As always, Hasbro will be at conventions and events this year, and at some of them we're hoping to get one-on-one interview time. It's not guaranteed that we'll get any interview time, so unused questions will be saved for future events.
Next up is New York Comic Con, October 8–11.
Voting is not needed as the questions will be chosen on an editorial basis, but feel free to voice support or suggest changes to existing questions.
Also, keep in mind that we'll be asking these in person, so please keep questions respectful and reasonable.
Check out recent Q&A sessions:
- San Diego Comic-Con, July 2015: Jeff Labovitz
- Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, April 2015: Joe Ninivaggi
- New York Toy Fair, February 2015: Jeff Labovitz
- New York Comic Con, October 2014: Joe Ninivaggi
- San Diego Comic Con, July 2014: Jeff Labovitz
- San Diego Comic Con, July 2014: Bill Rawley
- New York Toy Fair, February 2014: Derryl DePriest and Jeff Labovitz
Go ahead and voice support for these questions, and suggest your own:
- We've repeatedly heard from Hasbro that kids are their primary customers and that demographic vastly outspends the adult toy collectors. But how do you know that for sure? If a person walks into store and buys a Star Wars figure, then how do you know if that person is a child or an adult collector or an adult buying a toy for a child? How could you even tell if the person buying the toy is male or female? We understand that you probably can't give out specifics, but do you have reliable methods for determining what age groups are buying the majority of your product?
- We understand that you guys like to play things a little close to the vest when it comes to what new toys are coming out and you obviously weren't really allowed to publicly reveal anything about the upcoming TFA lineup of toys at Toy Fair and SDCC; but what's the point of that? In this day and age, it's nearly impossible to keep stuff like this a secret and you had to know that information about the new toys would be leaked on the internet in the weeks leading up to Force Friday. So why even bother trying to keep it a secret? Especially when you have no control over the information when it's leaked over the internet. Even if you revealed information about Ep7 toys before you really wanted to, at least you would be in control of how the information got out there. Unlike now, where it seems that you are having all of your thunder stolen right out from under you.
- What is it about the Armor Up figures that makes them nearly double the price of the standard Build-a-Weapon figures? Both lines include one basic figure with a large accessory and, if you compare them, the build-a-weapon parts are about the same size as the Armor Up armor pieces. So what justification was there for such a dramatic increase in price for the armored figures? We know you don't set the final retail prices, but Hasbro still has to set a suggested retail pricepoint.
- Single-packed, super-articulated Black Series figures are now exclusive to Walmart. But will we be seeing these kinds of figures in any other format? Perhaps in more exclusive sets, like the Jabba's Rancor Pit from Toys R Us? Is there any chance they'll return to other retailers?
- Will the Walmart exclusive Black Series line be pretty much sticking with main characters? How far will the selection go when compared to the basic 5POA figures or 6" Black Series?
- We haven't seen any shiny vac-metal figures in a few years. Is there a manufacturing-related reason this process has been abandoned? Could we still see a Captain Phasma using this method? Is this why a 6" Black Series C-3PO still hasn't been released?
- Even though the main focus is currently on The Force Awakens, Rebels just got a Y-wing Scout Bomber repaint. Will any newly sculpted Rebels vehicles be coming out? Perhaps a blue Phoenix Squadron A-wing, or a red B-wing?
- You've said that more of the first Force Awakens wave will be shipping. Will they be produced on the same cards and with the same weapons? I know Kylo Ren and the Stormtrooper are coming back in wave 2 with different art and accessories.
- This year's packaging artwork from Pilot Studios is phenomenal. Is there any chance you guys could work together to sell posters or prints of this work?
- Will we be seeing any beasts from The Force Awakens, like the luggabeast or happabore, in the 3 3/4" line?
- What sort of plans do you have for Micro Machines in the coming year?
- Early lists showed Micro Machines figure packs, but these haven't been revealed. Are they still coming?
- The Micro Machines vehicles include the classic stand holes but don't come with stands. Will Hasbro be making stands available in some other fashion down the road? Are the holes just there so they can interact with playsets?
- Rumors stated that there would be a few more street dates for Force Awakens products this year, sort of like extra Force Fridays. Is that true? Is anything else specifically timed for release, with either a hard or soft street date?
- Will Titanium Series vehicles see any more four-packs, or even any larger sets?
- Will any older Titanium Series molds be revised, or just repacked? Are any older ships off-limits, such as Legends?