old Jedi Master (Luke) kicking some butt ala Count Dooku vs Ani EPII style.
    May the force be with you.

I want to see a lot of Jaina Solo and someone like a young Angelina Jolie cast.

SW Gave us eye candy with Slave Leia. As long as it is done relevant to the story it will be seamless..

I do not propose she runs around in a bikini. But the black jumpsuit and cloak will be fine.

Like Anne Hathaway in Dark Knight Rises.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I want to see a lot of Jaina Solo and someone like a young Angelina Jolie cast.

SW Gave us eye candy with Slave Leia. As long as it is done relevant to the story it will be seamless..

I do not propose she runs around in a bikini. But the black jumpsuit and cloak will be fine.

Like Anne Hathaway in Dark Knight Rises.
    We will probably end up with Jennifer Lawrence. :-(

I'm tired of seeing her in movies, so you can bet Disney is eyeing her for a major part in the new SW films. Ugh

Better than Selena Gomez, though. Or (gasp) a "comeback" for Lindsey L. or Miley Montana.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Better than Selena Gomez, though. Or (gasp) a "comeback" for Lindsey L. or Miley Montana.
    Or Kristen Stewart.

I'd prefer they go with an unknown.

Latest news suggests that JJ wants the movie to focus on the Skywalker line, not the Solos, which was part of why Arndt left.

Jesse Plemmons (Breaking Bad's "Todd" - who cooked with Walter and shot the boy during the train robbery) looks to be cast as Ben Skywalker.

The EU might not conflict at all.

Less has been published about Ben Skywalker than Jaina Solo.

The questions might be:

will Mara Skywalker still be alive? Do we want to introduce Mara (Jade) into the movies as a 50-60 year old mom? I doubt that and so...

will Ben Skywalker's mom be already dead before the start of E7? Probable. Doesn't seem like there's been a casting call for a part like Mara anyway.

Jaina Solo (and Allanah Solo) might play a lesser role.

How do I feel? Well, the EU could be left unscathed for the most part. (I'm not as familiar with Ben Skywalker's life thus far.)

I related more to a male character lead, but like hot "Angelina Jolie" type characters and would miss it if Jaina Solo wasn't on the scene and getting to do some things.

They could even throw us a curve: Luke could have an illegitimate son born before he met and married Mara Jade. Jesse might not be BEN Skywalker, but Ben might still possibly exist. It's more probable that Jesse will play Ben however.

Ben Skywalker will be the major lead in Ep. 8-9.

Luke, Han, and Leia might still be the stars of E7. Harrison Ford did want a big role if he was going to be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Latest news suggests that JJ wants the movie to focus on the Skywalker line, not the Solos, which was part of why Arndt left.

Jesse Plemmons looks to be cast as Ben Skywalker.

How do I feel? Well, the EU could be left unscathed for the most part. (I'm not as familiar with Ben Skywalker's life thus far.)

Harrison Ford did want a big role if he was going to be in it.
    These are all still rumors. JJ commented that they'd met with Plemons, but he's just one of several actors they've met with. The notion that he'd play Luke Skywalker's son is only suggested by their similar appearance – he could still be up for a completely different role, for all we know. By all means, anticipate whatever you want, but IMO it's best to keep the speculation grounded in fact, not rumor.

As to facts, shooting apparently will begin in May – the TFN link also mentions that Carrie said she, Mark, and Harrison will be working on it in a few months.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Thanks for the clarifying links, JabbaJohn.

So do you guys think it would be cool to see Princess Leia wielding a lightsaber?

Will we see her as a Jedi? (Carrie Fisher?)

I think it will be kind of strange, for my part. Luke (Mark Hamill, yes!).

But the Brian Wood (I think it's him) comic series titled just "Star Wars" has Leia flying x-wings now and it's just sort of strange.

I'm sure she knows how to pilot the ships (she can fly the Falcon and did so to help Chewie in the escape from the Death Star in ANH and flew in ESB when Han and Chewie were fixing the ship in the asteroid field of all places).

She just doesn't feel like a fighter jockey. And I'm not sure Leia ever felt like a Jedi. (She does now carry a lightsaber in the EU, but she is more a diplomat and always has been - Carrie's acting strength in SW - especially now since the bikini won't look as good on her).

I don't object to Carrie acting with a lightsaber, but if a girl with a saber is focused on, it should be her daughter Jaina.

I also think Mara Skywalker (if even alive so Ben has his mother explained) is not great to debut in her 50's for the big screen).

A Mara Jade movie for the in-between films could be cool though.

Seems they might not be doing:

Han
    Boba Fett
    Yoda
    Darth Vader

which would have been my guesses (or another Ewan McGreggor Obi-Wan film).

Not to be an arse, but, damn, Tycho, I just started Breaking Bad and am only on Season 2. I didn't expect spoilers in here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.