Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Red face G-day, mate! MLB 2014

So, this baseball season starts... in Australia, of course. With spring training winding down, the Boys of Summer will begin their season around summer in the Southern Hemisphere (Dodgers and Diamondbacks), ending in the fall (which is spring in the Land Down Undah ).

How well do you expect "your" team to do in '14?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Milwaukee Brewers: They are the 4th best team in the division. Blahh blahh blahh I think if they are 500 it'll be a decent season. The biggest story this spring revolves around a dog "Hank" that was found at the teams complex in Marryvale.

On a slightly separate note, I'm going to Boston to see the game on Saturday April 5th. I'd love to go to the game on Friday but that is the season opener in Boston and super expensive. Does anybody have any cool things to check out in Beantown? I'll be there roughly 48 hours, we plan on sitting on top of the green monster for batting practice and we'll be in the outfield for the game. I'd like to see the USS Constitution, other then that I'm open to seeing/doing most anything else.

Yankees? Well since they weren't even able to send Mariano Rivera out with a bang by not even making the playoffs last year, but with Jeter leaving this season, I would love nothing more than to have another World Series, greedy yes I know.

But I expect them to probably finish 2nd in their division and end up missing the playoffs.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Pitt Pirates: you've all heard me at SSG over the years lament their chances before Opening Day. If they can stay as healthy as they did last year and get decent to average hitting, I think back-to-back playoff appearances is a possibility. No big off-season changes (gained or lost, aside from SP Burnett), though.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Another "Opening" Day today. Another one with the Dodgers playing. Tomorrow, that's the REAL opener, with 13 games. Take down those Cubbies, Buccos!

On their way to 162-0! Raise the Jolly Roger!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    On their way to 162-0! Raise the Jolly Roger!
    Hold on there sport, the Brewers won yesterday so how could two teams in the same division both end up with 162-0 records???

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Hold on there sport, the Brewers won yesterday so how could two teams in the same division both end up with 162-0 records???
    That's the beauty of interleague play. And the Wild Card. And video challenges. And PED testing. And the Internet. And genii wishes.

Darn Brewers! You were the foamy, dark ale hop in the Buccos' sides the past seasons. I don't want a repeat of that this year.

It's early BCJ.

Of course Texiera and Robertson would be on the DL already....
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!