Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1

    3 3/4" Black Series wave 8: Mosep, Boushh Leia, Carbonite Han, Jawas, Thorn

    JediTempleArchives is reporting the case assortments as such:

    SW EP5 DARTH VADER DAGOBAH TEST X1
    SW EPIV CHEWBACCA X1
    SW EPV C3PO FIGURE X1
    SW EPVI PRINCESS LEIA X1
    SW EPIV MOSEP BINNEED X1
    SW CW COMMANDER THORN X2
    SW CW CAPTAIN REX X1
    SW EPIV JON DUTCH VANDER X1
    SW EPV HAN SOLO X1
    SW JAWAS X1
    SW CW CLONE COMMANDER DOOM X1

    This wave was first shown at NYCC in October.

    I posted a thread for wave 7 and go into detail there about the missing Yavin Leia, who was also planned as a carry-forward in this wave before getting, ahem, unceremoniously dumped.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    What does Lucasfilm consider canon? Check the list!
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

  2. #2
    Interested in Leia, Mosep and Jawas. What's the Ep V Han Solo?


    Also, anyone happen to know a good source for older stuff before I pay big on ebay? There's a few OT gaps in the collection I'd like to fill, many of them no doubt US toystore exclusives:

    Ewok Catapult set
    Battle of Yavin Pilot set
    Both Battle of Endor Pilot sets
    Both Imperial Scanning crew sets
    Big ESB Slave I
    New Speeder Bike (with correct handle-bars, display stand etc)
    Grey outfit Ugnaught

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    What's the Ep V Han Solo?
    I'd guess the jacket with sleeves and tan pants version.
    "I went to Star Wars Celebration VII in Anaheim, and I didn't get even a lousy t-shirt."

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I'd guess the jacket with sleeves and tan pants version.
    He's got tan pants, but no jacket; it's the carbonite version, as stated in the title of this thread. There's currently a Bespin Han in the Saga Legends line, though.

    Devo, you're right—most of those were store exclusives. The Ewok Catapult and Imperial Scanning Crew were Kmart exclusives; the Yavin pilot set, Endor pilot sets, and Speeder Bike were TRU exclusives; and the Slave I was an Amazon exclusive. The first Ugnaught (with the apron) was released in the mid-2009 blue card Legacy Collection ESB wave, and the intent was to have the second one (with the gray outfit) cycle in as a running change, but that figure was pushed out to the late 2009 red card Legacy Collection ROTJ wave.

    Stateside, some people have been finding the Slave I lately at TRU Express stores in malls. Brian's Toys has the Yavin Pilot Pack for $69.99, but neither they nor BigBadToyStore seem to have anything else. DorkSideToys pretty much focuses on new and recent stuff as well. You could post your list in the buy/sell/trade section here or on other forums, but eBay (or random toy shows) might end up being your best bet.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    What does Lucasfilm consider canon? Check the list!
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

  5. #5
    Amazon.com has the catapult, scanning crews and Yavin pilots sets for reasonable prices. You can get the catapult and scanning crew sets as a bundle for under $60.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    He's got tan pants, but no jacket; it's the carbonite version, as stated in the title of this thread. There's currently a Bespin Han in the Saga Legends line, though.

    Devo, you're right—most of those were store exclusives. The Ewok Catapult and Imperial Scanning Crew were Kmart exclusives; the Yavin pilot set, Endor pilot sets, and Speeder Bike were TRU exclusives; and the Slave I was an Amazon exclusive. The first Ugnaught (with the apron) was released in the mid-2009 blue card Legacy Collection ESB wave, and the intent was to have the second one (with the gray outfit) cycle in as a running change, but that figure was pushed out to the late 2009 red card Legacy Collection ROTJ wave.

    Stateside, some people have been finding the Slave I lately at TRU Express stores in malls. Brian's Toys has the Yavin Pilot Pack for $69.99, but neither they nor BigBadToyStore seem to have anything else. DorkSideToys pretty much focuses on new and recent stuff as well. You could post your list in the buy/sell/trade section here or on other forums, but eBay (or random toy shows) might end up being your best bet.
    Sure enough it was right in the thread title, managed to miss that : And now that I think of it I do remember the pics of him (Carbonite Han). Might get him too I suppose.

    Quote Originally Posted by jpins View Post
    Amazon.com has the catapult, scanning crews and Yavin pilots sets for reasonable prices. You can get the catapult and scanning crew sets as a bundle for under $60.
    Thanks to you both for the help. Any direct link to that bundle? I can only seem to find individual listings for the catapult and scanning crew sets.

  7. #7
    Many of these were carded on display at Celebration, and StarWars-Figuren posted official carded shots of this wave.

    So C-3PO is definitely the 2010 TVC version, which has become quite rare and valuable, so it's a good choice for a repack. I doubt they changed the size of that diminutive figure, but we'll see.

    Speaking of size changes, the Jawas seem to be a little more proportionate than they did at NYCC, so hopefully they're not too ginormous.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    What does Lucasfilm consider canon? Check the list!
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

  8. #8
    2010 Threepio is rare? Huh.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    2010 Threepio is rare? Huh.
    Check out his recently completed eBay listings. He's going for around $30 loose and $40-$80 carded. I didn't see that one coming, either.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    What does Lucasfilm consider canon? Check the list!
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

  10. #10
    Any idea what the expected street date is for this wave? I can't remember the last time I was able to find a figure I actually wanted on the pegs, but it helps to know when to start looking....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO