Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Yikes, if she looked like she just had plastic surgery nearly 20 years ago, that makes me a bit worried about how she'll look in Ep7.
    Here's a red carpet interview she did a few days ago. The lighting is extremely bright and blown-out for much of it, but you can still see what she looks like these days. Of course, she yet again lets the cat out of the bag about Episode VII.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Here's a red carpet interview she did a few days ago. The lighting is extremely bright and blown-out for much of it, but you can still see what she looks like these days. Of course, she yet again lets the cat out of the bag about Episode VII.
    She definitely has that "pulled too tight", asymmetrical thing going with her mouth that makes me think she's had some work done.

I think she looks fine to appear in Ep7, in a Mon Mothma type of role, but they will definitely need a new, young female lead character for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    but they will definitely need a new, young female lead character for the film.
    Jaina Solo - Jedi Knight, around 25 years old (she was born in the Thrawn Trilogy HTTE, 5 years after ROTJ)

She is the highest selling statuette of Kotobukiya of all time. At Comic Con, they told us they ordered an unprecedented 2nd production run.

I think her action figure might stay the test of time since I doubt she's going to be blonde. They can dye Jennifer Lawrence's hair, or whomever they cast as Jaina. (Born on Coruscant, or raised there, I think she might have a British accent.)

BTW, so far as I remember, Jaina Solo never wore Old Republic Jedi robes. Following in the footsteps of her first Jedi Master, Uncle Luke, she wore tan "Bespin Fatigues / Leia Hoth in tan - (Torryn Farr for a custom body?) and then black (I use the Deena Shan body for Jaina's custom tactical combat suit) - besides the standard X-wing flight suit (easily customizable from female Rogue pilots).

Though I believe Arndt was fired for steering the story towards Jaina (and perhaps Jacen, still alive?), just because the film's been re-directed towards Ben Skywalker, doesn't mean Cousin Jaina can't be a supporting cast member, like Obi-Wan was in TPM, ESB, and ROTJ. (I'd say in AOTC, ROTS, and ANH, Obi-Wan was a primary).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Interesting that I've now heard 35 (thirty-five) years after ROTJ.

It would be 34 years after ANH if that easy mistake was made.

Or it could be 66 years after TPM
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The National posted photos of people rolling a giant gray object either into or out of a white tent in Abu Dhabi, which they claim is evidence that Episode VII is filming there. The last "rumor" was Morocco, but I guess they could do the United Arab Emirates for Tatooine as well? The article says that it looks like the droids' escape pod, but really the details and scale are a perfect match for an AT-AT foot.

So it seems that they'll be going back to Tatooine – unless there's another desert planet, and that seems unlikely – and there might be some Imperial equipment there. While I certainly don't think everything has to take place on Tatooine (ahem), hopefully it will connect with the previous films in an interesting way and provide a strong reason for yet another visit back there. Maybe that's where they meet Obi-Wan's supposed offspring, or go to find information about Obi-Wan, Anakin, or Luke.

But why would there be AT-ATs there? They could be leftovers from the Imperial reign, they could be repurposed by the Rebels (or, presumably, the new Republic), or they could be a sign of continuing Imperial operations. Interesting that there's a full-scale prop being built, but I'm unsure as to why it looks like it's sunk a few feet into the ground – maybe the prop is unfinished, or maybe it's supposed to be sunken into sand in the film and they didn't build the entire foot.

Finally! I haven't seen John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, or Oscar Isaac in anything, and I'm assuming many other viewers also haven't, so it'll be nice to have mostly unknowns. (It's nice to see some non-white faces in the main cast.) Domhnall Gleeson played Bill Weasley in a few of the Harry Potter movies, though his role wasn't very big. I've seen Max von Sydow in a few things, but I'm not too familiar with him. I wonder if he'll play an old Imperial officer or something. Andy Serkis' presence is very welcome and seemingly indicates a motion-capture character seeing as how he's the best choice for that line of work – maybe he'll be Jar Jar's son.

Interesting that Harrison was listed before Carrie and Mark, as rumors indicate he'll have a larger role, which makes sense as he's been acting onscreen far more than the other two have. Also interesting that Kenny Baker is listed, as R2 was 100% remote controlled or CGI in ROTS – then again, he did receive a credit then. And I'm glad to have confirmation on C-3PO and Chewbacca coming back! No Lando, though, but there are still two other films in the trilogy, so there's still a chance he'll return.

I'm hoping Daisy Ridley's character is Jaina Solo.

It's obvious in how she looks like Natalie Portman, that she's Leia's daughter / Padme's granddaughter.

I like her look. Waiting for someone to photoshop her with a magenta lightsaber...

I see no reason to change the name of a best-selling character (from Jaina).

I understand her history may or may not be changed from the EU.

If the EU is not used, it does not mean she's not Jaina and "not used" could just mean not mentioned.

Chewie returning could mean that the NJO is being omitted but not the Thrawn Trilogy.

It could also mean the films take place before the NJO - and end before the NJO and they are not mentioned, obviously.

It is obvious I am an EU defender here.

The comic / book "reboot" thus far affects nothing with the already-published EU.