Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Tomorrow at 4PM is when I finally get my chance to see it and determine if all that money I spent on TFA merchandise was wasted or not.
    Not to spoil anything, but as with the prequels, it looks like some figures were finalized or released before the film was finished. I want to do a post detailing the changes since I always find this stuff fascinating.
    Got a question for Hasbro? Ask it here!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Not to spoil anything, but as with the prequels, it looks like some figures were finalized or released before the film was finished. I want to do a post detailing the changes since I always find this stuff fascinating.
    I figured that would be the case. Just like I remember reading somewhere that Klaatu was originally supposed to be the guard who fell into the Rancor Pit with Luke which is probably why Kenner felt it necessary to make a figure of him in the first ROTJ wave. Same with General Madine's cut scenes that explain why Kenner considered him important enough for a figure.

    So it'll be interesting to see who ends up being the General Madine or Klaatu from The Force Awakens.

    I'll be seeing it in a couple of hours, but I've already read a few reactions from friends, who have all been gracious enough to avoid spoilers, and the general consensus from casual Star Wars fans (those people who get excited about the movies but aren't likely to register on online forums to talk about those movies) is that the movie was amazing. Among the hardcore fans (those who actively talk about Star Wars even when there is no new movie to talk about), the reactions I've read so far have ranged from thinking that the movie was great to thinking that it was a competent, well-made movie that didn't exactly blow their socks off. So far, no harshly negative reviews, but again I haven't really been seeking out reviews yet and won't until after I've seen the movie this afternoon.

    I was kind of annoyed about missing the premiere showing, but then I remembered that ANH and ESB are my two favorite Star Wars films and they are also the only two Star Wars films that I have NEVER seen in a movie theater. I've only ever watched those two films on VHS, DVD or Blu-Ray. So catching the first showing of the movie is obviously not a prerequisite for me loving the movie.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

  3. #13
    Senator Bel-Cam Jos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    Posts
    14,903
    And in a few hours, it'll be the best DVD/Blu-Ray EVAR!!!!!1!!! (am looking forward to slo-mo scene viewing, and extras).
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

  4. #14
    Little disappointed with the extras. Where's the trailers? And we know there are a ton more of deleted scenes (Zuvio, for example). Makes me believe we're gonna see a special edition release in time for Ep. 8.

    And answer this for me: were there scenes of TIE fighter pilots added to the Jakku scenes? Also, when Ren's ship is landing at the Jakku village, I don't remember the long shot where it looks like the village is on a plateau.

  5. #15
    Sadly, Disney has been dropping the ball hard on home releases for a few years now. (Agents of SHIELD 2 and Agent Carter were freaking Amazon exclusives that are already out of print!) Which is really sad, given how they once dominated in the extras game. (Remember when every Disney movie came in "standard" and "so incredibly loaded you couldn't watch all the bonus features in six lifetimes" editions?) And how much both Star Wars and the Marvel movies could benefit from a lot of extras.

    There was also a funny deleted scene of Han playing dumb when the First Order attacks Maz's castle ("Smoke? Do you guys know a Smoke?"). I didn't show my kids the scene when it was posted on Facebook, assuming it would be on the blu-ray. Spoiler: it isn't.
    That's my jacket!

  6. #16
    Senator Bel-Cam Jos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    Posts
    14,903
    I'd post something here (in this still No Spoilers section) more specific, but on the bonus disc, you sort of see a scene from the novel being filmed, that did not make the final film... nor the deleted scenes.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    Little disappointed with the extras. Where's the trailers? And we know there are a ton more of deleted scenes (Zuvio, for example). Makes me believe we're gonna see a special edition release in time for Ep. 8.

    And answer this for me: were there scenes of TIE fighter pilots added to the Jakku scenes? Also, when Ren's ship is landing at the Jakku village, I don't remember the long shot where it looks like the village is on a plateau.
    People have been saying that Zuvio was never actually a featured creature, or in any deleted scenes. He was always supposed to be a background character. Why he was singled out to become two figures is unclear.

    What scenes of TIE pilots? I didn't notice any in the Jakku village. And the long shot was indeed in the movie—there were no changes for the home release.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    There was also a funny deleted scene of Han playing dumb when the First Order attacks Maz's castle ("Smoke? Do you guys know a Smoke?"). I didn't show my kids the scene when it was posted on Facebook, assuming it would be on the blu-ray. Spoiler: it isn't.
    Yes, it is—it's the last deleted scene of the bunch. Han's line about "smoke" is kind of muffled, since I think he's turning and looking at Chewie when he says it. He and Finn also bring up Finn's stormtrooper boots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    I'd post something here (in this still No Spoilers section) more specific, but on the bonus disc, you sort of see a scene from the novel being filmed, that did not make the final film... nor the deleted scenes.
    The Unkar Plutt in Maz's castle scene? Yeah, I wonder why that didn't make it here. Maybe it was deleted very early on?

    The deleted scenes are pretty lackluster, with no commentary or context whatsoever. The Dr. Kalonia one ("Your friend's gonna be just fine!") is extremely awkward, and I'm still not sure exactly how the snowspeeder chase fits in.
    Got a question for Hasbro? Ask it here!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

  8. #18
    When Rey and Finn run into that building, just before Rey pulls out some device which opens all the doors for Han and Chewie, you can see a Snowspeeder through the doorway in the background. So I assume that the Snowspeeder chase scene would have taken place just before that.

    With as rough as the effects were on the Snowspeeder scene, it's clear that it was cut pretty early on; but obviously still remained in the film long enough for Hasbro to get the toy into production.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO