Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

E VII will take place 30 years after ROTJ

I'm rather surprised that nobody hasn't started a thread about this already. E 7 will be 30 years after Jedi, 3 young new leads along with some familiar faces and filming will start this summer.

http://www.syracuse.com/entertainmen...jedi_cast.html

Very interesting to hear....I would have loved to get a movie with Grand Admiral Thrawn.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Very interesting to hear....I would have loved to get a movie with [error: term does not exist].
    Since the EU is not longer, that shall NEVER come to pass!

So, how old will Threepio & R2 look?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Looks like they put Carrie Fisher under the knife for this movie.

I am quite disappointed that they've just decided to reboot the plot of Grownups for SW. The children of Rebels and Imperials return to Yavin, Hoth, Endor, Tatooine to "settle the score, once and for all." Hilarity ensues.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Based on Luke / Leia being 19 in ANH, and Han being 29.... or Luke / Leia being 23 in ROTJ, Han being 33....

30 years after ROTJ

Luke / Leia will be 53 yrs old, Han 63.

DEPENDING UPON WHAT OCCURS WITH THE EU RE-ORGANIZATION:

Jaina Solo if in the film should be 25, if some EU like HTTE (Thrawn) is upheld. (Leia is 28 when she delivers twins)

Ben Skywalker would be 15 then.++

Allanah Solo, if existent, would be 1 year old.* Jacen Solo could still be alive before he turns to the Dark Side. Tenel Ka could be his girl, Allanah’s mom.

Mara Jade could be alive but 52 years old. Rumors going around is that she is Ben Skywalker’s mom. Doesn’t mean she won’t already be dead at this point in the timeline. (She is either 1 year younger, or 1 year older than Luke)

**In the EU, Luke marries Mara (Union - Dark Horse Comics) right before Jaina and Jacen start at Yavin IV's Jedi Academy when they are about 14-15. (Old Republic Jedi's were taken as padawans by aspiring masers when they were 13 - like when Qui-Gon took Obi-Wan).

* Dark Horse has ran with the successful Legacy series with ANIA Solo, who cannot be Jaina's descendent since her last name is Fel (married Soontir Fel's son Jagged).

ANIA Solo, must be descended from Jacen's orphan daughter Allanah Solo (raised by Han and Leia).'

Carrie Fisher suggested she'd be a grandparent in the movie, but she could have been joking. Still if Leia is 53, she might be a grandparent. If her kids started having kids 3 years earlier than she did.

++ Jesse Plemons is 28 years old.

Luke would have to have fathered Ben Skywalker when he was 25 years old.

Maybe Mara Jade will not be Ben's mother as rumored (regardless of whether they throw out most of the EU).

In the current EU, Luke doesn't marry until he's 38 years old, I believe.

OBVIOUSLY THE EU MEANS A LOT TO ME. I EVEN WANTED TO WRITE FOR IT.

STAR WARS WITH EVEN 6 (six) movies is boring. It's hard to watch the OT for me and the PT is getting old now, too. I think ROTS is the most watchable out of all 6, though I recently REALLY enjoyed ROTJ and love the Jabba and Endor sequences.

The books and comics, and that there was an organized continuity, kept SW alive for me or I would have DUMPED IT. BORED TO DEATH from it.

And it would have been meaningless like most Star Trek books became for me, if "this or that didn't really happen," and in one book Luke married Callista and in another, Mara.

Yes, there were bad books / ideas in there. Overall, the continuity combined to mean something - at least to me. And I find fault with people who want to take that away from me because they chose not to keep up with the EU for various reasons.

It WOULD be taken away from me if the films contradict the EU totally. Minor discrepancies in the Clone Wars and that Han married Leia in either "The Courtship of Princess Leia" or "The Glove of Darth Vader" junior reader series, doesn't change that Han married Leia instead of Jenny or Jessie, etc.

There are ways to do the new movies WIHOUT negating the EU.

OMISSIONS are not negations. If Luke had a wife named Mara who is dead by the new movie time, and his son is named Ben.

