Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    JJB, what is cool is that baseball can still prompt this discussion. After 150 years or so, there's exceptions to the game filled-in with what-if scenarios like this.

We are now discussing (in the game I mean) rules about catchers blocking the plate, and instant-replay.

But there's still new things coming up from a very old game.

As big of fan as I am, I don't know all the rules and what-if scenario answers.

To me, that's really cool. It adds another element to the discussion besides "last night's scores and standings" - which is awesome to discuss every season in itself.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I agree Tycho, there are just so many scenarios, I just love talking baseball. I wish I knew more about things like the rule 5 draft and other "front office" type things.

The catcher pitched a scoreless inning! The Dodgers were getting so badly blown out last night that Mattingly put the backup catcher in to pitch a scoreless 9th. Considering how atrocious the bullpen for the Dodgers has been, maybe they should put him in more often.

Brewes took 2 of 3 from the Pirates, probably could have been a sweep, sorry BCJ.

p.s. I'm not sorry.

Last one was a 2-run walk-off, otherwise your comment would've been reversed.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Pirates lose two games this weekend so far: one to a rained-out postponement, and the other a HR-fest to the Yankees. Hey, and I picked up a little girl's NYY cap after she dropped it on the floor in the store yesterday; where's my repayment in Buccos wins?

Just keep reminding myself; it's early, they started slowly last year, too.

Buccos are on a nice mini-run, up to only the 4th-worst NL and 7th-worst MLB team; 7th in the Wild Card race! Getting Grilli back should help the bullpen.

Crew won in Miami last night which was nice but that said they've been sucking it up big time. The pitching has been very solid but the bats have gone silent.

The s' top winning pitcher is 5-0; that's great! He's a set-up reliever... oh. And they lost two in a row to lose the series to the Mets. Out here in LA for a series this weekend.