Hybrid View

Thumbs up The Lego Movie (in the LEGO section)

Hilarious! I recommend that all Lego fans see it. Why? I'll not spolierize (aside from the comments in light gray font below)... yet!

SPOILERS:

SW characters appear; and some of them are the actual movie actors' voices!
    Batman's brooding is pretty funny.
    the 1980s-era space man character is great (you see the actual space sets, plus the crack in his helmet strap and the faded ship logo on his chest).
    Live action actors towards the end.

A great, funny film. For both adults and kids.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I didn't think I'd enjoy it from the trailers but ended up enjoying it a lot!

I loved it, my sister liked it, my 16-year-old niece fell asleep during it. It was a little obvious in its narrative, but still enjoyable and cleverly put together (ha). I still have a huge issue with it though...

WHY CAN'T THE DAD HAVE HIS LEGO WORLD??? The kid is given his own LEGO, why is he so intent in ruining what the dad did with the krazy glue? Why does the narrative discount the dad's enjoyment of the brand in favor of the kid's? Yeah, it meant sharing which has a positive message, but it seemed like there was no balance allowed there, and that struck me as odd. Luckily the rest covered up that little aspect.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Fantastic movie, never saw the twist coming at the end but thought it was the perfect way to have it end.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

WHY CAN'T THE DAD HAVE HIS LEGO WORLD??? The kid is given his own LEGO, why is he so intent in ruining what the dad did with the krazy glue? Why does the narrative discount the dad's enjoyment of the brand in favor of the kid's? Yeah, it meant sharing which has a positive message, but it seemed like there was no balance allowed there, and that struck me as odd. Luckily the rest covered up that little aspect.
    I hadn't considered that; interesting point. But I think the all-or-nothing aspect was the problem. Lego is about creativity.

p.s. When will there be a Will Farrell (or any of the other voices) Lego character for purchase?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega