Question Now I'm confussed to where the clones come from... ?

O.K. See Obi-wan mentioning that Jango is helping to produce a secret clone army to go against the Jedi's... Alrighty... but we don't actaully see these clones of Jango in action... ???

The ones we see are the clonetroopers of the Jedi's... Now where did these come from... ???

And furthermore how long did it take Palpatine to produce so many clones in such a short time... ??? Or was it prepared in the background... ???

hey there darth ovori,

here's the info we've pieced together thus far:

darth sideous/palpatine tricked the kamino aliens into thinking they were producing clones for the republic by posing as a jedi named sidyo-dyas. jango is the dna doner.

as seen in the latest trailer, palpatine says he will create an army of the republic, and it just so happens he has a million clones on order. surely he'll take delivery of them and, presto, there is the army to defend the republic from the separatists.

sideous and dooku are probably in collusion to fool the senate into thinking parts of the republic are trying to break away, thus giving him the opportunity to amass a grand army and be granted special political power to prevent this, thus allowing him to become a dictator. remember, episode 1 wasn't called the phantom menace for nothing.

we've speculated that the clones don't grow in the normal maner, but are genetically programed to mature quickly. it wouldn't be financially feesable to house millions of clones for 18 plus years of training. i bet we'll see a grown up boba fett in episode 3, though he may be just a few calender years old.
    Last edited by derek; 03-13-2002 at 07:43 PM.

Cool, thanx for the info...

Just one more question, "Clone Wars"... Who produces the clones for the separatists... Do both sides have clones that have Jango's DNA... or for that matter Boba's DNA...

i'm not sure if the separatists will actually have a clone army. there may not even be a separatist movement. it may all be a ruse engineered by palpatine so he can grab power.

we'll have to wait till episode 3 rumors start leaking to determine this.

the clone war probably will be one sided in reference to clones actually fighting. the clones will probably be invading systems in the republic who are trying to leave and putting down any resistance.

Re: Now I'm confussed to where the clones come from... ?

Originally posted by Darth Ovori
    O.K. See Obi-wan mentioning that Jango is helping to produce a secret clone army to go against the Jedi's... Alrighty... but we don't actaully see these clones of Jango in action... ???

The ones we see are the clonetroopers of the Jedi's... Now where did these come from... ???

And furthermore how long did it take Palpatine to produce so many clones in such a short time... ??? Or was it prepared in the background... ???
    Yes, we see the clones of Jango in action, they are the Clone Troopers and clone children that we have seen in the trailer. The clones mature at twice the normal rate, so the clones that were created 10 years ago when the cloning started are now 20, and the more recent ones were created 5 years ago, so they are 10. There are supposed to be some fetus like clones in cloning tanks that I assume would be the 3rd wave. According to online sources, one genetic sample of Jango can create 200,000 clones.

They are the same clones, because as soon as Obi-Wan reports back that they are using Jango Fett to create clones for someone calling themself Sido-Dyas and posing as the head of the Jedi council, events start falling into place. Since the clones were created in the name of the council, for some mysterious Sido-Dyas they think it's the sepratists building an army up quickly. They fear for the future of the republic and Palpatine is granted emergancy supreme powers during the crisis. He uses that power to claim the clone army for the republic and use it as their grand army.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Army building is 2 fold in this film. The Confederacy of Independent Systems (the separatists) are building a droid army on Geonosis. We see the massive manufacturing plant in the trailer. Republic officials don't know what the heck is going on when Kenobi reports back from Kamino, but after he reaches Geonosis and finds an equally formidable (droid) army in the possession of the C.I.S., they decide that since the Kaminoans believe they are producing the clone army for the Jedi, then they will take advantage of the situation and acquire the clones no matter who actually initiated their creation.

As for what happens after the curtains close on AOTC.......
    It appears from the trailer that the separatists flee with a portion of their soldiers still intact (just guess work). It is possible that they will end up creating their own droid army eventually.
    ubi mel ibi apes

One thing that I love about the Arena Battle takes place on the Separatist's home court, the Clone Army has to travel from Kamino but the Droid Army comes right out of the Factory and goes into the thick of the fight. So unfair but really cool to see...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

The great thing about Palp's plan is that not only does he get the Senate to grant him emergency dictatorial powers and creates his "Grand Army," he also eliminates any possible future threat to his rule by destroying the CIS organizations (Trade Fed, Intergalactic Banking Clan, etc.) that he set up to be his dupes in the first place.

What's slightly confusing is how exactly Palp takes delivery of the Clone Army ordered by the imaginary Sydo-Dyas. Why the Jedi are okay with that, and why they are willing participants in the Geonosis attack, rather than insisting on negotiations or some such thing. Palp must have sweet talked them good.
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

Fixer,

I believe that is because they learn that the C.I.S. are creating a massive army of droids on Geonosis and realize the Jedi (as Mace pointed out) stand no chance of defending all systems loyal to the Republic if they decide to employ those droid soldiers for their potential use. I am guessing that Kenobi finds that they are very close to being ready or have a close enough potential to be ready to attack and conquer the Republic if they so desire. It also appears that the Military Creation Act has been an often debated and very passionate subject in the Senate for quite some time.....a stalemate between proponents and opponents (those systems that have their own very capable military/protection forces and those that rely upon protection from the Republic). An issue of solidarity vs. dependence. The Chancellor and Jedi realize (as Bail Organa points out) that they must stop them before they are ready, and that the Senate will be unable to act quickly enough to prevent disaster. I think what is deduced about the clone army is that Dooku used "his" henchman Jango Fett (his because Kenobi followed Jango right to Dooku when he fled Kamino) to create a clone army under the alias Jedi Master (Dooku was indeed a Jedi Master) Sido Dyas. Even though it was proabably Palpatine that commissioned them.

I agree with you and Co Jo-Da on the appeal of how clever this plan actually is.
    ubi mel ibi apes