Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Rumor List

2014 Rumor List

Jedi News posted a rumor list for several lines. It includes figures that have already been revealed and looks to be from an official Hasbro document. I've put the newly listed items in bold.

The Black Series 3.75" Range

#20 Ep3 Darth Vader (Star Destroyer)
    #21 Ep5 Luke Jedi Training (Dagobah)
    #22 Ep5 Yoda Yedi Training (Dagobah)
    #23 Ep5 Toryn Farr (Hoth)
    #24 Ep5 Snowtrooper Commander (Hoth)
    #25 Ep5 Wedge (Snowtrooper) (new head/helmet)
    R5 Droid
    Ep6 Sgt. Doallyn
    Ep6 Ree Yees
    Ep5 Hoth Luke "Wampa Attack" (new head)
    Ep5 Hoth Han Solo's "Search For Luke"
    Ep5 Darth Vader "Yoda's Test" (new head)

The Black Series 6" Range

#09 Ep4 Stormtrooper
    #10 Ep3 Obi-Wan Kenobi
    #11 Ep5 Luke Bespin
    #12 Ep3 Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)
    #13 Ep4 Chewbacca
    EpII Clone Trooper
    Ep6 Darth Vader
    Ep6 Luke Jedi

Saga Legends

15 Ep1 Darth Maul
    16 Ep5 Snowtrooper (Hoth)

Mission Series Figures

01 Zeb & Stromtrooper
    02 Rebels C-3PO & R2-D2

03 EpV Darth Vader & Luke Skywalker (Bespin) Refresh
    04 EpII Yoda & Darth Sidious (Refresh)
    05 EpV Boba Fett & Stormtrooper

Sgt. Doallyn would be awesome, but I'd prefer Brock Starsher first (the white-suited guy from the skiff battle with the same helmet) since Bane Malar scratches many of the Doallyn itches. But updates to Hoth Luke and Han to include alternate heads from their recent figures would be great Luke needs the scarf, and Han needs to have his hood up when riding the Tauntaun.

The next 6" figures sound great as well, with two potentially huge figures coming via Vader and Chewie.

Hopefully the Mission Series Boba and Stormtrooper is just a repack of the Saga Legends figures since those are proving difficult to find (for now, anyway).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

There's some wants there for me.

Toryn Farr
    Snowtrooper commander
    Doallyn
    Ree Yees
    The R5 droid (if its OT and I don't already have it)

I really don't feel any excitement for core character figures these days. If I saw them, maybe I'd buy but my anticipation for them is zero.

Kinda think the POTF2 Yak Face is a little bit more in need of an update than POTF2 Ree Yees but I'll still take the Ree man. I'm sure he will look much better.

As regards Doallyn, I didn't realise the white-garbed guy on the skiff had been given a different name? So Doallyn is now just the guy who Chewie shoves back down the steps at Jabba's palace?

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    There's some wants there for me.

Toryn Farr
    Snowtrooper commander
    Doallyn
    Ree Yees
    The R5 droid (if its OT and I don't already have it)

I really don't feel any excitement for core character figures these days. If I saw them, maybe I'd buy but my anticipation for them is zero.

Kinda think the POTF2 Yak Face is a little bit more in need of an update than POTF2 Ree Yees but I'll still take the Ree man. I'm sure he will look much better.

As regards Doallyn, I didn't realise the white-garbed guy on the skiff had been given a different name? So Doallyn is now just the guy who Chewie shoves back down the steps at Jabba's palace?
    It's possible that the R5 is R5-X2, Jabba's droid from the pod race, who was supposed to be one of the build-a-droids in the cancelled Legacy Collection.

Saelt-Marae is indeed showing his age these days. I remember Hasbro being displeased with the 1998 Ree-Yees when I mentioned the Disney set to them a few years ago (the one that repacked him with the three-eyed camera) at Celebration V, so I'm not surprised they're revisiting him. (Derryl also mentioned Dagobah Vader at the same time, so I guess they've been planning these for a while now.)

