Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi

StarWars.com revealed the title of Episode VIII, and it's: THE LAST JEDI.

The poster is in the same style of the first TFA teaser poster, though the yellow SW logo is now red. I like that the logos for the new saga movies are consistent with each other; now will the Han Solo movie follow Rogue One's style, or do its own thing?

As for the title itself, well, these always take some getting used to. I'm slightly bummed they didn't do a four-word title to match AOTC and TESB, and this would have made more sense as TFA's title. It's reminiscent of Transformers: The Last Knight, though both series have a history of similar-sounding names, just not in the same calendar year. And I always think it's funny when the word "last" is used in a title and the movie isn't the final entry in the series, though Last Crusade, Final Friday, and The Final Nightmare can't help that their series were continued later.

However, the title gets me excited to see much more of Luke Skywalker, who's explicitly called "the last Jedi" in TFA's opening crawl. And TLJ is an acronym that works, I suppose. Since "Jedi" is both singular and plural, it could theoretically apply to just Luke, or Luke and Rey, Kylo, or others, much like ROTJ could be interpreted to be about Luke, Anakin, or the Order as a whole. I also wouldn't be surprised if Rey becomes something other than a Jedi, given all the groundwork they've laid over the last few years with Force wielders and worshippers who aren't Jedi (the Dagoyan, Ahsoka, Bendu, Church of the Force, Guardians of the Whills...).
    Got a question for Hasbro? Ask it here!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

TLJ. I like it, but wasn't yours was the first TLJ, JJL?

Super not feeling this for the moment. The movies now go Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi? That's a mixed message at best. Might as well title your movies "we had one idea, we finished that idea, now we're doing that same idea again".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    Well, then Episode IX will be "Test Pattern." Or, "Toy Story IV: A New Franchise."

[edit] I had a little thought this morning: what if the Episode VII-IX subtitles spell out a sentence? As in "The Force awakens the last Jedi to complete the circle." Or "... to balance [or save] the galaxy." Hmm.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 01-24-2017 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Thinkin' 'bout stuff and all...
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

I also read someplace that this will be the third movie to have text in red. ROTJ and ROTS were also in red.

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    I know the ENTIRE plot! Here's proof, from a certain EU thread here at SSG:

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam, from 3-18-13
    Finished two, one a resource book, the other a novel: The Last Jedi (Reaves, M. & MK Bohnhoff) and The Essential Reader's Companion (Hidalgo, P.). The adventures of Jax Pavan, I-Five, Den Dhur, and... Darth Vader? were pretty good (with a reeeeeeally slow middle part that dragged) and it's rare that I don't have any idea how a SW book will end. Shocking aspects to start, and others of lesser shock value throughout; this was a more-than decent continuation of the "Coruscant Nights" trilogy (and Shadow Games novel).
    So there it is. Rey's not even IN this movie, I guess.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

I also saw on the interwebs an interesting idea that if you take the sub names of VII & VIII you get "The Force Awakens The Last Jedi." Does that mean something? Coincidence? Beats me.