Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Picked up the Star Wars Scrapbook at Barnes & Noble for $5.98 a few days ago. Everything was actually inside and it was in good condition!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My Waldenbooks got a new shipment of the Doug Chiang Phantom Menace collectible artbook in last week. I picked that up for $8 and a 2000 edition of a price guide for $2.

I'm visiting a Barnes and Noble later this week to see what they have to offer!

I picked up the TPM Tin lithograph set at a Waldenbooks for 7.99, and my best friend found one at a B&N for like 10 bucks. I'm just happy I DIDN'T pick one up when they were 56 bucks!!!!
    People who whine about scalpers need to GET A LIFE.

Thumbs down

I have to drive 25 miles to find a Waldenbooks (or 35 miles if I go west). Booo!!! There used to be one 7 miles away, and now it's a Foot Action...
    Cost for Book Q... $xx.xx
    Cost for Book Z... $yy.yy
    Cost for Book K... $@@.@@
    All these sales... useless.

Oh, why must I be tortured so? It is utterly impossible for me to get in on these deals. It's hopeless, hopeless...

lazy (adj.) 1. disliking activity or exertion, 2. sluggish, 3. Bel-Cam Jos
    "That's what Sheev said."

The litho boxed set is nice but it's not $56 nice. I'm glad I waited.

Wait, Waldenbooks?

Psyche! Gotcha!

Or, did I? Nah. I just didn't want to start a new thread, just stolened an old one.

The school where I work had a book faire yesterday at the local Barnes & Noble. Not only a percentage of sales to go to the school, but there were various spirit events from students and staff there: poetry reading, cheer and dance performers, band playing, etc. Really neat, really cool. But... I picked up a SW book and I went to buy some "underground" and fairly unknown books for my classroom library. One by a Miller guy, called The Crucible, and another by that FS Fritzgerm-whatever dude famous for the Benjamin Button movie, titled The Great Batboy or something. Not on the shelves for Fiction & Literature nor Drama & Plays?!? Oh. They put them in the High School Reading section (makes some sense I guess; but not in BOTH sections?) which is... right behind all the performers. The employees had no qualms about picking out copies or speaking in full-volume voices, but I said I'd wait until the kids were done. And, the "You Might Be Interested In..." part of my receipt suggested some other Miller plays: Death of a Salesman, All My Sons, and The Crucible? Really? Didn't your high tech computer register know I just bought that one? Eh, for a good cause.
    "That's what Sheev said."