Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cantina Showdown... why, why, WHY?!?

Saw this via Yakface's link on Facebook:
    http://www.andrewstoyz.com/black-ser...x#.U5tFP5RdXQR

Seriously. I'm not even sure what to say about this. They didn't even bother to give them a proper table and chairs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HASA9545.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	28348
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I guess this is the one that showed up in TRU's computers a few weeks back... What a shame. I was hoping for a 3 3/4" set with a distillery, not two of the biggest 6" pegwarmers. I do think the packaging looks good, but what a horrible choice of figures.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Whose quality is shot first? Sorry for the mess.

Does this mean that the famous deleted Slave Leia/Greedo scene will also be in toy form, titled "Pegwarmer Peril?"
    "That's what Sheev said."

If only they had made both of them only available through a 2 pack from the get go...

The Stormtrooper could have replaced both of them in wave 2 pack outs and I'm almost certain they would not pegwarm.

I truly don't understand Hasbro's thinking that Greedo is an A-list character. This line is supposed to be only the cream of the crop in character choices, and then they put out Greedo and are surprised this happens.

This set however is just a really terrible call, nobody needs to work to find these figures, they are pegwarming at every Target, and once TRU moves more stock they'll probably get that wave in to pegwarm as well. I suppose they wanted to show off how cool their new figures are in iconic scenes, but using big ugly insert trays on top of cardboard set pieces is a sign that they have no idea how to market this line, and are just repeating the 3.75" line's choices. Wait a year, then release this set when these figures are not on shelves anymore, and MAYBE you'll have a chance at selling a few. But this is a wreck.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

With this line, every figure should be an exclusive. Base it on the 1997 (?) 12" offerings, but throw in safeguards so all stores got a range of superhot and not superhot characters, with all stores getting enough to meet demand and requiring them to make them available online. And put a handy "road map" of what store has what online, and maybe put BBTS or Entertainment Earth as shared partners do everyone can get every figure they want.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This set is going to be sold at EE's SDCC booth. I'm going to laugh if I see anyone purchasing it!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    This set is going to be sold at EE's SDCC booth. I'm going to laugh if I see anyone purchasing it!
    So I guess this is a shared TRU/EE exclusive that will be sold on TRU's site after the show as well. I guess that's the best way to sell something like this that nobody wants – make it as rare as you possibly can!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

This is actually very smart, this went from being an embarrassing piece of crap to being a wise choice - there was no way regular collectors would buy this pegwarmer 2-pack, but Comic-Con is a venue for more than just us die-hards, and this will get rid of the set by selling to the casual fans and the speculators. And who knows, maybe it'll draw in a few more collectors to this brand.

That said, NO WAY IN HELL AM I BUYING IT!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They need to get rid of pegwarmers (GREEDO) so I hope they collected some from stores to repackage.

Han with Greedo is the most logical choice.

They could package Slave Leia with R2D2 and add the Jabba drink tray and deal with that mess.

Maul and the Sandtrooper sold fine and people actually might buy the rank-change repaints of Sandtroopers. The black one should be an exclusive.

I think:

orange: Sgt
    black: cpl
    white: pvt

Luke X-wing still pegwarms at some TRUs. But at least that's only 1 figure.

I've seen Bespin Luke and Kenobi sell in the stores. Never saw a Stormtrooper in the wild.

I am still waiting for a Snowtrooper and I'm done.

As to non-A-List characters (more would sell the few - i.e. Momaw Nadon, Gamorrean, Ponda Baba, Wooof)

Bib Fortuna (to go with Jabba) ought to be an exclusive (non-limited)

We really didn't need this line, but it's here and some of the offerings seem kind of nice.

I'm glad Boba Fett is coming back in some shape or form as I wish to purchase him for a gift for BobaFrett (it's not a surprise).

So that's that.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.