Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Big ol' sale at Waldenbooks!

Last night I stopped in a Waldenbooks (taking a brief break from my neverending quest for figures) and found some pretty astonishing clearance buys:

Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive: $3.99
    From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: $4.99
    Aurra Sing: Dawn of the Bounty Hunters: $19.99

Not sure if this is everywhere, but Waldenbooks' clearances normally seem to be universal, so definitely worth checking these out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ooh, Star Wars to Indy looks cool. I have the Archive, it's a steal at that price! Now if my local store would only offer that Aurra Masterpiece . . .

Thanks for the update El Chuxter

I forgot to add that some Waldenbooks have The Star Wars Scrapbook on clearance as well (I think for $4.99). It was overpriced originally, but worth the clearance price.

I'm not 100% sure that Aurra was supposed to be on clearance. They only had one, which was in the middle of a mess of C-3PO's. . . but she was marked at $19.99, and I wasn't about to pass that up!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I mentioned that I found the figure guide and the Indy Jones/Star Wars books in the Just Found (USA) section book a week or two ago.

El Chuxter, I have heard other reports of Aurra being marked down to 19.99, but yours is the first time I've heard from someone saying he actually found it.

Did you get the Threeps book too? I got mine when etoys went under, I thought it was a good deal. A friend picked up the Vader edition for me at a Sam's Club for 10 bones, I still can't believe it

I'd already picked up C-3PO on sale several months ago, but I think it was $19.99 at that point.

MJ, sorry about stealing your thunder there--I haven't checked Just Found in a while. (Ever since it started to get depressing what other folks were finding and I can't.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hey! I found an Aurra today at a different Waldenbooks There were loads of the Threepio set, but only 3 Sing sets. And the Archive was 3.99, but the other two books Chuxter listed were not available.

I haven't gone through the set yet, but it looks to be a nice addition at that price

They are a lot of great deals out there right now but I haven't found one better than my score last week.

I found the "The Star Wars Chronicles" book which has a cover price of $150.00 for ..........drum roll........... $49.95!

I thought it was a steal but I maybe thats because I am already crazy from buying a $50 book.
    Even though Leia was my first love, Padme is waaaaayyyy hotter!

I was able to score the Action figure Archive for $3.99 last night at my Waldenbooks.
    They also had the C-3PO and Aurra Sing collector series also for $19.99 each.
    I am starting to wonder why Waldenbooks has better selection for stuff than TRU or some Wal-Marts....
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Originally posted by hukilu
    They are a lot of great deals out there right now but I haven't found one better than my score last week.

I found the "The Star Wars Chronicles" book which has a cover price of $150.00 for ..........drum roll........... $49.95!

I thought it was a steal but I maybe thats because I am already crazy from buying a $50 book.
    I just bought one of these from Amazon for the $50 price. Whoo hoo!