Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hasbro SW Rebels products, FINALLY!

Last week I picked up the Phantom attack shuttle with Kanan at Target for $23.74 on sale, and today I picked up Saga Legends Chopper, Ezra, Kallus, and Inquisitor at TRU for Buy One Get One 40% Off.

The Phantom I've already said nice things about in the Vehicles thread, but the bottom line is that it's fun, it has some good features, it makes a nice little Imperial Shuttle which it's clearly inspired by, and I'll add that it fits Ezra and Chopper in the back easily, although Chopper indeed doesn't fit in the gap between the seat and bulkhead, so I dunno what that's about.

The style on the figures is pretty cartoony, you could have Kallus in with the movie figures pretty easily but the others are much more cartoon figures. All the figures have datestamps on the back of their thigh, heroes in black and villains in white; Chopper's is on the inside of his foot.

Kanan Jarrus - my Kanan figure is the Phantom pack-in version, it's the same as the regular version except his paint is a touch sloppier than the main line version. Kanan comes with his signature lightsaber.

pros:
    - show-accurate
    - nice sculpting, including non-removable blaster in holster
    - accurate lightsaber accessory

cons:
    - armor limits head movement to the right
    - wrist and ankle sculpted poses are a bit further angled than I'd like

Overall: pretty good as a Kanan Jarrus Saga Legends figure, no gun or more articulation but that's what you get with this line.

Ezra Bridger - Ezra comes with the Imperial helmet he is seen using in the first episode. Mine has his right eyebrow painted askew from the sculpting underneath, it works pretty well though, he looks intense.

pros:
    - show-accurate overall
    - nice sculpting, including shaggy hair (a separate piece!) and facial likeness
    - good scale to Kanan
    - pretty detailed paint including logo on jacket.

cons:
    - missing small yellow epaulets
    - helmet gets stretched a little when he wears it

Overall: good execution for what it is, a solid likeness in every way. Would have been nice to get his backpack or his upcoming lightsaber or another accessory but that's Saga Legends for ya.

Chopper - he comes with nothing at all. Mine has the left "eye", the one that's a hole in a yellow panel, painted way off-center and the sculpt itself also seems off-center as well.

pros:
    - fairly accurate in design and scale
    - good sculpt, a few insert parts to help carry it further
    - head turns, hips move
    - sturdy

cons:
    - no arms from the head or body or center leg gimmicks, this could have been an easy plug-in accessory
    - paint is a bit simple, paint mask only includes the rear half head side slits, lacks weathering too
    - doesn't match value of other figures

Overall: I'm torn, I love the character so I like having this toy which is somewhat accurate, but the figure isn't meeting its price vs. value battle even close.

Agent Kallus - he comes with his bladed blaster, which has a sideways handle up by the front as well as a normal handle, odd because he can't use both at the same time, he doesn't have the articulation for it. His hand can stretch around the stock to wield it as a melee weapon.

pros:
    - nice paint
    - nifty bladed blaster
    - likeness is realistic enough to pass as a movie Imperial figure
    - intense expression

cons:
    - helmet isn't removable
    - not quite as tall as he should be
    - doesn't hold the blaster as well as he could because stock gets in the way
    - eyebrows sculpted but not painted
    - likeness isn't quite right, it's mostly hidden behind the mutton-chop-shields but the small-painted eyes and more detailed nose and mouth suggest a realistic rather than animated design

Overall: while there are more knocks than expected, overall this figure is pretty decent and I wouldn't be surprised to find him popular and scarce on pegs.

