Fall 2014 Saga Legends and Mission Series revealed

We saw some of these at Toy Fair, but Sandtroopers.com attended a Disney store event and posted a photo of a board revealing new characters to be included in the Saga Legends and Mission Series line for later this year:

Saga Legends
    *Stormtrooper (Rebels)
    *Ezra
    *Kanan
    *Kallus
    *Chopper
    *Jango Fett – previously released in Mission Series
    *Clone Trooper (AOTC) – previously released in Saga Legends
    *Darth Vader – previously released in Mission Series
    *Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
    *Obi-Wan Kenobi (TCW)
    *Snowtrooper
    *TIE Pilot
    *Obi-Wan Kenobi (Rebels)
    *AT-DP Pilot
    *Commander Gree
    *Plo Koon
    *Jedi Temple Guard
    *AT-AT Driver
    *Royal Guard
    *Darth Maul
    *501st Clone Trooper – previously released in Mission Series
    *Mace Windu – previously released in Saga Legends (although it could be a new version)

Mission Series
    *Zeb vs. Stormtrooper – Stormtrooper also available in Saga Legends
    *C-3PO and R2-D2 (Rebels)
    *Darth Vader vs. Luke Skywalker (Bespin) – Vader previously released in Mission Series
    *Yoda vs. Darth Sidious – Yoda previously released in Saga Legends
    *Boba Fett and Stormtrooper – both previously released in Saga Legends
    *Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. General Grievous – Obi-Wan previously released in Saga Legends
    *Sabine vs. Stormtrooper – Stormtrooper also available in Saga Legends
    *Cikatro Vizago and IG-RM
    *Wulffwarro and Kitwarr
    *Wicket vs. Biker Scout
    *Bossk and IG-88
    *Anakin Skywalker vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi – both previously released in Saga Legends
    *Commander Cody vs. Battle Droid – Cody previously released in Saga Legends, Battle Droid previously released in Mission Series

There's one other Mission Series set that's obscured in the photo.

So the most surprising takeaway here is that Obi-Wan will be appearing in Rebels. It shows a small glimpse at the animation model, which looks like the ANH version of the character but with darker hair. It makes sense he'd be involved but I wonder to what extent? This photo also shows the models of C-3PO and R2-D2. Cikatro Vizago looks to be a Devaronian, and IG-RM is clearly based on McQuarrie's IG-88 concept art, much like the 2009 figure. Wulffwarro and Kitwarr are Wookiees, which we recently learned will appear in the series. The Royal Guard appears to be an animated version but I can't tell if it's TCW or Rebels.

Sabine brings us closer to completing the crew of the Ghost, but Hera is still conspicuously absent. Perhaps she's in the hidden MS set.

I'm glad that TCW is still getting some representation with the Jedi Temple Guard. While I would have preferred to see it in The Black Series, this is better than nothing and it's nice to see this awesome design get its due. Commander Gree is shown in his TCW phase I armor, so I wonder if we'll see that version or the ROTS phase II one. Plo and Mace show photos from the films but could also be TCW versions.

It also seems that Agent Kallus will be flying the curved-wing TIE Advanced Prototype that was shown at Toy Fair. The box from Toy Fair showed a straight-winged TIE and labeled it "Inquisitor's TIE Advanced Starfighter," so maybe he really does use the straight-winged version.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'm thankful that these are all 5 POA figures that I can spare my wallet from.

A TIE Pilot, nice! And an AT-AT Driver! Well, it looks like I'll be buying at least two more figures this year.

Watermark-happy YodasNews posted carded photos of the first Saga Legends wave, which follows the earlier leaked list exactly. (All 12 of these are outlined in orange, so presumably the ones in yellow will make up future waves.)

The full, numbered list is as follows:

1. Stormtrooper
    2. Ezra Bridger
    3. The Inquisitor
    4. Kanan Jarrus
    5. Agent Kallus
    6. C1-10P (“Chopper”)
    7. Jango Fett
    8. Clone Trooper (AOTC)
    9. Darth Vader
    10. Luke Skywalker
    11. Obi-Wan Kenobi (TCW)
    12. Snowtrooper

This wave includes the Jedi Luke, TCW Obi-Wan, and Snowtrooper that were only released internationally – since the list is accurate, it seems Maul will still come out later. It also includes repacks of Vader, Jango, and the AOTC Clone from earlier Saga Legends and Mission Series sets. The first six figures are in the new animated Rebels style. Sadly, Kallus' helmet does not come off to show his fantastic muttonchops.

The Rebels characters have the show's logo on the top of the card, and the movie/TCW characters have the show's SW logo but not its title. The movie/TCW characters have the "From Episode __" denotation that we first saw at Toy Fair, and everyone has a little Rebels advertisement in the bottom left. Interestingly, Vader has both – he's the repacked movie-style MS figure and noted as being from ESB, but he also includes the Rebels logo. The packaging also includes Disney's logo in the upper right corner – this is a little odd, as they never had LFL's logo on the front of the cards. The bubbles have the stormtroopers' blue lines as raised detailing, which is pretty cool.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram