Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by stillakid

I just bought one of these from Amazon for the $50 price. Whoo hoo!
    Crap in a hat! Don't tell my girlfriend--she got it off Amazon just a couple of months ago for $105. She'll have a cow if she finds out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter

Crap in a hat! Don't tell my girlfriend--she got it off Amazon just a couple of months ago for $105. She'll have a cow if she finds out.

I just got off the phone with her. By the way, you might not want to go home just yet...

Chux, don't try on any hats either.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

One more thing, if she does find out, can you post pictures of that cow delivery. I hope you have a barn out back.

Originally posted by stillakid

I just bought one of these from Amazon for the $50 price. Whoo hoo!
    Thanks for the heads up stillakid! I've wanted one of these forever. It was one of the two things I asked for for Christmas. The other was the teaser poster. I didn't get either. But $50 is way better than $150. I'm glad I waited.

I've snagged the Aurra Sing set, the action figure archives, the scrapbook and the Star Wars and Indy books in the last month at my Waldenbooks. All, and the C-3PO set, are still plentiful in my area.

I have a co-worker who works part-time at Waldenbooks at nights and weekends. Whenever these books start showing up, I ask her to keep an eye out for me.

My Star Wars Chronicles just came from UPS! hooray!

I strongly urge anyone who doesn't have this book to go to Amazon.com and plunk down the $50. It is well worth the amount of information crammed into this book!!

Rollo, when did you order it? I just checked Amazon (I'd like to get one for 50 bones) and they have it for 105 . . .

I beleive hukilu and stillakid and I all bought it "used" from halfpricebooks.com which is linked to Amazon on the left side of the screen. They aren't really used books, it's just an online clearing house.

Click Here! for other cheaper sites.

But back to the SW Chronicles book. There's some cool pics that I wouldn't mind being seen made into toys.

Page 154. The moveable gantry system for reparing and maintaining X-Wings. Make it with "working" hydraulics so you can raise it above a dinky vintage/POTF2 X-Wing, or the bigger FX/25thA version. Maybe even include a rebel tech as a pack in.

Page 208. A composite shot of the Alliance fleet at the end of ESB shows a tantalizing glimpse of six spacecraft waaaaaay tiny in the background. I want closer looks at those ships.

Not to mention all the creatures from the cantina and Jabba's palace that didn't make it into the movie.

This book is great!