The Inquisitor - he comes with his lit double-bladed lightsaber, it has the full circle design but cannot spin.

pros:
    - show-accurate
    - height is pretty good, a touch taller than Kanan although eyes are slightly lower
    - good, detailed sculpting including a neutral yet menacing expression
    - nice paint and use of colors, especially the eyes
    - saber looks really good in matte black with its red blades

cons:
    - the head's pau'an line sculpting is so fine it doesn't really come through that well, and doesn't have any paint to bring them out
    - tampographed red line design on forehead off-center on mine, right shoulder Imp logo too but not as bad
    - character's slim build leads to small hands
    - collar limits head movement to around 30 degrees.
    - saber doesn't spin (I know that's asking a lot, but this figure is so cool it should get it)

Overall: yeah, I really like this one, this is a figure so cool it demands attention. Very strong figure.

I didn't get the Stormtrooper as that figure is going to be packed in with Zeb, Sabine, and Hera.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw the Stormtrooper/Zeb one, plus a TRU exclusive (ugh) Kanan/Ezra/secret figure at TRU yesterday. No vehicles, a few giant figures in 4-packs, too many battle packs (or whatever the tiny Green Army Men-type sets are) and play accessories (sabers, guns, masks), and no new waves of 6" figs. It looked like I might want to buy something, then...
    "That's what Sheev said."

I picked up The Inquisitor, but have yet to open him from his blister, in the sun (darn big hands). No vehicles seen in stores yet.

Keep checking, I'm seeing more figure+vehicle sets at Target lately at least, and they're the only place I ever see vehicles.

I found a mountain of Mission Series Zeb + Stormtrooper, and every one had paint issues on Zeb unfortunately, so I bought the best of the lot which completes my wave 1 figure purchases.

Zeb's likeness and size are pretty decent, the expression on his face doesn't really remind me of the character who is usually mouthy and grinning instead of grimly determined. His weapon is alright but it doesn't convert to the mode he uses it most in. He doesn't fit in the cockpit of the Phantom, he's too broad.

The Stormtrooper is very cartoonish in design, it's almost offputting but does squeak by. Pretty standard stuff here, he might fit in with Clone Wars but you'll never mistake him for a movie product. His lower leg fits in Zeb's hand which is awesome though.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I used my TRU 15% off coupon on Zeb/Stormtrooper today. Out of 8 sets, only 1 Zeb had paint apps that I felt were acceptable.

Oh Hasbro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    No vehicles seen in stores yet.
    Now I have seen the Phantom with Kallus and the TIE with Inquisitor sold separately. No sales on them today, but I were to buy one, it'd be the one with a fig.

So far the only Hasbro Rebels merchandise I've seen around here has been a lone Zeb/Stormtrooper 2-pack at Target and the roleplay stuff. Jakks' 18" and 30" offerings are plentiful at Walmart, but no sign that Hasbro will be getting in there anytime soon.

If I strain I can kinda understand not having merchandise ready on the shelves for the show's debut, but how did Hasbro fail to capitalize on Christmas with a brand new Star Wars show? You would think every store would have one of those 4-sided displays with Rebels stuff pouring off of it. Heck, given all the Kenner retro going on with the show, they could've done an Early Bird kit. Provide a cardboard diorama of the Ghost cockpit then the figure set could have Hera, Zeb, Chopper and an exclusive extending-lightsaber Kanan.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I've finally started seeing the basic figures on pegs and got a few for my birthday on Monday. The Inquisitor and Chopper are the only two that I don't have, and I'm expecting them to be the more popular characters.

The others are all very good. If I have to knock one, it would be Agent Kallus for the unpainted eyebrows and nonremovable helmet, but the figure itself looks cool and is very much like a classic Imperial design.

I really love the stormtrooper figure! Something about is just a lot of fun; maybe it's the big oversized helmet.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I actually found the first wave of Rebels 2-packs being stocked at a Walmart, though of course it's 20 mins away. Not exactly the most convenient drive. It's sad to see them crammed into a tiny space with BS 6" Obi-Wans on one side of'em, the tiny army dude-ish battle sets on the other, and the Ric Olie & Mawhonic 3D figures above.

I keep thinking that there needs to be a blog or something for people to submit pictures of the 3D and/or TPM Vintage figures still hanging around in attempt to shame Hasbro into having reps pull them all.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"