Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

What's a licker?
    IN the video game, In Resident Evil 2, there where these creatures that hung out on the ceiling, waiting to pounce on you. They had these long tounges and huge claws. These were the "lickers". In the movie, the creature that kills "Spenc" and then mutates was a licker. It was also seen in earlyer parts of the movie. That was the "licker" Rollo
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Okay. I thought it might be some cutesy name for Milla's "bathing suit area." I like the licker, too.

Completely unrelated, but still funny. A woman came out of Return to Neverland and asked if we could refund one of her tickets because her husband had got beeped to come into work. She explained he was a resident at the hospital and one of my co-workers, without missing a beat asked in his best Dr. Evil impersonation. "Is he an EVIL resident?? (pinky on lip)"

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Okay. I thought it might be some cutesy name for Milla's "bathing suit area."

Rollo, did that lady get her refund? It kinda bothered me when a friend's girlfriend would go to the movies with us while "on call"

i just got back from watching this film, and it was better than i expected, which was not much, but not really nothing special. definately the best video game to film translation yet, and that ain't saying much. i hate to say this, but this film really need some more gore to it, and while they were at it, some gratutious nudity wouldn't of hurt my feelings. i would of loved it if when the zombies first appeared, the baseline to thriller had kicked in.

maybe i'll watch this again a little later when the crowds thin out. at times during the film i counted at least 6 people talking at once, a really fat lady snoring next to me, and a baby that would not stop crying.

there will definately be a sequal to this film. i wonder what joel schumacker is up to?
    Last edited by derek; 03-17-2002 at 07:44 PM.

I loved this movie! I am a huge fan of the games, and was hoping the movie did a good job of connecting to the games, and it really fit well.

I went with some people who never played the games, and they didn't like the movie as much. So I think that you have to be a fan of the games to enjoy the movie. They said that some stuff wasn't explained very well, but I thought it was done good. Maybe I took the backstory for granted because I already knew the story from the game.

One question, there is that scene where Mila fought the dogs and that cop guy found his sister, while the spec ops guys were trapped in the computer room. They couldn't get out, because of the zombies, yet Mila and the cop guy could get in. How could they get in if the area was surrounded by zombies?
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

wolfwood319,

i don't have an answer for you about that question, but that electromagnetic pulse that they used to shut down the building computer should of been un-useable. shouldn't it of been in cubes?

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    I loved this movie!
    OMG!!!! I think this is the first word of praise that I have seen Wolfwood319 say on anything. Mark it on your calander!!!!!! LOL. JK Wolfwood319

One question, there is that scene where Mila fought the dogs and that cop guy found his sister, while the spec ops guys were trapped in the computer room. They couldn't get out, because of the zombies, yet Mila and the cop guy could get in. How could they get in if the area was surrounded by zombies?
    And the answer is . . . . there is 2 entrances to the Red Queen's control room. Right b/4 they entered(Milia and the cop) you see a computer layout of the hive. You can see Milia and the cop running to the room. There are 2 hallways leading to this room. Plus Millia said "What about this door?" and the one S.T.A.R.S. member said, "IT'S BLOCKED!!" or something to that effect. But there are 2 ways out of the begining room.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Originally posted by derek
    wolfwood319,

i don't have an answer for you about that question, but that electromagnetic pulse that they used to shut down the building computer should of been un-useable. shouldn't it of been in cubes?
    No, the laser line did not turn into netting until it was right in front of the guy. He had backed up, past the rest of the dead members, b/4 he got "cubed". So it never got touched. Someone at the theater asked the same question and they thought it was b/c the laser only affected organic material. I asked then "Why did the knife get cut in two???"

Well glad to hear I'm not the only one who enjoyed this movie.
    I certainly can't wait to see a sequel. I must admit I reeeally wanted to see a movie version Tyrant though...no luck
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!