Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Black Series 6" Wave 5: Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Jedi Luke, Sandtrooper v2

According to BigBadToyStore, the case assortment for wave 5 will include eight figures:

1x SW 6 Inch EP4 Chewbacca
    2x SW 6 Inch EP5 Darth Vader
    1x SW 6 Inch EP6 Luke Jedi
    1x SW 6 Inch Sandtrooper
    3x SW 6 Inch Boba Fett

This matches what was shown at Toy Fair. Presumably this will be the first wave with the taller boxes and blue accents replacing the orange. The Sandtrooper will have a black pauldron as opposed to the orange one seen in the first wave.

It's interesting that Boba is being shipped three to a case here, especially after he's coming back in wave 4. This sounds like it could lead to some overkill, but Boba has never pegwarmed in the 3 3/4" scale so I think it will be fine. He's definitely a figure that should appeal to non-collectors. I do think it's a good move to have two Vaders, at least.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I also feel like at $20 a pop, 3x per case may lead to fatigue. And why a Sandtrooper over a Stormtrooper? Weird. Still, not their worst case in this line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Weird. Still, not their worst case in this line.
    Yeah, can't believe they have a 4x Slave Leia, 2x Greedo, 1x X-Wing Luke, 1x Willrow Hood case ordered. But this may be my chance to actually get a Fett from a store, and maybe with a discount/coupon deal at some point.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Entertainment Earth also lists a standard four-figure case that includes one each of the new figures, so it seems that the eight-figure case is a revision.

Rebelscum posted a photo of the boxed figures in this wave as well as a closeup of Vader. This is the first imagery of the blue-accented boxes. Note that they've restarted the numbering system, and the Sandtrooper is #1 again. The taller boxes work well for Vader and Chewie but Luke looks bare and the Sandtrooper's accessories are positioned strangely. Vader's helmet doesn't look great here, but perhaps it's just the tray squishing it or something.

Yakface is reporting that the revision case with three Boba Fetts has been cancelled (though they're calling this wave 6 for some reason). Move along, move along.

Ugh, Chewbacca's paint is simple and his roaring face is over the top, and that helmet on Vader looks sad from its oversized eyes and squished helmet - there's a damn picture of the character RIGHT THERE next to him to contrast it. The lenses might have worked on an ANH Vader, but this is clearly ESB in every other way. And what's with Vader's left hand?

At least Luke looks good.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I am getting Luke for myself (would prefer his vest on him AKA Jabba's Palace) and I'm getting Chewie for BobaFrett.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The case assortment I listed in the first post actually seems to be what is shipping to Walgreens stores, with the Boba figure being their exclusive prototype version. It also appears that some stores are getting only a few figures. Either way, I found Chewie and Luke at the corner of happy and healthy the other day but saw no sign of the others. Stores are also getting in their Agent Venom and Tyrion Lannister figures; in the latter's instance, I've seen him alongside Funko's other Game of Thrones figures and occasionally in displays.

Tyrion is a Walgreen's exclusive? Do they not have an obnoxious sticker like every other store?

(I saw some Tyrions with other GoT figures several days ago, but didn't realize he was a WG exclusive.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.