Digital Release Commemorative Collection

Andrew's Toyz posted some photos on Facebook that show six new sets made up of Saga Legends and Mission Series repacks. The sets themselves are largely unremarkable—Darth Maul appears to be the late 2013 international release that was promised for American release but seemingly shelved, and Padmé is the 2012 Movie Heroes figure—but this is more semi-official confirmation that the six current films will be released on digital platforms this year. The packaging is also interesting, as it reminds me more of the mailer boxes that they send out mailaway figures in rather than anything that's appeared in a store. So it'll be interesting to see how these get released—online, as a set of six, or something else entirely? I'm sure we'll find out more this week at Toy Fair.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    What does Lucasfilm consider canon? Check the list!
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

You have to stream them from Netflix and can't actually add them to your collection.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No, they are apps you download. And they all link you to the "Angry Birds: Please Buy Our Star Wars Merch" game.
    "I went to Star Wars Celebration VII in Anaheim, and I didn't get even a lousy t-shirt."

Who are these for? These are collector unfriendly, but kids aren't going to give a fart about this release.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    ... but kids aren't going to give a fart about this release.
    Unless it's a Kaadu with Jar-Jar set, with "action features."
    "I went to Star Wars Celebration VII in Anaheim, and I didn't get even a lousy t-shirt."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Unless it's a Kaadu with Jar-Jar set, with "action features."
    Oh, please, please let this be the case.

And put in some icky icky goo that Jar Jar can step in!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

As if a toy company would ever do that.

Sincerely,
    - Jabba Glob

Which was not only completely inappropriate to the character, who never squirts slime in the movies, but was the only ROTJ-posed Jabba for far too long.
    Tommy, close your eyes.