Mysterious super articulated 3 3/4" six-pack!

Earlier today, Entertainment Earth put up a listing for a 3 3/4" figure six-pack. They will be super-articulated and fit in with TVC and TBS! The figures will be revealed this week online and at SDCC, and will be in a new kind of display box.

This set was developed by Adam Pawlus of Galactic Hunter fame, and he has been leaving hints around the interwebs.

Star Wars Mystery 3 3/4-Inch Figures - EE Exclusive:

Six awesome new 3 3/4-inch scale action figures, with five characters making their toy debut!
    Figures include cool accessories and have the articulation you've come to love from The Vintage Collection and The Black Series.
    Exclusive boxed set features a brand-new never-before-seen display box!
    Stay tuned for the full reveal!

Entertainment Earth Exclusive! From Tatooine to Coruscant, this exclusive is about to land on Earth! Details regarding this amazing item are yet to come, but you need to pre-order yours right now. The boxed set features a gorgeous display box unlike anything Hasbro has ever done before, and it brings you six 3 3/4-inch scale action figures making their movie-style figure debut. Five of these figures have never been made as toys! The characters date back as far as the original Star Wars movie and span the saga's rich history, bringing home a diverse range of interesting dudes. These plastic pals will be revealed in full by Hasbro at Comic-Con International in San Diego this week, and we know they will make all the diodes down your left side tingle!
    From various postings and comments, we know that:
    • There will be a unifying theme
    • The sandcrawler imagery doesn't mean they're sandcrawler-based
    • Five of the figures have never been made as toys
    • The sixth figure was previously made in the animated style
    • Figures will come from across the saga, but it does NOT include characters from:
    The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars Rebels
    Rogue One
    The Force Awakens
    • It will include items from at least the OT and TCW, possibly Adam's favorite episode
    • Figures that are NOT in the set include:
    —Cliegg Lars (dang it!)
    —Admiral Trench
    —Ziro the Hutt
    —Pong Krell
    —Saw Gerrera
    —Meebur Gascon
    —Gonk Droid (Lars Homestead)
    —The Tonnika Sisters
    • They are not main character debuts
    • Two figures will fit into existing dioramas/displays
    • One figure will "look pretty good in a vehicle"
    • One figure will not be named (think "Rancor Keeper") and is very obscure

I'd lean towards thinking this will be a droid-themed set.

I believe his favorite TCW episode is "Evil Plans" or "Hunt for Ziro," though I could be wrong.

Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter from TCW was the only such ship that did not have a dedicated droid figure made, so I'd wager that R6-H5 is a strong possibility. (His EU droid R4-H5 was made, though.)

The obscure character had to be pointed out to him. I'd love it if this set included Jabba's bartender droid (who I believe would also qualify for the unnamed character).
    Got a question for Hasbro? Ask it here!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

It's just a bunch of astromechs. What a lame set for so much build up.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    It's just a bunch of astromechs. What a lame set for so much build up.
    Just described the entirety of Hasbro's 2016 lineup.

The amount of recycled Astromechs this year is shockingly lazy, even Sideshow has a $120 "prototype" R2-D2 that's silver and black from nowheresville.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I like the set, but yeah, the build-up was much more interesting than the reveal. Disney parks has provided over 50 unique astromechs since 2012, so I wonder if this was the best use of resources. But, they're mostly figures I'll be glad to own, and I'd rather have this than another generic set of 6" Imperials.

I appreciate that they're still making TCW characters, but having them be split between realistic and animated is a little annoying for display purposes. But, with R7-D4, now every astro droid that has been made as an animated-style figure has also been made in the realistic style (mostly thanks to the Disney droids, who brought Ahsoka's R7-A7, Mace's R8-B7, and R3-S6 "Goldie").

• R2-A5 - This is one of the droids that passes in front of Luke's landspeeder, along with R5-A2, who was made as a Legacy Collection build-a-droid in 2010. R2-A5 was replaced in the Special Edition by the ronto that passes in front of the camera. This is a figure I've wanted for a while.
    • Jabba's Bartender - I don't know if I would have noticed this if not for bigbarada's skiff guards site. An obscure Jabba-themed figure? Yes please. I also dig the mostly-white astro droid look.
    • R2-C2 - Another cool bartender droid. Still no Ziro to go with him, but at least it's something. I'm glad this set includes one of the wackier TCW designs.
    • R7-F5 - I just watched this episode and he made no real impression. He's made to fit into the TCW Y-wing Bomber and is referred to as R2-Y9 in a reference book. He goes with Clone Trooper Tag, who does not have a figure.
    • QT-KT - I'm glad they've finally made a D-Squad figure!
    • R7-D4 - I would have preferred Kit Fisto's droid here, but this does bring all the previously made TCW droids into the realistic style.
    Got a question for Hasbro? Ask it here!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

I know they don't need my money, but I don't understand why they can't do one exclusive set a year with five cantina aliens, five Jabba's palace aliens, or some other play to the OT crowd. They could do a set of the last few Kenner figures to be redone. Or the cantina aliens in their Kenner figure outfits. It doesn't have to be just whatever I want, but it's like they literally don't want long time collectors to stay involved. It's fine, but I haven't bought a figure this year, and probably won't.