Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I didn't see any of it, except for the face-beating Snider took, and his black eye the day after. I won't go homer-fan and say it was the other team's fault. I think most base-brawls are usually stupid.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Pirates are having a decent, but of course frustrating season. Record in 1-run games: 7-5 (after on 23 games so far), record in "save situation" games (3 runs or less): 7-12, record in "blowouts" (more than 4 runs different): 2-2. Notice; most games have been close, and they've only played St. Louis, Cincy, Milwaukee (all teams with .500 or +.500 records) and Cubs so far.

Oh, after last night's 1-0 loss (run in the first inning, nothing for the next 8 ), make those numbers above now...

Record in 1-run games: 7-6 (after on 24 games so far), record in "save situation" games (3 runs or less): 7-13, record in "blowouts" (more than 4 runs different): 2-2.

Arr.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 04-26-2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: No; there is another.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Andrew Cashner is my new Padre hero.

He is an ace!

He also has 24 other teammates on our active roster somewhere. I've seen them on the field before I think

Actually, Chris Denorfia (OF) really delivers and tries so hard every game. He's very admirable.

All the guys are coming along though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Milwaukee Brewers: They are the 4th best team in the division. Blahh blahh blahh I think if they are 500 it'll be a decent season. The biggest story this spring revolves around a dog "Hank" that was found at the teams complex in Marryvale.

On a slightly separate note, I'm going to Boston to see the game on Saturday April 5th. I'd love to go to the game on Friday but that is the season opener in Boston and super expensive. Does anybody have any cool things to check out in Beantown? I'll be there roughly 48 hours, we plan on sitting on top of the green monster for batting practice and we'll be in the outfield for the game. I'd like to see the USS Constitution, other then that I'm open to seeing/doing most anything else.

I'm sorry I missed this post.

In 2011 I went to Boston to see the Padres play interleague ball their in Fenway for my first time.

I was addicted. Yeah - tickets were $200 a night to sit right on 3rd baseline where the Padres had gathered. (We took 2 out of 3 from Boston while visiting, btw)

So I also went to see the USS Constitution (Old Ironsides), took a Boston Harbor ferry ride, went to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library (and called the Soviet Union and told them not to place missiles in Cuba). I became friends with a Red Sox Girl who is coming to visit me (but for the Red Sox games against the Angels up the freeway from me - no Padres / Sox interleague this season but the Angels are my AL Team since birth basically) and I formed a seriously cool friendship as she works in Boston's front office now. Did I mention she's like 10 years younger than I am and way hot? (and way into baseball, like me!)

Yeah, there was a lot to do in Boston? I have to go back there for either the Angels or the Padres games!

Next stop Wrigley, however. I've been many times, but not with BobaFrett and not when I personally know (very well I might add) at least 3 people in the Cubs organization whom I need to introduce BobaFrett to!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

We weren't in Boston very long, roughly 48 hours. We checked out a big chunk of the Freedom Trail, our biggest stop was the Constitution which was AWESOME (like I figured it would). Breeds Hill (aka Bunker Hill), Old North Church, Boston Commons, Cheers, Legal Seafood and a limo ride to the game pretty much sums up the trip. There was just way way wayyyy too many things to do in such a short time. Boston is for sure I place I want to get back to.

Tickets were something like $45 dollars which were in center field, plus we paid $15 to join Red Sox Nation (fan club) to watch batting practice from on top of the Green Monster. If you ever go there for a game again that $15 is well spent. Both me and my buddy had a chance at a ball but missed, but he ended up getting a ball from Kyle Loshe (sp) later on in bating practice.

I got to watch batting practice from the Green Monster (partially) because I paid $15 for the guided stadium tour. I agree it was really worth it.

I think I like Fenway more than Wrigley - or it's just because I've been to Wrigley more and Fenway was newer to me. Ironic statement.

I did the Freedom Trail, too. I went in my Civil War uniform. The "patriot" leading the tour really enjoyed that and took a lot of pictures with me.

Do you watch "Turn" on AMC about the Revolutionary War? I think you'd like it JimJam. Only the 3rd episode is airing tonight and they probably play repeat performances of the first two all the time or "on demand."

The plot's simple: the British Empire is evil and guys wearing wigs are going to shoot them and start something called the United States of America. I'm tuning in every week to find out if they'll succeed

Anyway, I predict that something called the United States of America will lead to the founding of something called Major League Baseball. That's the important thing

Yes, Old Ironsides was so impressive! That's still an active duty Navy ship and they sail it though it's over 200 years old! And they shine the deck so well you can see your reflection on it. The men serving on the ship in the old Navy uniforms are active-duty Navy personnel. They are trained modern military but must also know the history of that ship and how to operate everything on it to be assigned to her crew. The USS Constitution! Awesomeness!

I so much want to go to Boston again. There's so much more to do and see. However, I enjoyed my first trip there so much, that I'd repeat doing everything I did the first time, too!

I want to go to Lexington and Concord by the way.

We didn't do a 'formal' Freedom Trail tour we just simply walked it stopping at various places checking out various things. It was REALLY cool to stand on top of Bunker Hill looking out towards the river and imagining the British ships bombarding the fort and the red coats massing and making their way up the hill (you also have to imagine their not being any houses/buildings there of course )

I had several really nice long conversations with some of the sailors on the Constitution, all very nice and quite knowledgeable (they go though a pretty intense boot camp before they are allowed to give tours). Did you check out the Casian Young? I feel bad for that ship, I mean how much love is that ship going to get when its docked a hounded or so feet away from the oldest active commissioned ship in the world.

I haven't seen that show (yet) Tycho, I've heard about it but haven't yet checked it out.

Unfortunately, either I didn't have time to go on the Cassin Young, or it was closed to tours.

I spend hours on the Constitution learning about how everything worked.

In my 19th century novel (due out in only days) I have scenes aboard the masted warships, and I wanted to write everything as realistically as possible.

Though I've crewed on several of these tall ships in exposition cruises and mock battles out of San Diego Harbor, I've learned my assigned jobs, but never had time to learn everything else.

I'm really fascinated by these old ships and the Constitution was the best vessel I've ever been on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'm really fascinated by these old ships and the Constitution was the best vessel I've ever been on.
    Ditto, seeing the Constitution was a bucket list item for me, now I just need to get over to jolly old England and check out HMS Victory, which is even older than Old Ironsides and is a first rate ship of the line (the Constitution is a frigate).

Yesterday in Cincinatti the Reds had a pretty cool video opening against the Brewers. Check it out.

http://ramsey.mlblogs.com/2014/05/04...ation-game-iv/

Darth Uecker!