Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'll wait and see what my online dealer has to offer.

Because of the novelty, I can see this series being made available at retail.

I've checked a couple stores (Target, Walmart, etc.) lately, and have only seen "regular" Wacky Packages cards (no SW ones ).
    "That's what Sheev said."

You're ahead of me, Bel-Cam. I've been too busy to check!

Funny story, Topps related. My club has its big event this past weekend. I contacted Topps for a donation, even made a note that I enjoyed the new ROTJ 3D cards. Never heard from then again. Went to check the club's PO box, and there was a big box from Topps waiting for me! I open it, and what do I find?

2013 football cards.

Lot of the guys collect football cards and were happy to see them.

It's the thought that counts.

I checked my local Targets and they didn't have them. Amazon doesn't have them yet. So I just did some research, and found several artists who worked on the series confirm that Topps canceled the series in early July. To back that up, several retailers who had these listed for preorder now have them listed as canceled, although others don't, but GTS Distribution is confirming they're canceled.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

To quote your avatar, JT: "whuaaaaaah?!?" Really? Did they really think NO ONE would want to buy these? Nostalgia, silliness, gross-out paintings, and bad punnery NEVER go out of style.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    To quote your avatar, JT: "whuaaaaaah?!?" Really? Did they really think NO ONE would want to buy these? Nostalgia, silliness, gross-out paintings, and bad punnery NEVER go out of style.
    I would guess they were afraid that the already-limited trading card community and the picky Star Wars community each wouldn't embrace these in great enough numbers to justify production costs.

However one of the things I read suggested that they were asking their artists to produce a large volume of content for the series in a very short time, which limited the ability for interested artists to contribute, I know a lot of work was created for this series, but it may not have met the needs Topps was looking for (or DisneyLucasfilm required) - that's just my mere speculation though.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Topps probably thinks card collectors will get second and third mortgages for the Masterpiece cards.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    Topps probably thinks card collectors will get second and third mortgages for the Masterpiece cards.
    Very likey.