If Han has a daughter named Jaina - and maybe they don't mention whether she EVER had a twin brother.

Maybe Hasbro's not supposed to make any more figures of these characters right now because they don't know who the actors are who will soon forever define their look from now on.

Will Jennifer Lawrence be Jaina? Or will Chloe Moretz? Well, they'll sort of look different. But not too much at the 3 3/4" scale. But maybe all Jedi wear green Jedi robes like Corran Horn in the future and that hasn't been decided yet, so Disney doesn't want Hasbro to make an incorrect figure of Jaina - or flood the market with her character by putting out the X-wing and Jedi apprentice versions of her right now?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Looks like they put Carrie Fisher under the knife for this movie.
    That image is from 1997.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I'm rather surprised that nobody hasn't started a thread about this already. E 7 will be 30 years after Jedi, 3 young new leads along with some familiar faces and filming will start this summer.

http://www.syracuse.com/entertainmen...jedi_cast.html
    I wrote a news post about it the day it broke. JJB, the article you posted takes a lot of rumors as fact – we've heard nothing official about C-3PO or Chewbacca, and Adam Driver isn't confirmed – and the full crew was already confirmed on StarWars.com.

The timeline is something we all should've assumed – with strong hints (but remember, no official confirmation) that Mark, Carrie, and Harrison are going to be in the film, it makes sense that the same amount of time would have passed in the real world as in the SW galaxy. It's cool that there will be three "young" leads, as that follows the pattern of both the OT and the PT – so again, not exactly surprising news. And the other bit of news from the official article – that filming will start in May –*was already mentioned by JJ a while back. So while this all does technically qualify as "news," it'll be far more exciting when we get some new news.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I hope Chewie will not be in it.

He was my first favorite SW character, and he will definitely be back for the Young Han Solo movie (between E3 and E4) - with a young Lando (the black male actor they are looking for) and surely Boba Fett (Danny Logan? I'd support that).

But we'll have more Chewie, just not in 7-9.

The NJO EU could still stand if Chewie wasn't dead. Lowbacca could fill in as a Wookiee for Han to play off of. That's Chewie's nephew and a Jedi for those who don't know. Han Solo would just love that (sarcasm).

Less time in the film timeline has passed than in real time, actually - TAC was 2007, right? 4 years after ANH would be ROTJ, and that would be 2011. Because of production time, ROTJ's 30th was 2013 (when Hasbro should have delivered us a sailbarge!!!)

And the actors are all playing their characters YOUNGER than their actual ages, which was always the case except for Carrie Fisher.

Harrison is something like 70+ and Han Solo would be 63. You can't really tell with people that age anyway. They all see increases on their health insurance premiums.

Adam Driver as the villain? He looks like a young Tarkin to me, actually. They could make him an alien, like a Chiss (Thrawn's species) too.

But his casting might not be for 2015's Ep. 7 but rather for a 'tween movie - maybe even as Tarkin?! He'd make a cool non-Force wielding Imperial.

With that movie coming in 2016 supposedly, Disney can create all kinds of casting rumors. For example, if Ewan, Hayden, Natalie, and Ian McDiarmid, plus Danny Logan come back for any movie, it might not be Ep.7.

So the Emperor is returning, might be true, technically, except that his return is to the movies, not the timeline post-ROTJ when he dies (or even his clone, Dark Empire, which is 6 years after ROTJ - while the movie is 30 years after).

I think Padme should have survived ROTS only to be killed (tragically) by Vader, later (without his knowledge that he finally did kill Padme since he wouldn't consciously do that). Then Leia could remember her mother. A tween-movie set after ROTS.

I hope Ewan McGreggor is in every Star Wars movie made now (that Obi-Wan could have a role in - tweenies and as a ghost in the sequels made up to look more like Alec Guiness since he does look like a younger version anyway - and Ewan was the best actor in the prequels - with Ian McDiarmid).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That image is from 1997.
    Yikes, if she looked like she just had plastic surgery nearly 20 years ago, that makes me a bit worried about how she'll look in Ep7.