Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Star Wars: Black Series - 6" Series News From Toy Fair!!

Collecting the news from various sites as it's posted:

The Black Series: New packaging, more open for 6" and 3.75 has an Imperial Theme with a TIE Pilot head.

6" Figures. 2014 has Chewbacca from Episode IV, Ep II Clone Trooper, Darth Vader from Ep VI with 2 piece removable helmet and Jedi Luke with 2 shirts, open or closed shirt flap, New Sandtrooper (Black Pauldron).

6" Speeder Bike with Biker Scout from Episode VI with a stand of 3 different levels of height and adjustable stand.
    6" Jabba The Hutt with movable arms that moves the mouth. Comes with Salacious Crumb.

Jabba may be a SDCC Exclusive. But that hasn't been confirmed as of yet. I really hope that's not true.

Updates from Sir Steve via Facebook:

Re: Jabba - 6" Jabba - moving arms opens mouth, like Clone Wars Jabba figure. Bill wanted to include tongue, but team disagreed.

Re: New Packaging - Black Series - spend plenty of time and brainpower working on things line. New look with blue accents instead of orange, new more open box can do taller figures. Imperial themed card for 3 3/4" shows TIE Pilot helmet similar to Rebels Stormtrooper card.

Update: Anakin Skywalker: Revenge Of The Sith comes wth 2 different heads! Sith Eyes head!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chewbacca.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	28199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darth Vader.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	28200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clonetrooper.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	28201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Luke Jedi.jpg 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	28202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jabba.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	28203  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Speederbike.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	28204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Packaging.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	28205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sandtrooper Black.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	28206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anakin RotS.jpg 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	28207  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I really like the idea of the TIE Pilot themed packaging for the 3.75" line. I think that's definitely a first for the line. If we get a new TIE Pilot on that card, then I'm definitely buying one to keep MOC.

Anyways, 6" Darth Vader looks very impressive so far. Same with Jedi Luke.

Chewie looks really good from the neck down, but something about his face and that forehead really bothers me. I think the sculpting of the head feels too simplistic compared to the rest of the figure.

The Biker Scout with the Speederbike also seems really impressive. However, there are a few things that bother me about it slightly. Mainly the positioning of his neck. It appears that he's not going to be able to do anything but ride the Speeder Bike. Hopefully, that's not the case.

I'm surprisingly lukewarm about the 6" Jabba and the 3.75" Ree-Yees and Brock Starsher. They look very well done, but I just can't seem to be able to conjure up any excitement for them.

Pixel Dan's chat with Hasbro's Bill Rawley about today's 6" Black Series reveals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=URaklTg0r64

The way he hesitates when asked about the Dais, and then says the retail version will be just as you see it on display... Jabbb w/ Dais it's certainly going to be the SDCC Exclusive this year.

Also confirms that Chewie is indeed larger. As he's refereed to as "almost a 7" figure".

Darth Vader's cloak isn't final. The final version will have a real chain connecting each side.

He also confirms an Emperor Palpatine figure is now in the works. Good.... good!

Palpatine is planned to have two sets of hands. One normal and one with sculpted force lightning.

Soft Goods Cloak on Palpy and he'll come with his cane from Return Of The Jedi.

I wonder if there will be an exclusive version of Palpatine with his throne.

I don't really have much interest in Jabba without the throne and I'm definitely not interested enough to go through all the hassle of trying to track down the convention exclusive version.

Either way, that's good news about Vader, since the cape is probably the only thing that I had a problem with; but I've learned not to judge soft goods in the prototype stage.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I wonder if there will be an exclusive version of Palpatine with his throne.
    It didn't sound likely given the video. Oh well.

Looks like given the official press pics from Hasbro....

Wave 4: CloneTrooper, Anakin Skywalker, Chewbacca. And rumored Obi-Wan Repack.
    Wave 5: Darth Vader, Luke: Jedi Knight, Sandtrooper (Black Pauldron). And rumored Chewbacca Repack.

And judging by the list from Hasbro's Website that spoiled a bunch of figures.....

Wave 6 should Be: C-3PO, TIE Fighter Pilot, and Jawas. The Repack is uncertain.

Im not buying many of these but Luke Jedi with his vest and cloak would be nice.

You'd think w. Jabba...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've been covering the show with SirSteve (I was the one updating Facebook during the Hasbro presentation) and got to see the new 6" figures in person - they're pretty astounding. Chewie and Vader are indeed in scale. The booth was crazy busy, so I didn't get to examine them as much as I wanted, but Vader's head sculpt looks absolutely fantastic. I don't necessarily think we already need a third Luke, but he looks cool. The clone and biker scout are as great as the other armored characters have been, and Chewie looks awesome. The biker scout and Jabba are basically perfect, and great choices to expand the line, IMO. I also really like the blue accents instead of the orange, and hopefully the new look is more open and shows the figure better, which is their intent. It'll be frustrating if Jabba's accessories are exclusive to SDCC, but Jabba himself is so spectacular that I'm not too bothered.

If you've seen them in person, can you tell how Vader's mask would fit? I'm a bit concerned that he's only been shown unmasked, as if they're maybe trying to conceal an issue with how well it fits.

If the mask works, and the line makes it this far, and he's not a Boba Fett shortpack, Vader would be the first I'd actually get.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If you've seen them in person, can you tell how Vader's mask would fit? I'm a bit concerned that he's only been shown unmasked, as if they're maybe trying to conceal an issue with how well it fits.

If the mask works, and the line makes it this far, and he's not a Boba Fett shortpack, Vader would be the first I'd actually get.
    I'm sure that's not the case. He was just displayed without his mask to show the face sculpt. It's a two piece helmet, like on the recent basic figures. Unfortunately we didn't get to see it with the mask on, though - I should've asked but the Hasbro SW showroom was a complete madhouse, especially the Black Series section, and they only brought the speeder bike out of the case for photos. Also, these are of course just prototypes (Vader will have a chain, for instance) so maybe they weren't ready to show it yet. Even if I doesn't work well, since this is a ROTJ Vader, I bet they'll release other versions with non-removable helmets as well.