Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The s' top winning pitcher is 5-0; that's great! He's a set-up reliever... oh. And they lost two in a row to lose the series to the Mets. Out here in LA for a series this weekend.
    I was invited to tomorrow's game, BCJ. Let me know if you go; I have free parking at my place and it's a very short walk to the stadium.

Thanks for the offer, but sadly I'm a little booked the one weekend they're in town. But don't worry; I'll just catch them on TV. Oh, wait. I mean, Vin on the radio.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    ... But don't worry; I'll just catch them on TV. Oh, wait. I mean, Vin on the radio.
    Getting to listen to Vin on the radio isn't too shabby of a consolation prize!

Last night's game was so slow and uneventful and continued my streak of witnessing only defeats at Dodger Stadium this season. Today's game actually had something happen.

I'm accepting this fact: Pirates will win a series in LA for the first time in 14 years with their win tonight, while being outscored in the 4-game series overall. I'll take that; like their 1960 World Series stats.

p.s. To Clint Hurdle and any other manager: unless you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN, don't challenge a 2nd base transfer call in the first inning. Ever. Bad things can happen, such as not being able to challenge a catch-then-drop in the outfield that leads to a big inning.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Pirates now have the best sub-.500 record in the NL. That's good, right? Nice to see Polanco make his debut, too; maybe he can be the Puig-type sparkplug for the s! Arr!

And now the Buccos have reached the .500 mark!

[edit] And Dred Pirate Andrew wins this past NL Player of the Week award.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 06-16-2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: McCutch is clutch!

Its been mentioned in the RIP thread that Tony Gwynn Sr died, the below is what I said in that thread....

Quote Originally Posted by me
    I had heard about Gwynn having cancer so this isn't a total shock but it still saddens me. While never a Padre fan I did like Gwynn, at one point I did have a Padre hat because of him. If the Splendid Splinter said you were a good hitter thats more then enough to convince me.
    Here is a conversation with the best hitter of my generation with possibly the best hitter of any generation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3hLiyNSISQ

RIP Mr. Padre.

I listened this morning to some of the San Diego radio station that comes in sometimes up here; they had callers relating their personal stories about/with him. Those were nice to hear. Too bad the Padres game tonight is up in Seattle (but I guess that gives SD more time to prepare a quality commemorative).