Thread: Chewie's return

Chewie's return

Chewie was my first favorite SW character because I loved furry house pet friends (cats and dogs) since I was a child.

I thought he was awesome since the first time I ever saw him.

I once hurt my grandma's feelings because she spent months knitting me an afghan bed cover for my room and I got mad when I opened the box she packaged it in and threw it down because I wanted the 14" Chewbacca figure.

I have always been ashamed of my behavior on that day and it hurts me to remember it because I quickly learned to love that afghan and still have several things my grandma knitted me.

I was a very small child then though. So I don't think she really ever let it bother her that much and I did get my 14" Chewbacca within that month, but I still think I hurt her and wish I hadn't. But I mean I was less than 10 years old, too.

Still, I've behaved better towards my grandmother since. (She died a few years ago and probably had forgotten the incident some thirty years before that.)

But the way we learn to behave and treat people better as lessons we gain by growing up.

Anyway, back to Chewbacca, I don't want him in E7.

Why? New Jedi Order and what came after it has been fantastically conceived and worked on hard by all sorts of creative people including John Ostrander, James Luceno, the late Aaron Allston and more.

Peter Meyhew (love the guy) can star in the in-between movies Young Han Solo and Young Boba Fett and (Thinner) Jabba the Hutt movies.

Though I'd love to see Harrison Ford play Han against a Wookiee - what if Meyhew even portrayed Lowbacca?

Did you know that Brandon Meyhew (fictional character on Breaking Bad - aka Badger) was named as a homage to Chewbacca?

The actor has a different name from Brandon Meyhew (and it's not Chewbacca).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

IGN is reporting that Maisie Richardson-Sellers may have landed the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi's black/mixed race daughter/granddaughter.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

She's hot.

I wonder if she'll say, "Oh, I don't think so!" in a British accent.

And who is her mother?

Not Duchess Satine obviously - unless they retcon Mandalorians to not be white Nordic in appearance ....

Not Cerasi - that I know of... (as I do believe she was also white)

Not Siri Taichi - who is blonde

If true, she might be interested in Luke's son - who was named Ben after her father.

Also, would this (likely) Jedi girl be another Jedi from Tatooine? (Do they just grow Jedi on the moisture farms there?)

Anyway, I think it's a cool idea, but this should be girlfriend 4 or 5 or more for Obi-Wan (or wife?) that is her mother and not a retcon of one of the characters I listed above.

However, all of the above could have survived the Clone Wars. Or was Duchess Satine murdered? I forgot. I think Pre Vizla or Maul killed her....

Siri might have been killed in the Clone Wars or by Vader's Jedi Purge.

Cerasi? Wait - I think she tragically died and that is why Obi-Wan relented to returning to the Jedi Order with Qui-Gon.

Yeah. Obi-Wan's girlfriends don't live into old age, do they?

This Jedi girl might have lost her mother - a point in common with Ben Skywalker since Mara Skywalker will likely be dead. You can't introduce Mara (Jade) in her 50's for her first live-action appearance. Or can you?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    IGN is reporting that Maisie Richardson-Sellers may have landed the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi's black/mixed race daughter/granddaughter.
    When in the bloody hell did Obi-Wan have a child? Ehh I'm not liking the sound of this new movie at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    When in the bloody hell did Obi-Wan have a child? Ehh I'm not liking the sound of this new movie at all.
    "That boy was our last hope."
    "No, there is another."
    "And another."
    "Another?"
    "And another another. Maybe more. Who knows these days?"
    "Getting too old for this poodoo, am I."
    "That's what Sheev said."

Look, TPM at least established Obi-Wan's rep is safe.

JarJar's mother will not be asking Obi-Wan to take a paternity test.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    And who is her mother?

Not Duchess Satine obviously - unless they retcon Mandalorians to not be white Nordic in appearance ....

Not Cerasi - that I know of... (as I do believe she was also white)

Not Siri Taichi - who is blonde

If true, she might be interested in Luke's son - who was named Ben after her father.

Also, would this (likely) Jedi girl be another Jedi from Tatooine? (Do they just grow Jedi on the moisture farms there?)

Anyway, I think it's a cool idea, but this should be girlfriend 4 or 5 or more for Obi-Wan (or wife?) that is her mother and not a retcon of one of the characters I listed above.

However, all of the above could have survived the Clone Wars. Or was Duchess Satine murdered? I forgot. I think Pre Vizla or Maul killed her....
    In the film canon, Obi-Wan had a relationship with Satine; the others only count as EU characters. Remember that Lucas is the one who wrote the outlines for the new films, and he also came up with the stories for The Clone Wars, so in his mind, Satine and Obi-Wan's relationship happened.

Perhaps Satine had a child, either back before TPM or between her season two and season five appearances, and decided to hide it from Obi-Wan or give it up for adoption, maybe so as to not get him kicked out of the Order. Then their offspring could have had a child with a darker-skinned human, resulting in the granddaughter character played by Maisie Richardson-Sellers.

I don't know how she could possibly be his daughter unless the character is at least 34 or so – maybe Obi-Wan really was getting lonely out there on Tatooine and struck up a relationship with a local right before he died.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    In the film canon, Obi-Wan had a relationship with Satine; the others only count as EU characters. Remember that Lucas is the one who wrote the outlines for the new films, and he also came up with the stories for The Clone Wars, so in his mind, Satine and Obi-Wan's relationship happened.

Perhaps Satine had a child, either back before TPM or between her season two and season five appearances, and decided to hide it from Obi-Wan or give it up for adoption, maybe so as to not get him kicked out of the Order. Then their offspring could have had a child with a darker-skinned human, resulting in the granddaughter character played by Maisie Richardson-Sellers.

I don't know how she could possibly be his daughter unless the character is at least 34 or so – maybe Obi-Wan really was getting lonely out there on Tatooine and struck up a relationship with a local right before he died.
    Hmm, sounds pretty sketchy: a hidden child, and the father doesn't even know about it? And those characters' children having kids, too? No way that the SW universe (canon or EU) would let that happen.

Read the new EU book Kenobi; you may be on to something about that "local" aspect, Mr. JJL.
    "That's what Sheev said."

The Star Wars Instagram posted a photo of Bob Iger and Chewbacca, and the UK Star Wars Twitter said that it's the Episode VII Chewie. If it is truly the costume they'll be using in the film, I think it looks great. It's more in line with the OT Chewbacca than the somewhat plastic-looking ROTS one, though the hair looks lighter in color here.

EDIT: Matt Martin, who works for the online team, posted that the photo was supplied without context and that the UK team's post was based in speculation and nothing more. So it might not be the onscreen costume but just a fan or a Disney "character" or something. Who knows!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram