Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Waterworld!

Re: 3000 miles to Graceland...

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

All three of the movies you just mentioned were in production, post production or in the can by the time we went into Afghanistan. So where do you make the connection the govt PAID them to be made? The proof seems to contradict your argument.
    I'm sure this will be controversial in a Oliver Stone type of way, but who's to say that insiders in our government (intelligence and their cooperative political counterparts) didn't already know we'd be going into Afghanistan.

I swear I hope that all the lives lost in the World Trade Center were not sacraficed for the selfish interests of those in power in our own hemisphere, but our government KNEW before Pearl Harbor, and these types of things can happen any time the general public is lax about watching their government.

We haven't found Osama Bin Laden yet, huh? Is it possible that's because he's a paid agent of the C.I.A.?

We hire all sorts of scum to do the jobs we can't, or it would look better having a scape goat doing. The intelligence game is a very tricky one, and things are a lot darker than our government would like to admit.

Everything that is done is executed in a way to sway the public opinion. A government still operates only by the consent of its people. But those elistists that can manipulate the law for their own personal gain in energy and natural fuel resources, as well as credit, international credit, and weapons sales, will do so with impunity the dumber they estimate the public to be. All would-be terrorists have to do is watch the Jerry Springer show to know just what level they can try to run a black-ops cover story for.

And finally, this country has supported the Jews in Israel as a matter of policy for - well ever since England ceeded its captured territory in "Palestine" and created Israel (By force of British guns) for the Jewish Holocaust Survivors. Homeless, or at least disenfranchised from their own land (supposedly - can Palestinians in Israel vote?), the Palestinian Muslems are suffering their own sort of Holocaust in a way. I don't know if the Jewish Israelis only replaced the Christian Brits as their oppressors, or if there were as much contention before the creation of Israel (with local land control) as their is now. Or is it because the Palestinians perceived the Jews to be weaker than the British Empire, and then the United States, World War II's real victor, suddenly moved in to sell weapons and train armies in Israel? Then the Israelis got tough as nails.

Now it's all about revenge and blood feuds between families and the governments have lost control.

Israel should ceede the captured territory they took in later wars following their nation's creation, and the United States should probably use armed forces to safeguard the "New Palestine's" borders from Israel. That would really tick our old allies off, but it would end this conflict. We can try to at least continue to have normal relations with Israel on our weapons deals and trade arrangements, but they need us - it's not the other way around. And Israel won't dare set to wage war against the United States. Too many of our families and citizens are interchanged. But that doesn't mean that leaving a people (the Palestinians) without a homeland is right.

I figure then the Muslem world would owe us one, that will serve justice to them, and if we want to topple Iraq and kill Sadam, they can look the other way and there can be justice for the Kurds and others that Sadam is executing or driving to extinction in his own country.

Why the heck did I post all this? Don't know. I'm just really deeply thinking this morning. That's all.

hey tycho,

i started to say what the hell are you thinking, but you're right, we did know pearl harbor was going to happen and did nothing. as a matter of fact, i read a book called "the roosevelt myth", by john t. flynn, in which FDR's secretary of state, henry stimson is quoted as saying roosevelt wanted to manuver the japanese into attacking so we could get in the war.

i guess we like to think the best of out government, that they wouldn't let something like pearl harbor, or nine-eleven happen, but who knows?

Re: 3000 miles to Graceland...

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    And the CGI scorpion fight during the opening credits?
    I've been trying to figure that out myself

I don't know what to think of the fact that 2 men who both had great turns as Wyatt Earp would end up in the same film playing . . . Elvis impersonators ?

Water world was not bad. But what I really like was Dances with Wolves. That was a real classic.
    I have watch it over 10 times and I am not bored of it as yet and I don't think I will be.

Postman was so so. I find it rather boring although the plot is not bad.
    Robin Hood Prince of Thieves is a good movie too. Action pack all the way.

All I know is that I want some of those cool guill thinks behind my ears. I would be a lobstering fool.

There was a lot of appreciation for Waterworld here just a few years ago.

I just watched it again and must concur - again: this is a fun movie!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I need to watch this one again, I've caught a few minutes here and there on TV lately and it keeps reminding me that it's a watchable flick - not the best or anything, but watchable.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.