Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Picked up the Star Wars Scrapbook at Barnes & Noble for $5.98 a few days ago. Everything was actually inside and it was in good condition!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My Waldenbooks got a new shipment of the Doug Chiang Phantom Menace collectible artbook in last week. I picked that up for $8 and a 2000 edition of a price guide for $2.

I'm visiting a Barnes and Noble later this week to see what they have to offer!

I picked up the TPM Tin lithograph set at a Waldenbooks for 7.99, and my best friend found one at a B&N for like 10 bucks. I'm just happy I DIDN'T pick one up when they were 56 bucks!!!!
    People who whine about scalpers need to GET A LIFE.

Thumbs down

I have to drive 25 miles to find a Waldenbooks (or 35 miles if I go west). Booo!!! There used to be one 7 miles away, and now it's a Foot Action...
    Cost for Book Q... $xx.xx
    Cost for Book Z... $yy.yy
    Cost for Book K... $@@.@@
    All these sales... useless.

Oh, why must I be tortured so? It is utterly impossible for me to get in on these deals. It's hopeless, hopeless...

lazy (adj.) 1. disliking activity or exertion, 2. sluggish, 3. Bel-Cam Jos
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

The litho boxed set is nice but it's not $56 nice. I'm glad I waited.

Wait, Waldenbooks?

Psyche! Gotcha!

Or, did I? Nah. I just didn't want to start a new thread, just stolened an old one.

The school where I work had a book faire yesterday at the local Barnes & Noble. Not only a percentage of sales to go to the school, but there were various spirit events from students and staff there: poetry reading, cheer and dance performers, band playing, etc. Really neat, really cool. But... I picked up a SW book and I went to buy some "underground" and fairly unknown books for my classroom library. One by a Miller guy, called The Crucible, and another by that FS Fritzgerm-whatever dude famous for the Benjamin Button movie, titled The Great Batboy or something. Not on the shelves for Fiction & Literature nor Drama & Plays?!? Oh. They put them in the High School Reading section (makes some sense I guess; but not in BOTH sections?) which is... right behind all the performers. The employees had no qualms about picking out copies or speaking in full-volume voices, but I said I'd wait until the kids were done. And, the "You Might Be Interested In..." part of my receipt suggested some other Miller plays: Death of a Salesman, All My Sons, and The Crucible? Really? Didn't your high tech computer register know I just bought that one? Eh, for a good cause.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."