And yes, Brock Starsher was named in Star Wars Insider last year. The EU states that Doallyn lives past the events of ROTJ, meaning he couldn't be the white-suited guy at the Sarlacc pit. So yes, Doallyn is the guy who gets thrown down the stairs.

In that case like you I'd prefer to get Brock Starsher to help complete those tiny skiffs. I like that he's a very different look to the usual Niktos, klaatus and Weequays. A larger skiff and Jabba's barge would be the only vehicles I would buy at this point. Oh and the echo base troop carrier.

I'm all for a new Wedge but only if we get his snow speeder too.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    I'm all for a new Wedge but only if we get his snow speeder too.
    Wedge was revealed along with the rest of his wave at New York Comic Con, and there seemed to be a heavy ESB presence that's continued by this list. Judging on the recent simultaneous Biggs and X-wing, the release of Wedge not to mention the rumors of a Dack Ralter re-release (I didn't think it needed a repack, but he's expensive on eBay) could indicate that there's a Snowspeeder on the way. If so, presumably it'll be a repaint of the 2010 vehicle with more orange highlights, which I would welcome very much, and my guess is it'd be a TRU or Amazon exclusive.

The word on the street is that the 2014 Black Series 3 3/4" line is Hasbro's way of clearing out their long-fabled "parking lot" of unmade figures before the new entertainment starts with Rebels and Episode VII. While that should mean a good number of collector-focused characters are on their way, I hope it doesn't mean an end to those types of figures, or figures from the existing Star Wars media. With a new TV show (and I'm sure more to come), a new trilogy, and spinoff films, in addition to how the new Saga Legends, Mission Series, and 6" Black Series are all main characters, I don't know how much time they'll have to get to these types of figures in the future, or even if they want to . . . Oy, now I'm depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Wedge was revealed along with the rest of his wave at New York Comic Con, and there seemed to be a heavy ESB presence that's continued by this list. Judging on the recent simultaneous Biggs and X-wing, the release of Wedge – not to mention the rumors of a Dack Ralter re-release (I didn't think it needed a repack, but he's expensive on eBay) – could indicate that there's a Snowspeeder on the way. If so, presumably it'll be a repaint of the 2010 vehicle with more orange highlights, which I would welcome very much, and my guess is it'd be a TRU or Amazon exclusive.

The word on the street is that the 2014 Black Series 3 3/4" line is Hasbro's way of clearing out their long-fabled "parking lot" of unmade figures before the new entertainment starts with Rebels and Episode VII. While that should mean a good number of collector-focused characters are on their way, I hope it doesn't mean an end to those types of figures, or figures from the existing Star Wars media. With a new TV show (and I'm sure more to come), a new trilogy, and spinoff films, in addition to how the new Saga Legends, Mission Series, and 6" Black Series are all main characters, I don't know how much time they'll have to get to these types of figures in the future, or even if they want to . . . Oy, now I'm depressed.
    I missed the reveal and confirmation of Wedge somewhere, and I have no idea how. I've been uncommonly busy in the last six months so I shouldn't be surprised.

I've said (rather quietly) since the last Snowspeeder release that I'd gladly buy a Hoth Wedge and his speeder if it was offered. Maybe Hasbro finally heard my pleas. I'd even go as far as searching every TRU and pre-ordering from Amazon if this is truly the case.

Good to see that the SL Stormtrooper is getting a rerelease in the Mission Series line.

I thought that there was a rumor of a TIE Fighter Pilot for the 6" line.

I think I'm nterested in the following:

Torynn Farr
    Snowtrooper Cmdr
    Sgt Doalynn
    Ree-Yees
    Wedge
    R5 Droid
    6" Stormtrooper

The rest are all wait and see. I also can't get very excited about the core characters anymore.

I'm hoping 6" Chewie and Vader are true, definitely looking forward to seeing them on display at Toy Fair if they truly are coming soon.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"