40th Anniversary Collection fixes 6-inch Black Series Leia headsculpt

First off, to clarify, the 40thAC is a subline of The Black Series, it is not a separate line.

Now, if you'll note from Toy Fair in this photo Steve took and in this photo from Hasbro, the awful 6-inch Leia headsculpt has been replaced with a far, far better version.

I am so glad, this figure was one I was really looking forward to and its original head was so bad I couldn't pull the trigger even at $15. HTS had it on preorder this morning but it sold out lightning quick.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    I seeing the various figures displays, including the Leia one, there might be a few I'd get, depending on price. I just hope the distribution is tolerable; I won't go crazy and expect "fair" or "consistent."
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

I'm kind of on the fence with this sub-line. It seems geared for carded collectors and I've opened all the Black Series figures I've gotten so far. Don't think I have space for displaying/storing another line. I couldn't bring myself to open TVC or the Gentel Giant jumbo lines since I didn't want to destroy the awesome packaging (though Gentle Giant figured out this problem and can be safely opened and resealed). I pre-ordered Leia on Amazon because Leia, but not sure if I'll many more.

The figure, and some of the first wave, are available for preorder on Amazon right now. I jumped at the chance to get that Leia. It's also available from other sites for preorder as well, and rumor has it that HTS is sending shipping notices on the people who got their preorders in, despite this line not hitting Amazon until April 21st.

I agree with ya, Maradona, this seems like a huge risk if you already own these figures, although you at least have a new R5-D4 (from GameStop, yeesh), and a new Death Star Trooper although in all black, but for openers it's not that great a line. Heck, I *just* got that Obi-Wan the other day.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I preordered a Leia an r2 and a Han from amazon. Really disappointed that there is no updated Darth Vader TIE advanced for this year. It is sorely in need of an update, has been featured in Rebels recently, and is one of the iconic ships from episode IV. I really hope Hasbro has this in the plans for the year (minus any nerf darts or app tie ins.

Blog Entries
    I think Hasbro will put in Nerf stuff to all remolded and new vehicles from this point on to the future. They're crossing over their brands to increase play (sales) for kids.

On the U-wing it is well concealed. But I would have loved it if the ship also had a normal firing missile cannon on top of the back like the snowspeeder's harpoon gun. This is a "gunship" style troop transport and the Republic Gunship had a rear cannon to protect soldiers so it could deliver them to battle and not get hit from behind while airborne, vs more versatile fighters.

I still have to open my TIE Striker but it looks pretty obviously NOT-hidden.

The A-wing? Uh. I haven't bought it yet, but now kind of want to. It's another Hera figure that's the biggest draw for me. But the Nerf gun is obvious.

Did they Nerf the AT-ACT? I'm not planning on getting that one. They Nerfed the Falcon, which I also didn't get. I'm not interested in these even at $10 clearance prices.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    I preordered a Leia an r2 and a Han from amazon. Really disappointed that there is no updated Darth Vader TIE advanced for this year. It is sorely in need of an update, has been featured in Rebels recently, and is one of the iconic ships from episode IV. I really hope Hasbro has this in the plans for the year (minus any nerf darts or app tie ins.
    Good point, that mold is pretty dated now. The Nerf darts kept me from buying the previous ships though, they use up too much mold budget for a gimmick that's unattractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I think Hasbro will put in Nerf stuff to all remolded and new vehicles from this point on to the future. They're crossing over their brands to increase play (sales) for kids.

On the U-wing it is well concealed. But I would have loved it if the ship also had a normal firing missile cannon on top of the back like the snowspeeder's harpoon gun. This is a "gunship" style troop transport and the Republic Gunship had a rear cannon to protect soldiers so it could deliver them to battle and not get hit from behind while airborne, vs more versatile fighters.

I still have to open my TIE Striker but it looks pretty obviously NOT-hidden.

The A-wing? Uh. I haven't bought it yet, but now kind of want to. It's another Hera figure that's the biggest draw for me. But the Nerf gun is obvious.

Did they Nerf the AT-ACT? I'm not planning on getting that one. They Nerfed the Falcon, which I also didn't get. I'm not interested in these even at $10 clearance prices.
    The TIE Striker I think they're trying to get away with it not being hidden because that ship has a larger than normal lower cannon array, but it just looks bad.

I am a big Rebels fan but I passed on the A-wing even on clearance due to that giant Nerf launcher on the bottom.

The AT-ACT does have Nerf in the head, it's not as obvious because it's behind a flap inside the cockpit.