Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Next week: last episode, AND the Blu-Ray/DVD comes out Tue. 6/10. I am pretty sure I'll pick up the season, but will FOX or Nat. Geo. do the same for future years?
    Probably, if we were to get anything beyond this season. The big thing there is "IF". You are making the assumption there will be future years. So far I haven't read anything to indicate we'll be getting any more seasons.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    The big thing there is "IF". You are making the assumption there will be future years.
    Actually, I was just hoping there'll be more seasons, assuming nothing. I will probably buy the DVD to use in my English classes (yep, NOT just for science teachers). I'd like to watch new episodes in about 8 months or so, too.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

  3. #33
    Great way to wrap up the SEASON finale. Although, I get the sense that this was, in fact, the end of it.

    Tomorrow's the DVD set release day (some extra hours of features, a "new" cosmic calendar... and I'm hoping for collectible Significant Scientists trading cards! ).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Great way to wrap up the SEASON finale. Although, I get the sense that this was, in fact, the end of it.

    Tomorrow's the DVD set release day (some extra hours of features, a "new" cosmic calendar... and I'm hoping for collectible Significant Scientists trading cards! ).
    I wonder if the episodes on DVD/Blu-ray will have the "extra bits" that I heard were in the National Geographic Channel's airings on Mondays but not in the Sunday airings on FOX.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    I wonder if the episodes on DVD/Blu-ray will have the "extra bits" that I heard were in the National Geographic Channel's airings on Mondays but not in the Sunday airings on FOX.
    I never knew that was the case; I just assumed (there I go, assuming again) it was the same broadcast on a different channel and day. The TV commercials for the DVD did say "bonus" scenes, so I hope that means extra "extra" footage, plus the Nat Geo differences.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

  6. #36
    Well, in watching some of the DVD, I chose the last episode, the one most fresh in my mind. I seem to NOT recall a brief part about the number of scrolls in the library at Alexandria; maybe that was a Nat Geo part. Looks nice, but seems to mainly just be the shows. Extras: 2013 Comic-Con panel discussion, behind-the-scenes filming/planning/computers, commentary I haven't listened to yet.

    Also, I forgot to mention that in the last episode, I (sad to say) FINALLY figured out the reason why they went from the first and last letters of the show's title to spell out "Cosmos"... uh, that's the initials of the dude who did the first TV series. Duh.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I never knew that was the case; I just assumed (there I go, assuming again) it was the same broadcast on a different channel and day. The TV commercials for the DVD did say "bonus" scenes, so I hope that means extra "extra" footage, plus the Nat Geo differences.
    I can't 100% confirm this as I don't have cable (just basic broadcast TV) and couldn't watch said Monday airings, but from what I understand the episodes (in of themselves) were the same on both channels. The "extra bits" that aired during the National Geographic Channel airings supposedly happened during the commercial breaks.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

  8. #38
    I've read a couple of N.G. Tyson's books recently, and if I hadn't seen the series, I am certain I would have had NO idea what some of these terms meant or referred to. There was even a meme I saw online about a cat that can both exist in a box and not; hadn't heard of it before, and now I can laugh along with that hilarity without being out of the loop! Thanks for the literary science allusion, Dr. Tyson!

    I would recommend reading some of his stuff, though. It's funny, a little sci-fi geeky, but based in solid fact or scientific possibility and somehow understandable.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO