Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I thought the episode was strong and really felt for Halley and Newton by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I thought the episode was strong and really felt for Halley and Newton by the end.
    Did the Cosmos portrayal of Robert Hooke give anyone else a Danny Devito Penguin vibe?
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Did the Cosmos portrayal of Robert Hooke give anyone else a Danny Devito Penguin vibe?
    Now that you say it, I did; just couldn't recall the person/character at that time!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

This one got a little more metaphysical than it had been before. Definitely a 2001 movie vibe to me. Really liked the animation storyline (was that Patrick Stewart as the voice of father Herschel?). Did not know that the first identified black hole was called Cygnus X-1; the Disney movie ship was the Cygnus.

I just watched the fourth episode. I'm loving this series so far! My science education is woefully lacking, and the visuals are amazing, so it's been great.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I just watched the fourth episode. I'm loving this series so far! My science education is woefully lacking, and the visuals are amazing, so it's been great.
    You need to watch more NOVA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    (was that Patrick Stewart as the voice of father Herschel?).
    Pretty certain it was. Makes sense given MacFarlane's involvement with this show and Stewart being a regular on American Dad as Deputy Director Avery Bullock.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

I saw the first episode, but haven't been able to watch since then. Perhaps I will try to catch up if it is still available on demand. I remember seeing some of the Carl Sagan episodes back in the 80's. However, the PBS station did not come in very well, so other than an episode or two I may have seen in school, it was all kind of fuzzy back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I saw the first episode, but haven't been able to watch since then. Perhaps I will try to catch up if it is still available on demand. I remember seeing some of the Carl Sagan episodes back in the 80's. However, the PBS station did not come in very well, so other than an episode or two I may have seen in school, it was all kind of fuzzy back then.
    The original Cosmos from PBS is currently on DVD and the new Cosmos is coming to DVD/Blu-ray in late June.

I was surprised in myself being able to name some of the terms that came up in this episode. I feel dumb; I just discovered that the show is somewhat based on Sagan's book called [wait for it...] Cosmos. This is by far my favorite new show of the season, and I hope that it remains, whether or not the ratings are strong.

I'm an episode behind, but the light episode is my favorite so far.