Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil

I thought it was dirty pool how the laser changed heights halfway. The poor guy was getting ready to jump oven an ankle high beam and it catches him right in the chest. I'd a been ticked!.

I saw this movie last night and I thought it was awesome. The story was great, the special effects, Mila Jovovich. This movie definatley delivers unlike Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Super Mario Brothers, etc... I certainly hope there will be a sequel to this movie. I only hope it makes enough money to garner a sequel.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Praise is not something I like to give out D'ar Argol. Keeps everyone striving to set the bar higher.

Actually, now that I saw a picture of the hive diagram, it makes sense. How those 2 got away, and then came back, assuming that there were only zombies in that one part.

Yeah, it was cheap that the laser changed heights, and then when it turns into the net, cheap cheap cheap... That poor guy almost made it.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I saw it too,the ending was so cool! also do you think that the guy that got sliced by the licker then started to mutate,do you think he will come back in as the human licker in the game,the one grey guy that has an eye on his arm. Maby for the second moive.
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    I thought it was dirty pool how the laser changed heights halfway. The poor guy was getting ready to jump oven an ankle high beam and it catches him right in the chest. I'd a been ticked!.

You would be dead. but i know where your comming from that would suck,also what happen to the guy that lost his figures.he's there one minute the next guy gets killed and he's gone!

Originally posted by SithDroid
    I saw this movie last night and I thought it was awesome. The story was great, the special effects, Mila Jovovich. This movie definatley delivers unlike Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Super Mario Brothers, etc... I certainly hope there will be a sequel to this movie. I only hope it makes enough money to garner a sequel.
    The sequel is for sure, from everything that I heard. The director and Milla, as well as a few others in the cast have in their contracts they will return for "Resident Evil II: Nemesis". That's why they ended it the way they did...to set up the upcoming sequel. Hopefully we will see another Umbrella Corp. base in the next movie that has a "Red Queen" computer system. She was cool, and I wished she would have gotten a bigger part in the first movie.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 03-19-2002 at 06:28 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Actually, the giant greay guy your speaking of, Mylow, with an eye on his arm, is William Berkin. He is the scientist who created the G-Virus, and its explained in RE2. Also, the end of the movie takes place some time after the events in the movie. The town the way you see it in the end of the movie is what happens to the town in RE2 and RE3, and that happens some months after the first RE. So if the movie happens even before the first game, Milla was in that lab for some time.

They mentioned they wanted him for the "Nemesis Project" which I think is referring to Tyrants. Tyrants are those giant grey guys who look like humans for the most part. They've appeared in every game so far, but the only "Nemesis" was in RE3, and he was actually the first Tyrant from the first game, pieced back together to hunt down S.T.A.R.S members.

I hope the sequel has maybe a few characters from the game, and I hope the games continue on the story in the movie, too. This is the first video game movie that really fits into the games. It would be cool to have some S.T.A.R.S. members in the next movie. The next movie could be Milla escaping the town, and meeting up with some other survivors, that would really be cool. I'm looking forward to the next movie, and the new games!

Thanx for the info.and i hope the guy that got sucked out of the train by the licker at the end,is in the second one i know. But looks can be deseving. also the one guy that got turned into minced meat by the lasers does he also play jango fett in ep2?

Originally posted by mylow thehutt
    Thanx for the info.and i hope the guy that got sucked out of the train by the licker at the end,is in the second one i know. But looks can be deseving. also the one guy that got turned into minced meat by the lasers does he also play jango fett in ep2?
    No that's not the guy who plays Jango Fett in EP II.

O.K. So there is RE, RE2, RE:Nemesis, RE: Code Veronica, and an upcoming RE4. If I count correctly that is 5 games, so what order do the games take place in? I have only played a little of RE: Code Veronica. Also there is a RE: Biohazard, which I think is a foreign version of one of the RE games (the title is the only thing different). Plus, is anyone excited about seeing them redone for the Gamecube? I might just have to go out and get me a Gamecube now. Well for that and James Bond plus the upcoming Spiderman game.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Oh yeah, RE for the 'cube is gonna rock up! Its supposedly completely redone, the graphics of course, but completely new areas, monsters, and playable characters.

I'll give a complete run down of all 4 games and when they take place.

Resident Evil

The first game. Takes place in a mansion located near the out skirts of Raccoon city. STARS Bravo team is sent to the area to investigate a series of mysterious murders caused by dogs (cerebus.) When the team doesn't come back, STARS Alpha team is sent in. They get attacked by cerebuses, and the surviving members escape to the nearby mansion for saftey.

You played as either Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine. With supporting characters of Barry Burton, Rebecca Chambers, and Albert Wesker.

As you explored the mansion, you learned of the laboratory (Hive), the experiments, and some underlying conspiracy involving the town and Umbrella. Turns out that Albert Wesker worked for the company and tried to kill off the remaining STARS members to protect the project. He set loose the prototype Tyrant monster, and he was the last boss of the game.

Wesker is presumeably dead, and the 4 remaining members escape back to town, after destroying the lab.

Now, after the movie, presumeably, the team only destroyed a small portion of the lab near the mansion.