View Poll Results: How does what we've seen so far of E2 Lego look to you?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lots of good designs, I like it!

91 74.59%
  • Better than E1 Lego, but could be better.

26 21.31%
  • Not so great (explain below).

5 4.10%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How does what we've seen so far of E2 Lego look to you?

Let's talk about it!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Lots of good designs, I like it!
    Very nice designs,I cant wait
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I am a latecomer to the SW LEGO collecting scene. I first started buying them when TPM sets were discounted. Wow, was I ever missing out on some fun !

Therefore, I was hoping to get some cool AOTC sets when the toy rush begins - and the more pics I see, the more excited I get! Bring on the LEGO sets . . . I know I'll be spending more on LEGOs than figures this year.

I am wondering if the initial sets will be released on April 23 as well ? ? ?

I think these look way better than the first wave of Ep 1 LEGO, these are very nice looking designs.

As for the first set, it'll be the Jedi Starfighter in March, and I believe the other sets will be coming probably in early May. We'll be getting an ep 2 set next month!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I haven't bought legos since 'ye ole' Pirates vs. Imperials. I stopped when they had that Islanders set. Shameful really. Castles used to be good too, I never got into the sci fi though. Then they had that Adventure set, which is a total rip off of Indiana Jones. My brother has that Spielberg movie magic set, which is cool, but me and my friends just make obscene films using TMNT action figures using the camera...

I haven't bought any Star Wars LEGOS. The E2 stuff looks decent I guess, but I have no desire for LEGOS anymore. At least the new Legos have more articulation than what Hasbro is spewing out in May.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

They're Grrrrrreat!

I love the new slave-1, bigger and closer to scale and shape (still could be more rounded though), jedi starfighter is cool. Now all we need is a huge LEGO sandcrawler to store all of the other sets. That would be awesome and come with say 10 jawas. One can only hope.

Lego has come a long way since I was a kid.

Back then you could only get a very limited amount of colored blocks and there were none of the strangely mold pieces that we have today. back then they were all blocks and maybe some angled pieces.

Kudos to LEGO!!
    Move along, move along

Angry no Mace!

the sets look great to me... with one exception... when the spy reports were out, they said a Mace Windu lego would come with the Republic Gunship (just like a Lando would come with the Cloud Car.) But noooo! We get a boring generic Jedi. I just wish Lego would make these 2 cool black characters! What's it gonna take, getting Jesse Jackson after them?

I like what I have seen so far. But I think Lego uses to many new and specially pieces these days.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Re: no Mace!

Originally posted by jethro8
    the sets look great to me... with one exception... when the spy reports were out, they said a Mace Windu lego would come with the Republic Gunship (just like a Lando would come with the Cloud Car.) But noooo! We get a boring generic Jedi. I just wish Lego would make these 2 cool black characters! What's it gonna take, getting Jesse Jackson after them?
    This issue is a complicated one for LEGO, they do want to do Lando and Mace, but they have to make a huge decision that will change a major issue of their company. In the past, the yellow-skinned mini-figure has always represented a generic race, not white, not black, not asian, hispanic, or anything else, just a generic person who can be related to by any boy or girl anywhere on this globe. However, if Lego makes Lando and Mace with brown skin tones, they'll be saying that the yellow mini-figure no longer represents EVERYBODY; but if they make Lando and Mace with yellow skin, that may not go over well either. So it's not as easy as it sounds, some folks say "just go with the brown skin, there are other mini-figs with other skin tones", but others say "why single out black people, why separate them from the toys?". Personally, I'd rather have yellow Lando and Mace, but this is a line based on a movie (another first for LEGO) and that may not be accurate enough for most folks...

See what I mean about it being complicated?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think going with the yellow Lando and Mace would probably be just fine. Mace, who's bald, will be difficult to distinguish as representing a character played by Samuel L. Jackson (for a Lego). Lando should be easier, with his hair and signature mustache.

I could be wrong about the larger issue though and reserve the right to change my point of view if I see compelling arguments to change these characters to a brown skin tone. I think that Lego's way of saying all human characters are just human, and yellow represents us all is very inclusive.

Promoting diversity might say "Hey, Lando was a hero and he's special because of that - and his signature look - so you acknowledge a contributing black character as a black man." That celebrates his diversity - and I understand that. I also like that term: celebrating diversity, versus "promoting diversity" which might sound like it not only distinguishes us, but separates us.

Lando joined with his friends Han and Leia as a Rebel - that was what concerned him as a character - not that he was black. In the Star Wars universe there is no reason to reflect that a character is a black human, when Amanins for one, are a heck of a lot more different in their culture and attitude, while Lando and Han are shown to be nearly identical (when making a comparison with an alien character). So that he wore the Rebel uniform is more in tune with WHO Lando is, versus what color skin he has.