The Black Series 6" Wave 4: Anakin, Clone Trooper, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper

Entertainment Earth confirms that the wave 4 cases are different than previously planned. When the wave was first shown boxed, it included ROTS Anakin, AOTC Clone Trooper, Chewbacca, and ROTS Obi-Wan as a carry-forward. There were rumors that Chewie would be delayed so he could fit into the new, taller boxes – though, really, I'm not sure why they even showed him on the orange-accented box when they were pretty clear that he'd be coming on the taller blue-accented box when he was announced at Toy Fair. So I'm guessing this wave will still have the standard orange-accented boxes and the blue-accented ones will debut with the next wave.

Anyway, the wave now includes ROTS Anakin and the AOTC Clone, but includes the two most sought-after figures as carry-forwards: Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper! I still don't have a Stormtrooper, and Boba is still pretty rare, so these are much more welcome than an Obi-Wan repack.

The remaining 6" figures for the summer are ROTJ Luke, Vader, Chewie, and black pauldron Sandtrooper. I wonder if they'll be released as one wave or split up over a few?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Bah humbug, nothing new that I want. The Phase 1 Clone and Anakin, what happened to limiting the number of prequel figures in these waves? Those 2 figures are going to pegwarm HARD as people hunt for Stormies and Bobas, but at least they pulled back the slow-selling, underwhelming Obi-Wan prequel figure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Bah humbug, nothing new that I want. The Phase 1 Clone and Anakin, what happened to limiting the number of prequel figures in these waves? Those 2 figures are going to pegwarm HARD as people hunt for Stormies and Bobas, but at least they pulled back the slow-selling, underwhelming Obi-Wan prequel figure.
    Out of the 19 figures announced or released so far in this line, only 4 of them have been from the prequels, so I think you'll survive.

5, I'm counting that flying R2-D2 figure. And a whole wave that's nothing but prequels out of 4 waves, not a good sign. This line is already struggling on shelves to get rid of figures from the first 2 waves.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

While I agree that Anakin won't be the hottest seller, I do think that the clone will do well with people wanting to buy multiples for displays or customs, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Your "PT vs. OT" issue isn't what's clogging shelves, since X-wing Luke, Greedo, and slave Leia are doing a fine job of that on their own; I've only seen wave 3 at a record store and one Target so I don't know how that will do, though I can't imagine either Bespin Luke or Obi-Wan being at the top of most collectors' lists. But as I mentioned, this wave was going to include Chewbacca according to early pics, so it wasn't even planned as a PT wave in the first place, that's just how things shook out.

I never got Boba Fett and I want him for BobaFrett here on our boards (a gift).

I think the Stormtroopers might be fun.

Two of them, Fett, and (hoping they make) Bespin Lando would look pretty cool together.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I found and got Anakin at a Target yesterday. His armored casemates were all gone, but there were plenty of Obi-Wan, Han, and Bespin Luke for all to enjoy.

It's a really nice figure. I don't know if it's just mine, but the Sith head sits higher on the neck than the Jedi one, which seems to be an accident and looks awkward in most poses. The Jedi head is a pretty great sculpt so I'll probably display it with that one anyway, but it's a weird issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I found and got Anakin at a Target yesterday. His armored casemates were all gone, but there were plenty of Obi-Wan, Han, and Bespin Luke for all to enjoy.

It's a really nice figure. I don't know if it's just mine, but the Sith head sits higher on the neck than the Jedi one, which seems to be an accident and looks awkward in most poses. The Jedi head is a pretty great sculpt so I'll probably display it with that one anyway, but it's a weird issue.
    It seems like it's the mold, not just your copy, as I've seen other reviews with this complaint. The images look horrible, it appears the cavity was set wrong on the inverse of that mold.