Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Preview Clone Trooper's rifle seems awfully familiar...

Because the forward part is actually a modified, enlarged, upside-down Stormtrooper blaster! What the heck is that about?!? Is it like that in the movie? I think the rear section of the rifle that isn't the Stormie blaster may be the rear of the old Stormtrooper rifle as well. This is all extra strange to me because this accessory is definitely not rehashed from any previous Star Wars figure accessory.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Preview Clone Trooper's rifle seems awfully familiar...

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Because the forward part is actually a modified, enlarged, upside-down Stormtrooper blaster! What the heck is that about?!? Is it like that in the movie?
    The art designers on the movie were probably putting in similarities on purpose; bridging the gap between the older weapons and the OT weapons.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I was wondering when someone else would notice this, I didn't think it was that unobvious to others.

The front half is indeed an upside down beefed up standard Stormtrooper blaster, you can tell by the clip on the barrel which is supposed to be the FOLD-OUT stock and the scope (something about having a scope on the bottom of the gun is weird...) and the back half is from the Imperial Rifles we got with our CTC Stormies. I checked out the trailers, fortunetly it doesn't look exactly the same in the trailers, it looks rather different I think (need some better views) and so it's weird Hasbro would be do this...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Well...

perhaps he borrowed the rifle from some cantina patron!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: Re: Preview Clone Trooper's rifle seems awfully familiar...

Originally posted by pthfnder89

The art designers on the movie were probably putting in similarities on purpose; bridging the gap between the older weapons and the OT weapons.

Exactly.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Whatever the case this is a bad-*** weapon and the Clone Troops are gonna open up a serious can of whoop-*** on the Trade Federation and their cronies!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clonetrooperrifle.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	1038  
    Last edited by Casual George; 03-14-2002 at 04:00 PM.
    Casual George

Here's another.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clone trooper.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	1039  
    Casual George

So that IS how they look in the movie.

Thanks for the scans Casual George.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I dunno, from what I saw from the trailers, they don't look exactly the same, that could be fan done or something, but anyone got a clear picture from the trailers??
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Anyone consider the Republic is using interchangeable parts?

It is a modifiable rifle that can be quickly converted to the standard stormtrooper gun (in the movie universe).

I just made that up, though I think it sounds plausible.

For heavy assaults, the rifle holds additional power and size for careful aiming, such as in air-to-surface use as the troops maybe also using hand weapons to fire from the gunships as they land.

Once down, for light patrol, or quick draw capabilities, the end is pulled off, attached to the stock and trigger parts, and the scope is repositioned.

Like I said I made that up but it might be plausible. - and no, the toy one doesn't do that, but a role-play could....