Hybrid View

Why didn't Qui-Gon disappear...?

I just read a thing on theforce.net regarding the possible appearance of Qui-Gon in E2 and also about Qui-Gon's "non-disappearing act".

Uncle George says we will understand why this happened and is linked to Obi-Wan's statement about how if Vader struck him down he would become more powerful than Vader could ever imagine.

WHAT IF... Qui-Gon gave a "piece of himself" to Obi-Wan the same way Spock did the mind meld thing with McCoy just before he scarificed himself in ST2: TWoK? So now Obi-Wan will embody the spirit of Qui-Gon and it would be as if TWO spirits were acting as one.

I know, I know... it's pretty out there, but I'm just asking WHAT IF???

So don't don't go all Sith on me and goof on me or anything. I'm just putting this out there for discussion...
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 08-27-2001 at 04:36 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

This is one of those things that we hope is explained in Episode II. The only thing is, that Obi-Wan meditated and was prepared to die. If you ask me, Qui-Gon was meditating when he was kneeling down and waiting for the red beam to pass. So I do not think that is the reason why.

"It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Wink i think...

i think we will learn alot more in 2 & 3. especially in three...like how vader got hurt so bad and had to wear the gear...and why he turned bad...

I read somewhere that a Jedi that disappears after they die is because that reached a level or is a part of the jedi training that not all Jedis take[?]I hope GL makes this more clearer in EP 2&3,because now that I tried to explain it.I'm more than ever.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

I read on the official site that Lucas said that the melding with the Force was something that only Yoda and Obi-Wan learned specially, but that doesn't explain Anakin at the end of ROTJ.

My theory is that Qui-Gon did not see it coming, did not give himself freely to death unlike Obi-Wan, Yoda, and even Vader, so he doesn't get to become an individual with the Force.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That sounds better than what I said,Thanks.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Sure thing. I think that'll be the way it works, it's a classic myth thing I think, a bigger than life character gives his life and gets a reward in the story.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The expanded universe explanation to this phenomenom is that only Jedi Master's disappear when they are dead...however Qui Gonn Jinn was indeed a Jedi Master....or not???
    As always...........L