Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Disney is trying to control the message, but ultimately the TBS line isn't about building message, it's about sating existing fans, and in that respect there's absolutely no reason not to give the consumer what he or she wants. There's a Darth Plagueis figure on the market now (allegedly), it's hotly demanded by those in the know, why would that be off-limits? What possible damage to the message could that serve? It's showing that Disney doesn't yet understand the pre-existing market that they inherited when they brought the brand.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Disney is trying to control the message, but ultimately the TBS line isn't about building message, it's about sating existing fans, and in that respect there's absolutely no reason not to give the consumer what he or she wants. There's a Darth Plagueis figure on the market now (allegedly), it's hotly demanded by those in the know, why would that be off-limits? What possible damage to the message could that serve? It's showing that Disney doesn't yet understand the pre-existing market that they inherited when they brought the brand.
    It's not Disney. It's Lucasfilm. Disney pretty much lets both Marvel and Lucasfilm run independently.

That's how it's been ever since Disney bought Marvel. They don't dictate things if they're profitable.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The bottom line, whatever Disney/LFL says is canon, everyone has the freedom to decide for themselves what they consider canon. Disney says Mara Jade never existed? Come to my house, burn my books, chop up my toys, and convince me of that.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The bottom line, whatever Disney/LFL says is canon, everyone has the freedom to decide for themselves what they consider canon. Disney says Mara Jade never existed? Come to my house, burn my books, chop up my toys, and convince me of that.
    She's a fictional character. So technically she never did exist. But regardless she was never official canon.

The thing about that statement from JTA is that it's not a direct quote from Hasbro. It's actually JTA's overdramatic interpretation of what Hasbro said regarding the EU. I would like to know exactly what Hasbro said, because JTA might be reading stuff into Hasbro's statement that's not intended to be there.

I'm not saying this because I want EU figures, but when we start getting EU figures again in a few years, then someone's going to gripe about how Hasbro was lying about EU being off-limits, when that might not be the case at all.

So, maybe someone who gets a chance to interview Hasbro in the future can ask for a clarification on this.

She's not real?

Then who the hell's been sending me cease-and-desist letters all these years?

Just saying, if DC says Flashpoint destroys the previous DCU, my comic books say otherwise.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I thought I posted about this.

I'll come back to it later.

My rant might have been in various other threads or on another site.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Oh - I think I made my statements on this site in a news post. I think.

Some figures that we "ought to get" that we may never see will now include Zayne Carrick and Nomi Sunrider, Anakin Solo, Jaina and Jacen in other wardrobe changes (Darth Caedus, a tan jumpsuit Jaina, or black Jedi robes one - as X=wing Pilot Jaina is easily enough customed).

I also see some prequel characters like Tey How and Cliegg Lars, not to mention a lot of MAIN CHARACTER (sort of) Padme outfits still not made.

This is fairly disappointing.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    The thing about that statement from JTA is that it's not a direct quote from Hasbro. It's actually JTA's overdramatic interpretation of what Hasbro said regarding the EU. I would like to know exactly what Hasbro said, because JTA might be reading stuff into Hasbro's statement that's not intended to be there.

I'm not saying this because I want EU figures, but when we start getting EU figures again in a few years, then someone's going to gripe about how Hasbro was lying about EU being off-limits, when that might not be the case at all.

So, maybe someone who gets a chance to interview Hasbro in the future can ask for a clarification on this.
    The Q&A answer isn't presented with JTA's over-dramatic interpretation. So take that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

I agree. That's why I like to present the interviews as they were conducted without hyperbolic, the-sky-is-falling statements, so Hasbro can speak for themselves and we can have a record of what was said.

This whole situation seems similar to how Lucasfilm declared the 2003-2005 Clone Wars microseries to be off-limits so as to focus on the 2008-2014 CGI series – but even then, we had an entire send-off wave of great figures dedicated to the microseries at the launch of the TV series in 2008. The truth of the matter is, a lot of fans don't follow these things anywhere near as closely as we do, and having figures of Luke's wife and Han and Leia's kids is only going to confuse the issue when those exact characters don't show up in the new films (even though "Luke's wife" is currently in stores).

I'm lucky in that the only EU figure I still need is Bastila Shan, and she's being re-released in The Black Series this year.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram