Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ask the Jedi Council..just don't expect answers...

Here is today's "Ask the Jedi Council"
    Question: What is the symbol on the Jedi Starfighter, you know, the one that looks strikingly similar to the Galactic Empire's symbol?

And here is Doug Chaing's completely unhelpful response:

"I'm glad you noticed! The symbol on the Jedi fighter is derived from the Galactic Empire symbol. The reason why will be revealed later."

"The reason why will be revealed later."

Uh, thanks for the completely unenlightening answer. Tell me, if you aren't even going to bother, why post that question? Or better yet, why have an Jedi Council Q&A at all? It's bad enough we get anonymous made-up answers from Jocasta Nu to irrelevant EU questions. But I'm sure you get THOUSANDS of legitimate questions every day, and then you choose this and specifically DON'T answer it. Shmucks.

So I thought we here at SSG could start our own Jedi Council and answer those long sought after questions with this Doug Chaing/jedi Council theory of distractive non answering.

Q: On the Lar's Moisture Farm, where is the "hole" that houses Luke's impounded T-16? There is no corresponding area in the long shots that might explain this.

A: I'm glad you noticed. The location of Luke's T-16 is SECRET and will be revealed at the appropriate time.

Q: I thing Greedo firing first is the worst idea in the history of cinema. Why did George change it?

A: I'm glad you asked. We cannot reveal the true reasons behind that. Suffice to say, they are excellent reasons.

Q: Did Vader recognize 3PO on Chewie's back and therefore prevent Fett from destroying the droid he had built?

A: Excellent question! The answer is none of your business.

I've never liked Doug Chiang anyway. Mama's boy.

Theory...?

The Jedi Knights worked with the Judicials, so perhaps the insignia was really that of the Judicial System. With that being the case, the clones were comissioned to help the Jedi and the Judicial System. With that in place... and the Republic giving way to the Empire in E3, would it not make sense that their insignia would just carry over as part of the Imperial Law Enforcement system?
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 03-15-2002 at 01:00 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: Theory...?

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    The Jedi Knights worked with the Judicials, so perhaps the insignia was really that of the Judicial System. With that being the case, the clones were comissioned to help the Jedi and the Judicial System. With that in place... and the Republic giving way to the Empire in E3, would it not make sense that they insignia would just carry over as part of the Imperial Law Enforcement system?
    Which is a plausible theory. But we won't know because Dougie refuses to answer the question that the WEBSITE BOTHERED TO POST IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Thanks for starting a thread about this rollo. I've lost count of how many times I've submitted questions with depth and a specific angle only to see them flushed down the toilet and replaced with these vapid trivial nonsense questions. Seems unless you kiss their arses you don't even get a look in. Any questions that might trip up the revision of star wars or point out glaring inconsistencies will just be laughed at and deleted.

Unless of course I'm blacklisted for calling George and Ricky rude names.....

What could the really say, though, if they don't know the real answer?

"Yeah, George liked the design a lot, but he doesn't really have a story worked out about it. It'll be addressed in one of the books, I don't know which, just buy them all."
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    What could the really say, though, if they don't know the real answer?
    "Yeah, George liked the design a lot, but he doesn't really have a story worked out about it. It'll be addressed in one of the books, I don't know which, just buy them all."

So if they didn't know the answer, WHY DID THEY POST THAT QUESTION? I'm sure there were planty of submitted questions that they DID know the answer to.

It's like those yokels who call up the TV news poll 1-900 number at $.65 a pop and answer "Don't know." Idiot. Don't call then.

"48% are for this issue. 45% are against. And 7% are undecided." As Mrs. Brovlofski would say...What what what?

I'm reminded of page 12 of SW Insider 39:

Insider: Tell me something - why does Darth Maul's face look that way? Is it tattooed or is that a marking from the alien species he belongs to?

McCallum: We have to leave that one unclear for now.

Insider: So that's still a mystery?

McCallum: Exactly.

They're all puppets of Lucas. And Lucas doesn't care about small details until he has some sort of financial interest in them.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Mauls face isnt exactly a mystery...Read the books/comic and you'll find the answer.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

It should be called "Ask T'Bone". The answer to the symbol:

http://www.cinescape.com/24/Editoria...3508&aff_id=24

As it turns out, the disc with eight spokes is an ancient symbol that dates back to a people known as the Bendu Monks. The monks studied numerology pretty heavily and stated that the number 9 (eight spokes joined to one disc) is a symbol for the beneficent presence of the Force in a unitary galaxy. A thousand generations later, after the fall of the Republic, Palpatine defaced this ancient symbol by removing 2 of the spokes, thus creating the logo of the Galactic Empire.

Check the link for some comparison to Hitler and the swastica.